“Nice Getaway”

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Over the 4th of July weekend we wanted a quick getaway as we had no plans. Being from Michigan we did not want to go north on 75 for one night and deal with all the traffic. Thinking south and wanting to try out the Hollywood Casino we booked a room at the Holiday Inn French Quarter in Perrysburg. The lobby was beautiful and at check in we were given a discount because my husband had a veteran's card which was unexpected because we had received a reduced rate going through the Hollywood Casino site to partnering hotels. We were also given a bag of assorted snacks because I had signed up for their rewards program when we booked the room. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel had three pools, two inside/outside, (one for kids which also had a hot tub and dry sauna), and one outdoor pool. There was a restaurant and bar and staff was friendly although we did not eat there, just stopped in for a drink. For a few dollars more, we stayed on a concierge floor and enjoyed a free happy hour and snacks in the club room which also had a TV & pool table. This is also where we had an adequate free breakfast in the morning, making it well worth the few extra dollars. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Families should stay by the kids pool where they have 2 levels of rooms with a balcony facing the po...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sylviaisenhour
brenda f, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to serve you again when you're in our area. Warm regards, Brenda Fey, GM

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter

Reviewed 24 July 2013

First what was good about this hotel, its was an acceptable hotel, when there weren't any other to choose from and the staff we easy to work with and pleasant.
What we didn't like about this hotel...
* non-smoking room smelled of smoke, especially the mattress
* its a loud party hotel
* the hotel property is poorly maintained

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbrudy
brenda f, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter. I am truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I would love to speak with you personally to get a little more information and look for a way to restore your confidence in us. Please email me at Brenda_Fey@hifq.com at your convenience. We will certainly be working on the corrections needed to make sure your next stay is perfect. Thanks again, Brenda Fey, GM

Reviewed 9 July 2013

As the Ohio Third District Secretary and local Post Secretary to the Ladies Auxiliary of the VFW, I attended our Department (State) Convention. When I heard that it would be held in Perrysburg, my knee-jerk reaction was...What? Where? A Holiday Inn? Seriously? I will remove my dunce cap an apologize immediately!

We arrived in the early evening. After settling in to a spacious, comfortable room, we wandered into the hotel's restaurant - J. Patrick's. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. Soft lighting, enjoyable music set the stage, so to speak, as our waiter, Greg greeted us. He definitely made the meal fun and informative. Greg is intelligent, versatile, a pleasure. He discussed Broadway shows, music, books as well as the cuisine. I heard him discussing sports, local attractions with the patrons at a booth behind us. He recommended a fine wine to drink with my meal. Portions were generous and presentation pleasing. I had 'J Patrick's Chicken" which was absolutely delicious. My companion ordered "Tenderloin Alfredo" which he enjoyed so much that he practically licked the plate. Greg had suggested the Salad Bar. There was something there for EVERYONE, to be sure. Later, the Pistachio Pudding made me wish that my purse had been lined with Tupperware to take some home! I would return to J.Patrick's for dinner to try other tempting choices and to visit with Greg.

Behind the huge, well appointed lobby, we found "The French Quarter". Within the walls of the hotel, we stepped onto Bourbon Street. A huge area held an indoor pool, tiki snack bar with an enormous Jester perched atop, putting green, ping pong tables, pool tables, a virtual playground. Giving the feeling of being outdoors during Mardi Gras, decorative (yet functional) railings and stairs led to second floor rooms which had their own mini-patios with tables and chairs. If one did not particularly want to revel with the other guests, one could observe - "people watch" - from one's own "space"!

The staff was accommodating, cheerful, pleasant. Interestingly enough, I found the staff extremely respectful. For instance, if "God Bless America", or Lee Greenwood's song, 'Proud to be an American" is played either by a band, DJ, however, members of our organization, stand, hold hands and sing along. We did, after our meetings employ two DJ's. The staff, stopped in their collective tracks, some sang, placed their hands on their hearts.

There was an inviting outdoor pool with plenty of lounges and tables available to relax and enjoy the "get away" and decompress. The pools had basket ball nets for water play if a swimmer was so inclined. Personally, I'm all about the Jacuzzi...which some rooms do have!

The entire facility was well-maintained, clean to sparkling!

I believe that the Holiday Inn - French Quarter in Perrysburg, Ohio would be a wonderful "stay-cation" for Ohioans in the Toledo area. Families could find plenty to do there as a change of scenery away from home. Couples will enjoy the amenities for a relaxing, intimate weekend. The hotel lends itself to family reunions...what better way to get together in an affordable, "something for everyone" destination? I live in Southwest Ohio (Kettering) and I would most certainly return to the Big Easy in Perrysburg...Oh Yeah!

