It's not good when the problems start with the reservation made the week before. I made an online reservation with BW online, and from the other reviews I decided to ask for a room not on the first floor. I chose to make the online reservation because I would get a good price deal for our stay. The one stipulation of the deal was that my card would be charged immediately, no cancellations. No problem. We get to the hotel around 6:00p and when my husband went in to show the woman the print out of our reservation, she said your card had been declined. My husband repeatedly told her it was paid in advance. He finally gave up. Two problems with that check in. One is the reservation was made and paid for online. Secondly, and to me a fireable offense, she tried to run our card before we even got there. As a side note we had closed that account just before we left on vacation. Situation later resolved.
When we go to our room it was on the first floor and the first room you pass as you leave the lobby. Obviously she never saw the reservation or the note for an above ground room. In fact it had to be the worse room location in the hotel.
Minutes into our stay, shortly after unloading the luggage, the long fluorescent light bulb blew out in the bathroom. My husband went to the desk and a different woman came to fix it. Because she was too short my husband had to help her.
When we checked out in the morning, we explained to Holly the confusion of the check in. She apologized and said that the card that was put on file the evening before would be charged. Potentially giving us two charges for the same stay. She directed us to call BW office later. Holly and the gentleman standing next to her did not seem surprised by the person who made the mistake. I got the impression she has fouled up in the past.
I was between this hotel and the Comfort Inn across the street, but because the CI reviews complained about access to the hotel, I decided to choose BW. Well, I gotta tell ya, access was fine to BW if you could even find the entrance. At least with CI you saw how to get in. BW was poorly marked and without the GPS we probably would have been driving around a while.
My husband would have given this hotel a one, he was not at all happy. I gave it a three only because it was clean and I liked the larger room with two tv's. That is nice when you have kids. The breakfast was ok. Minimal. Next time though I will stay across the street at Comfort Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Brand's top quality award, this spacious and tranquil all suites property is minutes from downtown, OSU, Ohio Fairgrounds, and numerous restaurants. Convenient access to The American Motorcycle Association Museum, the Americana Parkway Business Center and the World Harvest Church. Rest, relax and rejuvenate as you take in the tranquil surroundings, with pond and stream nearby.Conveniently located off of central Ohio's Interstate 70, in a Columbus area suburb, the BEST WESTERN Executive Suites-Columbus East provides all-suite accommodations and full service amenities at an unbeatable value. This Pickerington hotel features spacious, well-appointed suites with separate living area, each fully-equipped with cable satellite television with HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to start each day with a complimentary full hot breakfast and wrap the day up with warm fresh cookies in the evening. Guests also can take full advantage of additional hotel amenities including an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness facility, guest laundry, a full service business center and meeting space. Free passes to the Power Shack Gym. Visitors staying at this Best Western will find themselves close to a variety of local restaurants and shops as well as key area attractions such as the Rickenbacker Air Force Base and the Short North Arts District. Take a quick day trip into nearby Columbus to visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium or enjoy an afternoon game of golf at one of the many courses within five miles of the hotel. Corporate travelers staying at the hotel will appreciate being close to the Ohio State University, Department of Commerce, and the Columbus Convention Ctr. This hotel also provides convenient access to local events such as MOPAR, the Ohio State Fair, the Arnold Classic and the Good Guys PPG. The friendly, helpful staff at this PLUS property is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay. Make a reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Pickerington
- Pickerington Best Western