“comfort suites”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed 17 May 2014

it is a good place to stay when you are traveling very good i would tell friends an family about comfort suite good service an very nice poeple that work at the hotel an they keep very clean room an pool

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CSOfficeManager, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Robert T,

Thank you for leaving your kind comment about the Comfort Suites in Perrysburg. I am very delighted to hear of your positive experience. We continually work towards our goal of 100% satisfaction for each guest. I will be sure to share your comment with all of the staff to show them how we are doing as a team.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I were so excited to stay at this hotel. We were traveling on business and decided to extend our trip to spend more time in the Neptune Suite (which is what the front staff calls the spa suite with hot tub and walk in shower). Bad idea! When we got into our room we laughed at the pathetically bad view we had of the roof of the entrance way. I dismissed the dust I found on top of the couch and the obviously old stains on the sheets as not enough of an annoyance to create a fuse about. Well, in hindsight I should have.

We checked in on a Thursday evening and Friday morning as we were getting ready, I found a woman's jacket wedged between the couch and the wall separating the hot tub from the room. Gross - but I tossed it with the towels in the bathroom to have housekeeping remove when they cleaned. We left our room sometime around 1 pm and when we got back a few hours later, housekeeping had come and gone. Jacket was still there, but I just figured they thought it was mine, no biggie. Saturday, we left the room around 1:30 to photograph the wedding we had come into town for, and got back later in the evening only to discover our room had not been cleaned. I called down to the front desk and was given only rude answers and no apology. After a comment submitted to corporate I received an apology and this explanation:

"Had the housekeeping staff been available when you returned to the room, it would have been our pleasure to have the room cleaned. Unfortunately, they were already gone for the day, as they only work until they are finished with their assigments, typically 1:30-2pm. Being a smaller hotel of only 53 rooms, we do not have the luxury of a 24-hour housekeeping staff."

So stay at this hotel with this warning - if you are not a regular 9-5er, even on the weekends, your room will not be cleaned. Its better to save your money and stay somewhere else.

In addition to the poor service, and less than spotless room, we also had a TV with a small hole in the screen. The bed spreads are white, not what are shown in the pictures - so you'll see every stain your predecessors left. And the continental breakfast, while it does offer variety, was not worth getting up for.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily B
CSOfficeManager, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Emily B,

I have previously expressed my sincerest apologies that we were unable to accommodate housekeeping service to your schedule. Your "do not disturb" sign was in place until 1:30 pm. We did not know that you had removed your sign and asked for service. Had we known this, we would have been happy to clean your room. We want all guests to feel comfortable, but we were under the impression that you did not want service. Housekeeping had, in fact, already finished and were gone before you removed your sign. The front desk agent was trying to be accommodating as possible, and did offer an apology; however, you wanted your room serviced outside of housekeeping hours, and it was not possible. We are all very sorry about this and we wish there were more we can do. A discount was applied for the inconvenience. I would be very happy to make things right with you, but you cannot blame our housekeeping staff for not servicing your room when you had your do not disturb sign displayed until 1:30 pm, and did not tell us that you had removed it.

Once again, I am terribly sorry for the discomfort you experienced.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

On checking in we were upgraded to a suite with a Jacuzzi which unfortunately we did not find time to soak in. The room is huge and unlikely hotels we stayed in before where you can hear what's happening in the next room and people walking by the corridor. The third floor has an excellent view and Cracker Barrel restaurant just next to the hotel.
For breakfast we will miss Robyn the breakfast hostess and her cheerful voice in the morning. She's just a delightful worker that we will repeat our stay, if possible, just to chat with her over breakfast!
The microwave and fridge comes in real useful if you need a drink and warm up food.
Great place with great people.
A complete home stay.

Room Tip: Third floor facing Cracker Barrel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear, scy298298

Thank you for leaving your thoughts about your recent trip to Comfort Suites in Perrysburg. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time here with us, and that your stay was comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with all of the staff, especially Robyn, to let them know how happy you were with our facilities.

