“A hidden gem”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Austin, Texas
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 17 October 2011

So I was looking for a nice place to stay in the Toledo area. I went through a whole bunch of options but all of them were rated fair to middling on TripAdvisor, so instead I went the route of asking friends who lived in the area. They recommended this hotel, and they did not steer me wrong. It was clean, well-maintained, and the in-room hot tub was, well, great. It's close to a lot of amenities including supermarkets, and it's in a reasonably good area too. I'm usually really picky about hotels, and other than the fact that large parts of it are oriented towards families (most of those features are useless to me as a solo traveller) I could find nothing whatsoever to fault. Well, except for the drunk women running through the hall screaming at 2 AM, but can hardly blame them for that.

Room Tip: Get the room with the hot tub. It was $10 more for me and was very much worth it. Also this hotel...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank duskglow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helped us with anything we needed. The hotel was packed and had a few parties booked at it. We did have some noise issues due to a wedding party but it was resolved very fast. Room was very clean as was the grounds of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Been stopping here for years. Rooms are just average to small but overall facility is very nice. Two separate indoor/outdoor (swim under glass) pools- one reserved only for adults. Large indoor hot tub and another small outdoor pool gives plenty of options. Family indoor/outdoor pool tended to be VERY noisy with water basketball hoops and flying balls. Kids had a ball but hard to sit poolside and "read a book" there. Attendants were vigilant. Ping pong tables, pool tables, and a somewhat run down game room added to the excitement in the New Oleans looking holidome. Separate holidome area near adult pool was more conducive to families playing cards or board games. If travelling with a group, this place is ideal to spread out and socialize.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ttoo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We used to live in the greater Toledo area, and returned to Perrysburg for a graduation ceremony. We had about 15 family members staying in the hotel, and they obliged us by putting us all in the same hallway. The front desk staff were always very helpful, even at 1am when our room key cards suddenly stopped working (apparently they're very sensitive to cell phones, credit cards, and car keys, so keep them in a separate pocket!). My room was very spacious, with a King bed and a sleeper sofa. Our bathroom was a little cramped, though. This hotel features a "Holidome", which is something you pretty much have to experience to fully understand. It's basically a big room with an indoor/outdoor pool (with 4-sided basketball goal in the middle), a large hot tub, and a gaming area with pool and ping-pong tables. It's a GREAT place for kids, and there's plenty of room around the pool for adults to sit and supervise without having to get in the pool. There are 2 other pools here, too - a fully outdoor one, and an adults-only indoor/outdoor in the lobby area. The lobby area itself is spacious, and a great place to meet people or just to gather and socialize. On Sundays, they do a brunch buffet in the lobby area, and it's delicious, even if it is a bit pricey ($14.99 + drink when there's a Panera across the street for much less). The hotel is also centrally located to many stores on Route 20 - Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Kohl's, Office Max, and several grocery stores come to mind off the top of my head. Also, there are several options for dining in this area, though you might want to go down to the Levis Commons area or up to Toledo for more 'fine' dining options. J Patrick's, the restaurant in the hotel, was very accommodating to us when we requested to have a party for a large group, and we all enjoyed our food there. Overall, though, this was the perfect place for our family to gather and celebrate.

Room Tip: Ask to NOT be in the Holidome, as it's loud and open til 11pm
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank denisenavidad
Niles,Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This hotel is just a really great place to stay and attend seminars. The lunches are always soooo good. The most comfortable beds and pillows. Everyone is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Hi all,

Stayed four days at the Holiday Inn -French Quarter, in Perrysburg Ohio for the USJF/USJA Judo junior Nationals. The hotel in a Holidome. It had two indoor pools and one outdoor pool. The two indoor pools also went partially outside, you swam under a wall to get out. One pool was dedicated to adults, the other to children. The childrens pool was good sized with a fountain/basketball game in the center of the pool. The kids area also had a courtyard with tables for dining, and two ping pong tables. Both pool areas were very nice and the staff worked hard at keeping them clean.

The adult pool area was in a large area and the pool is good sized.The was also a dining area and bar (although I was there for four days, the pool bar did not open).

The food at the hotel was ok. There was a seafood buffet one night but most of the food was overcooked and not worth the $24. There is a Sunday Buffet Brunch which was ok.

Our group had no vehicle and we depended on advertised hotel shuttle to pick us up and get us back to the airport. We called ahead and the shuttle was there to meet us. The driver was friendly and we got to the hotel quickly.

We had an early flight back and needed to be at the airport around 6am. I spoke with a desk clerk and was told the shuttle would not start running until 7am and was given a phone number for a local taxi. I later spoke with a manager who put me in touch with another employee who said they would drive me. They did not request to be paid but did hint they would appreciate a tip.

On the morning we needed to leave, we were told that the shuttle had broken. There did not appear to a any accomdations made for the people leaving. The employeed I spoke with earlier took me and my group to the airport in his personal car (I did tip him well). I later found out that the manager did call and schedule a replacement van but did not check if it had arrived. The company forgot to deliver it.

The rooms were clean and the maid service efficient. There was WiFi and it worked well.

I would only stay there again if I had my own vehicle and there were lots of kids in my group.

Gordon Makimoto

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Perrysburg hotels

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We attended this location after visiting there a couple of years ago. There were two reasons why we re-attended - the indoor/outdoor pool and a woman by the name of CHRIS who works in the restaurant. We were so happy to see that both were still there when we visited this time. After a day at the pool we went to the hotel Restaurant and saw that the lady that served us two years ago (CHRIS) was still working there.

Once again we were treated like royalty by Chris and once again she made our trip complete. We were not planning on eating at the hotel the second night, but due to the service we recieved by Chris, we attended the second night for the seafood buffet (on her suggestion) The buffet was great (a little over priced, i must say) but good none the less. The Crab legs and shrimp were fantastic and the Cat Fish was purrrrrfect.

Anyway enough about the food. The real reason that i am writing is to give a great thanks to Chris. I am not sure if hotel management at this location look at the reviews, but i am hoping that you do. The hotel is extremely lucky to have someone like Chris working for them. She is a true gem and is the reason we will re-attend. My family has been blessed to meet Chris on two seperate occassions and look forward to many more. I would advise anyone reading this to seek out Chris on your visit and I am sure she will leave the same impression on you and your family. She is just a wonderful person. If you do seek her out, say hi from Canada for us.

Room Tip: Seek out Chris in the restaurant
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family