“Great gathering place for the whole family!”

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
“Great gathering place for the whole family!”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Stayed at the French Quarter over Easter weekend for a family gathering. We had 14 people in 5 rooms for 3 nights. With ranges in age from 2 to 68 everyone had a great time! Rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, everything in working order. All staff that I interacted with were extremely helpful and pleasant. The facilities have been updated since our last stay and the new large hot tub in the family pool area was great! There was always lots of activity in the recreation area and it made it a really fun place to hang out. Kids could play ping pong, billiards, foosball, etc, while the adults played cards or just visited and drank. They couldn't seem to keep the pool area stocked with towels, maybe because it was so busy this particular weekend, but more than once we got done swimming with little ones only to find no towels. Once we asked they eventually brought more, but 3 days of this got old. Our group planned to eat at the hotels resaurant for the seafood buffet but when we found out it was $25 per person we decided that was too much. Luckily there were lots of other places within walking distance. Also it was a short drive (under 20 minutes) to the Toledo Zoo.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Holland, Ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2011

This French Quarter was such a great time for our family. The holidome area has a heated pool and oversized whirlpool that were not even being used. My 3 and 5 year old loved having the pool all to themselves. The pool water was warm enough that I was even able to join them in the water without misery. I am quite a wimp when it comes to cold water. The kids thought the pool was awesome because you could swim underneath a flap and go outside. It was snowing outside and the pool water outside was still warm. The hot tub was just amazing. I could have spent hours sitting in there if the kids hadn't wanted to go get some ice cream from the vending machine.

As for the rooms, they were clean and seemed to be newly remodeled. For me, the most important part was the clean and new bathrooms. The hotel allows you to choose which type of pillow you desire so that was helpful. I can't sleep on a pillow that is too firm. I must say I slep like a baby. Had a wakeup call in the morning and they apparently call you 3 times every few minutes just to be sure you are awake. I appreciate that as I sometimes have a tendency to fall back asleep. I did not eat at the restaurant but did order roomservice once while there. It came very quickly and was quite delicious. We ordered pizza from the neighboring restaurant and had it delivered to our room. This was such a hit for the girls. We sat out on our tables that overlooked the holidome and had our own little pizza party.

Every staff member that I encountered was pleasant. I had no complaints with our stay and I am certainly going to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank RelaxationNeeded
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Spent a Sat. night here... enjoyed the restaurant for dinner (try 'Betty's salad dressing' at the salad bar!) then Sunday brunch. Sunday brunch is reasonably priced and you can choose between breakfast or entrees like prime rib... great desserts and also a chocolate fountain! Families seemed to be enjoying the holidome area, while Sat. night the adult inside-outside pool was in good use... It's a big place, 299 rooms I think, not like the trendy bright hotels but more of a comfortable feel. If trendy is for you then stay in a metropolitan area, if you like good value for your dollar and a resort-feel middle American type of place, stay here :)

• Stayed January 2011
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 28 November 2010

Bad, rude, disgruntled and seem to be bothering them.....the front desk staff was annoyed when i arrived and it was very aware to me that i was a bother to have to interupt their oh so important conversations!! blah blah blah!!! it is called customer service....but i could have checked myself in by the time they decided to acknowledge my appearance.
Horrible food in restaurant .........beyond horrible..........only good thing was salad bar which also needs more work..did have a great waiter Greg who helped to save the nite and we thoroughly loved his service.....thank you Greg you should be running the entire property in our eyes!!!

Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank roadrunner1103

Travellers are raving about these Perrysburg hotels

Milford, MI
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I believe this hotel should be rated somewhere between very good (4 stars) and average (3 stars).

The very good parts included: the nice staff (especially the woman who was a the front desk very early in the morning); the French Quarter reminiscent decor in the lobby, atriums, and pool areas; the cleanliness; and the activities available (games, pools, etc.). The average part of the rating primarily relates to the rooms. We were able to see rooms on the second floor and on the first floor, in the 1300 and 1400 section, and overall they were clean with some expected wear and tear (i.e., carpets, furniture) but some were quite small and did not have a few items most average hotels currently include: a small microwave or refrigerator. Note, there are a lot of rooms in this hotel so perhaps the others are more modern, spacious, and include these items.

Two things to mention: one, the room we were initially given on the 1st floor / 1300 section - off of the French Quarter Holidome - was non-smoking but someone had recently smoked in it (unfortunate and not the hotel's fault - they gladly switched us to another). Two, that same section includes a large indoor pool, the 'family pool', and that whole area smelled extremely strong of chlorine, even in the room. This is nothing I'd ever mention in a review as pools require chlorine, but this was exceptionally strong and did not seem normal (our travelling partner who we met there has been to over 31 countries said he never smelled a hotel pool that was that strong, which confirmed our thoughts). We both agreed that there was no way we could ever tolerate a room off of that area if that level of odor is the norm and thought it would be worth mentioning for anyone who may have allergies / be sensitive to strong chemical odors. And again, perhaps that was a one time thing, but there is no way it was normal. We ended up in a room on the 1st floor in another section and thankfully did not smell the pool.

We were not able to try the restaurant or pub but did check out the included breakfast. It was basic and included coffee, yogurt, fruit, cereals, granola, breads, etc.. There was a nice staff member there to ensure everything was clean and stocked and she even offered us coffee as soon as we came in the room.

The wireless internet service was fine, the hotel was quiet during our stay, and overall we did not experience any major issues.

• Stayed November 2010
Escondido, California
Reviewed 16 November 2010

As soon as I walked in I knew this was going to be a disaster. The guy at the front desk acted like it was inconvenient that I was checking in at 8pm. He had to turn on the computer and printer. I booked a room with a "hot tub". Which was a joke. it was a small tub with "jets". I'm only 5'7" and 130 lbs and I didn't fit. The bed was uncomfortable, I was supposed to get a pillow menu, I didn't. At 11pm on a Friday none of the "bars" in the hotel were open. There was a ton of crap on the bottom of the "adult" pool. Kids were running around screaming after midnight, and started again at 6am. In the morning I tried to print from their computers i the "business center" (2 computers older than I am in the lobby). The printer was broken and I went to the desk for help. The woman said she'd go get help. 15 mins later she still wasn't back so I left and went to a Kinko's. I've stayed at a lot nicer hotels with WAY better staff for a lot less money...in LA. Way too much for a crap hotel with bad staff in middle of nowhere Ohio.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank staceysharp
Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We chose this hotel because of the pool area for the kids and were very happy with it. The pools were great and the recreation area also had an arcade, foosball table, pool tables, ping pong tables, etc. There was a large seating area in the middle where you could watch your children play, visit with family, etc. One of my complaints about hotels is often there is nowhere to just "BE" - a place to get together with others, etc. This hotel was superior in this area. The other thing that was great was the service. Every single person we encountered was helpful and very customer service oriented, friendly, etc. This means everyone - from the staff at check in, to the person working in the gift shop, to the kid I asked for extra towels in the pool area. The rooms were just okay - nothing special, but we really didn't spend much time in there. The only thing that was really a problem was that the wireless internet service really didn't work - the connection was very poor. However, I didn't need to use it too much and the hotel had a couple computeres set up with internet so I just used those a couple times. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family