“Convenient location, good for a group”

Tea Tree Asian Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“Convenient location, good for a group”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Dinner while visiting family over holidays. Location was the key, had been once before and meal was fine. Nice to accomodate chinese eaters and sushi eaters in one restaurant. Eel and bibimbop were adequate. Twice cooked pork was true highlight, as were soups (especially hot and sour) and sizzling seafood dish. Dumplings pretty good. Quality beer on draft and drinks decently priced. VERY expensive overall for what we ate, but maybe we pay for convenience. Would return, but will think carefully about what we all order. Reservations accepted which is good for a group.

• Visited December 2013

Durham, North Carolina
“Good, but not great Asian food in Perrysburg, OH”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I've been to Tea Tree twice and it is a good restaurant for Asian food. The Pad Thai is very nice.

The place has a nice ambiance, and the service people are very pleasant. But, the food is good, but not excellent; the service very nice, but not overly fast. I guess for the prices that you pay here, I would expect a bit more pizzazz and polish.

As I am not from the local area, I don't know if there are much better options for Asian fusion kind of foods, but if so, then it would be good to sample others.

In summary, this is not a "go to" place that I would go out of my way to visit.

• Visited November 2013
Sylvania, Ohio
“Bad fish”
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I ordered takeout sushi from here. Chirashi to be precise. I asked for no Mackerel. It was lunch time and the website menu has no prices - I thought it would be about $16 for a lunch sized order. I was SHOCKED at the $27 price tag. But I thought, ok, it must be really good fish if they can charge this much. The smell from the box when I opened should have been the only clue I needed to confirm my thoughts of just tossing it. Oh no, I foolishly took a bite of the worst sushi ever. It was funky - like old and possibly thawed days ago funky. And there was mackerel. This is a one star operation. They should have never served that fish.

• Visited November 2013
Perrysburg, Ohio, United States
“I wish I could like it!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Beautiful restaurant... nice menu... convenient location... wish I could like it. Have visited 6 times (I REALLY do want to like this place!). The sushi is ok, not the best ever. The food ranges from 'eh' to 'not so good'. The service has been non-existent to excellent. For the price range, they should be consistently good in both areas and they are not.

• Visited September 2013
Canterbury
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Asian Cuisine”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

A very varied choice of dishes served by very pleasant staff who were helpful and attentive. The Tempura was as good as I have sampled anywhere. One tip only have one dish per person the servings are extremely generous and you will need to take a box home with you. Beautiful decor makes for a great place to eat or celebrate a special event.

Visited August 2013