Room Tip: You might request a room facing the indoor facility that I described. However, in my experience, th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LauraMacy
brenda f, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thanks for the fun review! We totally enjoyed hosting your convention and look forward to hosting again very soon. Your group is a joy; we thank you for your great service to our nation and our honored to be of service to you :) Sincerely, Brenda Fey, GM

Reviewed 7 July 2013

we've stayed here over the years at least 5 times while in town visiting family and every time we've stayed here its always been great. the rooms are always clean and everything in good working order. the only thing that bothered me was that fact the bathroom didn't have a fan in it, so you had to leave the door open or the mirror would get all steamed up. but other then that little thing and one of the lamps not working(my mom went to turn it on and the light bulb went out) everything else was great in the room. here's a tip if your not traveling with young kids who may wanna use the pool, ask for a room on the back of the building. cause it gets really loud in the indoor pool atrium area, also if your gonna go to the Sunday brunch they offer skip the desserts everything else is really yummy, but the desserts were not worth the price of the brunch buffet.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the fair back away from the kids pool area or its really loud
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the nice review! We appreciate you being such a loyal guest. If you have specific areas of the hotel you prefer, depending on who you are traveling with, just let us know and we'll be sure to get you in the right place. You can always email me directly for reservations at brenda_fey@hifq.com too. Thanks again - we appreciate loyal guests like you very much! brenda Fey, GM

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I travel quite a bit and have a profile created that identifies three things: Away from elevator, non-smoking room, and not on the first floor. They managed the first two requests but booked my on the first floor despite not being sold out.
The room itself gave the impression of not being clean. The air conditioning unit had dust built up and ran all the time despite the temperature setting -- and it was Loud. The carpet had a spill of some unknown substance. What really turned me off was when I found one of my newly replaced "clean" towels with a Huge black smudge on right on the front of it. When I took it to the desk, I was not even asked which room that I was in which was curious (i.e. no follow up.)
The salad bar had limp lettuce and cukes. Breakfast however was decent including steel cut oats.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
brenda f, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thanks so much for your post. I appreciate the feedback and will definitely address the towel issue. Would you kindly email me your name or room number and date of stay so I can follow up with the correct people? You can email me at brenda_fey@hifq.com. Thanks for staying with us and giving us the opportunity to make the needed corrections. Sincerely, Brenda Fey, GM

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Room was ok, was near the pool on a Friday. Noisy as hell till 11 pm from the million screaming kids playing at the pool. Then dead silence as everybody gets shutdown at 11, so that was ok, we got in late anyway. No fridge in the room, sucked. Internet was medium speed. Good basic room. We stayed twice, on two non-consecutive occasions. They have a couple of pools, including an indoor/outdoor one, and a bunch of table games, so I imagine it would be a good place to bring kids. Did I mention the 10000 screaming kids that were there till 11? Maybe not the best place to stay if you want an early bedtime :D There's also a bar in the main foyer, but it was closed both times we got there (at 11 pm on a Friday... weird. woulda liked a nightcap. there was a wedding reception in the conference room I would have crashed to see if we could beg some free drinks for a laugh, but my wife would have none of it). Anyway, pretty basic room, wasn't expensive, nothing fancy. Reasonable value.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep before 11 pm, get a room that doesn't look out on the pools.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Good Afternoon. Thank you for posting your feedback from your recent stay. Yes, we are a very lively place on the weekend! Glad to know that our 11pm quiet time was honored. As for the bar, we have a small bar in the Atrium area which closes early, and we have a large bar with live entertainment in the main lobby, just across from the front desk. We have live entertainment every Friday and Saturday night, so please come back and give it a try! Our staff should have told you about the entertainment when you arrived - I'm sorry we missed telling you. Thank you again for posting; we value your feedback and appreciate that you stayed with us. Please come again.
Sincerely, Brenda Fey, GM

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Stayed one night at this Holiday Inn. Was really surprised at all the facilities they had for kids. The nice thing was our group of 4 adults, had a great time time too. Our rooms were quiet and away from the play areas.
The only really minor issue was breakfast was just so so. The scramble eggs were quite dry, otherwise everything else was good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
brenda f, General Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thanks so much for the great review! We appreciate it very much. Please call us directly or email me at brenda_fey@hifq.com when you're ready to return. We'll make sure to pick the perfect location for your girls getaway. Thanks again, Brenda Fey, GM