Thank you again for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We found the Comfort Suites a couple of years ago while staying in a less desirable motel, and found it to be very clean, the staff is very friendly, and the rooms have been remodeled and are nice and comfortable. The biggest problem is that the internet connection is VERY slow. We found this true again this year while staying here four nights.
They have a breakfast bar for certain hours each morning. There are also several places to eat within walking distance; a Cracker Barrel and Frickers Bar & Grill are next door. Shopping is very accessible. We will probably continue to stay at Comfort Suites each year when we visit Toledo for baseball games.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quieter as a rule because the downstairs rooms get all the walking noises of people...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 33elaineb,

Thank you for staying with us again this year. We greatly appreciate your continued business, and we welcome you back time after time. I am very happy that we are able to make you feel comfortable when you are away from home. Just very recently (only a couple of days ago) the installation process for our new internet was completed, and we are now happy to offer an internet connection with double the speeds, and more reliability. Hopefully for your next trip to Comfort Suites, you will no longer experience issues with the internet speeds. Thanks again for staying with us here.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I have been an Elite member since 2008, and stayed at 100's of hotels. This hotel makes my top 10 list. I initially reserved a standard king room. Due to my elite status, I was upgraded to a king suite. The room was AMAZING. Definitely returning!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
CSOfficeManager, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Danielson1824,

Thank you for leaving your feedback of your recent stay at Comfort Suites in Perrysburg. Our goal is to provide each guest with a 100% satisfactory experience, and I am truly happy that we met our goal with your stay. I am happy that we were able to provide you with the extra perks that an Elite member would receive. All guests are appreciated, and we do our best to make sure everyone is comfortable, but as an Elite member, your status does not go unrecognized! Please come back and see us soon! We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My family of 5 stayed at the Comfort Suites for a soccer tournament at BGSU. We booked a 2 Queen Suite, which is shown on their website as 2 Queens plus a sofa and sleeping a maximum of 5 people, or 6 with an extra bed. We were disappointed when we got to our room to find that the sofa was a leather sofa (not sleeper sofa) and that there was no bedding in the room for it. I went to the front desk and got bedding, but my husband said the sofa was very uncomfortable to sleep on. We paid our 11-yr old son to sleep there on night 2! I think for us, we would have been more comfortable in a King Suite with a sleeper sofa. Also, I can't imagine where you would put an extra bed in the 2Q Suite if you were a family of 6, it would have to be awfully crowded.

However, the hotel was updated and clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was fine. The location was very convenient to BGSU. We stay in Perrysburg every year for this annual tournament, and we preferred the Comfort Suites to other hotels we've stayed at, especially for the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
CSOfficeManager, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear LizD99,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent trip to Comfort Suites Perrysburg. I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations with cleanliness and friendliness! I will be sure to let everyone know how well we were are doing.

I am sorry that the sleeping arrangements left you and your family feeling uncomfortable. We continually strive to provide each guest with a comfortable stay, and I am sad that we did not meet this goal for your family. I hope you would consider returning so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a comfortable experience in the future.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have never seen such a strangely configured room. There was a long, long hallway that led back to the bedroom. The TV was on the wall beside the bed. There was just a whole lot of space that there was nothing you could use it for! If the chair was in the long hallway alcove, you could at least read while someone slept. It was OK but seemed like a room they stuck in with the excess space they had.
Any crowd would have made breakfast a nightmare with the layout they have to work with.
Would stay overnight again but not if there were something better at the same price.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
CSOfficeManager, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Czufam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Comfort Suites Perrysburg. I am happy you chose to stay with us. By your description of the room, my guess would be that you stayed in a standard king room, or perhaps and handicap accesible king room, which would explain that extra amount of space, that didn't seem to fit.

Perhaps on your next visit, you will consider enjoying one of the luxorious king suites, which are designed to be spacious, and practical, providing you much more comfort. I am positive you will be more comfortable.

Thanks again for staying with us, and giving us your feedback. We really do hope to see you again.