“Husband would have rated this a one.”

Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Pickerington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's not good when the problems start with the reservation made the week before. I made an online reservation with BW online, and from the other reviews I decided to ask for a room not on the first floor. I chose to make the online reservation because I would get a good price deal for our stay. The one stipulation of the deal was that my card would be charged immediately, no cancellations. No problem. We get to the hotel around 6:00p and when my husband went in to show the woman the print out of our reservation, she said your card had been declined. My husband repeatedly told her it was paid in advance. He finally gave up. Two problems with that check in. One is the reservation was made and paid for online. Secondly, and to me a fireable offense, she tried to run our card before we even got there. As a side note we had closed that account just before we left on vacation. Situation later resolved.
When we go to our room it was on the first floor and the first room you pass as you leave the lobby. Obviously she never saw the reservation or the note for an above ground room. In fact it had to be the worse room location in the hotel.
Minutes into our stay, shortly after unloading the luggage, the long fluorescent light bulb blew out in the bathroom. My husband went to the desk and a different woman came to fix it. Because she was too short my husband had to help her.
When we checked out in the morning, we explained to Holly the confusion of the check in. She apologized and said that the card that was put on file the evening before would be charged. Potentially giving us two charges for the same stay. She directed us to call BW office later. Holly and the gentleman standing next to her did not seem surprised by the person who made the mistake. I got the impression she has fouled up in the past.
I was between this hotel and the Comfort Inn across the street, but because the CI reviews complained about access to the hotel, I decided to choose BW. Well, I gotta tell ya, access was fine to BW if you could even find the entrance. At least with CI you saw how to get in. BW was poorly marked and without the GPS we probably would have been driving around a while.
My husband would have given this hotel a one, he was not at all happy. I gave it a three only because it was clean and I liked the larger room with two tv's. That is nice when you have kids. The breakfast was ok. Minimal. Next time though I will stay across the street at Comfort Inn.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Best priced Best Western in the area. Will definitely stay here again if I need to be in the area. Large, comfortable room. Good breakfast. I would recommend it. What more can I say? It won't let me post unless I ramble on--it was a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Friendly staff, good breakfast, great location, clean; could use a little upgrading. Hope, the front desk clerk on our arrival, was outstanding. Room and bed comfortable. Would recommend to friends and family. Would like to see a better selection of low calorie/low sugar breakfast items, like sugar free/fat free yogurt.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was the second time we've stayed at this location for a family get together. The suites are spacious with plenty of counter space, including a microwave and small refrigerator. The only downside was that the lighting in our room was a little dim. Hotel and rooms were quiet. Rented a meeting room which was the perfect size for about 20 family members to congregate in to play games, snack and socialize.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Victoria D
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The cleanliness, size of the room, and amenities are comparable to any chain that you would pay $20-30 more for. This wasn't my first choice, but after my stay I will definitely look for Best Westerns again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Visit Date: 5/14/2014, Room 211.This was a last minute stay, In booked the room where on the road. I called asking for a room for 5 people (2 adults & 3 children). Was told the King Room, has a pull out sofa. I was fine with that since our youngest, still sleeps with us. I was put on Hold for 5 mins, for the clerk to look this up. We got there checked in found out the room did not have a pull out Sofa, was told they could bring up a roll up bed, for a charge of $15.00. When checking out we spoke to a guy that said he was the manager, and was told I was wrong, his clerk would never say that and would not put me on hold for that long, should call on cell phone and he didn't want to look at the timer. The staff also allowed smoking right in front of the main entrance, so we had to smell smoke, mgr said he couldn't do anything about the smoking. The bathroom are very small, my husband is 6 feet 4 inches, he had to bend down to use the shower, and also had to bend down to look in the mirror.. The shower itself was a very tight fit, my 10 year old son, kept turning it off when he turned around to raise his body off. The floors are so thin you could hear the people above us walking around. Went down to check out their breakfast, we out in hallway, and could hear 2 people having a very loud conversation at the front desk (2 employees).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was in town for a wedding and this was the host hotel. It needs some updating but it was very clean. Beds were comfortable and the extra living space was nice when my family stop by the room to visit. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pickerington
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
#1 of 3 in Pickerington
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Pickerington
Best Western Canal Winchester Inn - Columbus South East
Best Western Canal Winchester In...
#1 of 1 in Canal Winchester
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus East
Comfort Suites East
Comfort Suites East
#97 of 145 in Columbus

Been to Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East? Share your experiences!