“Not even close to worth the money!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Escondido, California
“Not even close to worth the money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

As soon as I walked in I knew this was going to be a disaster. The guy at the front desk acted like it was inconvenient that I was checking in at 8pm. He had to turn on the computer and printer. I booked a room with a "hot tub". Which was a joke. it was a small tub with "jets". I'm only 5'7" and 130 lbs and I didn't fit. The bed was uncomfortable, I was supposed to get a pillow menu, I didn't. At 11pm on a Friday none of the "bars" in the hotel were open. There was a ton of crap on the bottom of the "adult" pool. Kids were running around screaming after midnight, and started again at 6am. In the morning I tried to print from their computers i the "business center" (2 computers older than I am in the lobby). The printer was broken and I went to the desk for help. The woman said she'd go get help. 15 mins later she still wasn't back so I left and went to a Kinko's. I've stayed at a lot nicer hotels with WAY better staff for a lot less money...in LA. Way too much for a crap hotel with bad staff in middle of nowhere Ohio.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank staceysharp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

We chose this hotel because of the pool area for the kids and were very happy with it. The pools were great and the recreation area also had an arcade, foosball table, pool tables, ping pong tables, etc. There was a large seating area in the middle where you could watch your children play, visit with family, etc. One of my complaints about hotels is often there is nowhere to just "BE" - a place to get together with others, etc. This hotel was superior in this area. The other thing that was great was the service. Every single person we encountered was helpful and very customer service oriented, friendly, etc. This means everyone - from the staff at check in, to the person working in the gift shop, to the kid I asked for extra towels in the pool area. The rooms were just okay - nothing special, but we really didn't spend much time in there. The only thing that was really a problem was that the wireless internet service really didn't work - the connection was very poor. However, I didn't need to use it too much and the hotel had a couple computeres set up with internet so I just used those a couple times. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

This Holiday Inn had the Holidome feature, done in a mock New Orleans style which was vaguely cute. There was a very large whirlpool, kids pool and two other pools, all were clean and nice. There is a sauna and minimal workout room. A few places to eat are unusual for a Holiday Inn and my room away from the pool on the executive floor was quiet and clean, up to standard for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
McComb, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

Our service club recently hosted their district convention at the Perrysburg French Quarter and overall it was a positive experience. Staff went out of the way to assist us with our needs.

Rooms were nice, what little time we spent there. The internet was fast and accessible throughout the facility. The only negative we found is having convention meals in the atrium area. With the high ceilings, and other guests in the area, it was difficult to hear any speakers during the meeting.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
michiganmomma18
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2010

Where do I even begin.We have 2 small children and it is February and were not willing to have to walk them outside during winter in there bathing suits to go swimming at the indoor pool. I asked the girl 2 different times to make sure the room she was giving us had an inside entrance. We get to our room - yup - outside only entrance. They were nice and got us a room inside. Boy, do I regret that one today. First of all, it being a holidome you'd think it was family friendly. There were drunk people every where. Drinking in the pool, the hot tub, and outside our room. Which, whatever, that was fine, until we were trying to go to bed. The walls are paper thin here. You could here the entire conversation the room next to us was having. There was 20 people outside our room playing drinking games. Finally, I had to call and complain at midnight because I have a one year old who still wasn't sleeping. None of the change machines worked. The bed, hard as a rock. 2 am there were still drunk people roaming the halls yelling crap. I get home, there was an extra $25 on my bill that I didn't realize so I called and they explained it to me - so I decided to tell the girl about my stay in as nice of a way as possible - totally rude and she could not have cared less. So if you are looking to have a party - stay here! If you are looking for a kid friendly weekend - go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank michiganmomma18
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this review, 3 March 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your stay failed to meet your expectations and that when you called to let us know, we failed you once again. Please give our General Manager, Brenda Fey, a call at 419-874-3111. She would like to hear further details about your stay. I am sorry again about your stay and I hope that you will give us another try.

Travellers are raving about these Perrysburg hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

What an unexpectedly wonderful experience! There is really something for everyone at this hotel. It's practically a mini-resort, New Orleans design was very unique. There's plenty for kids and adults alike to do. The Sunday Brunch is amazing, and for guests of the hotel, kids eat free! We'll be back soon!!!

Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Defiance, OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

I went to The French Quarter with my significant other on Febuary 5th, 2010. We went for his birthday, so I got us the King suite with jacuzzi tub. We decided upon arrival that we wanted to jump right in to the bath before getting ready for dinner. My boyfriend ran the bath and turns the jets on. When he did this large amounts of candle wax and pubic hairs came out of the jets. We were so disgusted, we called the front desk and they moved us from that room to another on the same floor. When we got into that room again we went to run a bath, when we went to look at it there was blood and some type of yellow residue on the tub. We cleaned it off on a white wash cloth and took it to the front desk. At that point the gentleman working was very disgusted as well, and again then changed our room from the third floor to the second floor, taking some money off our bill. We asked to have the tub cleaned before going into that room. When we got in their was a man cleaning the tub and asked us why our other room wasn't good enough. He was the same man that brought us a key the first time we moved rooms. We told him what happened and he promised this room would be clean. The tub was cleaned this time, so we relaxed in the bath, got ready and went to dinner. At dinner we we drank a few drinks, having fun we wanted to go back up to our room and go to bed. When my boyfriend removed the sham at the end of the bed their was what looked like poop streaks on the bed. I didn't know what to do at this point. We had already been drinking and couldn't just leave (although at that point I packed all of my things telling him it's time to go). Neither of us were sober, and the roads were getting bad. So we pulled all the blankets off and layed down. I felt very uncomfortable and unsanitary in the room. I told the front desk in the morening about it and they gave us breakfast, which we didn't even want. I had heard that this hotel was awesome, but from our experience we've found it not be so pleasurable. We will never be returning, and very disappointed in what we saw and the customer service.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jesslyne
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the stay failed to meet your expectations and I know that the General Manager has contacted you to further discuss the details. Once again thank you for taking the time to let us know about your problems so that we can correct them. It is through guests like yourself who take the time to contact us that we are able to fix any problems we have. We hope that you will give us another try.