“Run Far Far Away!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Piqua
Huber Heights, Ohio
“Run Far Far Away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel was the most horrible excuse for a hotel I have ever seen, horrible business practices, terrible service , and the rooms would have been cleaner, if I were in the mix of the great depression meets the dust bowl meets the bubonic plague era. Over charged what priceline quoted me at, tax on the rooms were 13.75% plus 3% city tax and then tried to say they had the best house keepers. Ha ha ha!! The sheets were filthy, the walls were full of holes and the curtains were falling off the Windows. There was one hole that almost made me cry, it was filled with toilet paper and covered over with duct tape. The manager's the husband and wife team, would not discuss anything about overcharging and then offered to refund $50.00 because they couldn't figure out their own math! Then when we notified Priceline.com they tried to get our money refunded to no avail...as of now, priceline is working on our money back and then the managers wanted to yell at us and tell us we were no longer allowed on the property. Ha! Told us we couldn't stay at their hotel ever again and yelled at my mother needless to say I was not a happy man! The female manager yelled at everyone listed in our reservations. She also tried to keep my receipts and my credit card. Bad bad bad place don't stay here, I would rather stay at the local landfill, because that would be cleaner with less germs and bacteria. Oh and let's not forget the roaches in the bed and the Windows, the sheets were yellow and the lamp plug in was held together with two wire nuts. Can you say electrical hazard??!! Sleep in your car it's cleaner!!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mossywhitetail

Families
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I-75 south was shut down due to flooding and needed a close place to stay. They didn't double their prices to take advantage of stranded travelers like some and offered smoking rooms. The rooms were well used.... definitely not a vacation highlight. The beds were extremely comfortable and shower had great water pressure. Small fridge and no bugs. For under $50 it met my needs.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Piqua hotels

mississauga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2010

The Check-in clerk was extremely friendly and accommodating. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable and the price was very reasonable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank daveMississauga
New London, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

I have stayed there several of times.... The room was not clean... Back of shower curtain had mold growing on it..... Bed was hard .. would have been better sleeping on the floor... Room was touch up with paint.. Paint didnt match... bathroom floor all cracked up... was a non smoking room and there was burn holes in the carpet beside of the bed... no one ever in the office.... Was going to complain upon departure... Called 0 from phone when i was about to check out they said just leave key on counter and hung up the phone on me....

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank randy209
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2009

I stayed in room 20 for three days, carpet seemed fairly new, bed was clean and comfortable and had a small refrig that kept things cold, satellite fed large screen TV and room A/C worked good. Bathroom with tub / shower looked recently re-done, and was very acceptable. The room overall was comfortable clean and neat .. I have stayed in much worse! Property and surrounding area very run down, pool is long abandoned and breeding ground for who knows! Restaurant is long closed and abandoned also. Right next to a fitness center but good places to eat and a large shopping mall are about half mile away. It was a cut below Motel 6, but acceptable, available and cheap. Pet friendly!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ArizonaJuan
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2006

We stayed at this hotel last weekend and were in room 18. The tub was filthy so I cleaned it and removed black dirt off of the tub along with soap scum. The chairs were fairly new and were nice. The sofa was so broken down and dirty that we wouldn't sit on it. There were stains on the bedspread which I never use anyway but there were several stains on the mattress. The blanket smelled and was laying on top of the clothes rack. The inside of the door was covered with black finger prints and hand prints. Got up early and turned on light above vanity and there were 2 live roaches. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. When you complain to manager/owner, they tell look at you like what do you want for this price, you use coupon and we have the cheapest rooms in the area. The price was reasonable but ths place is nasty,

• Liked — The 2 chairs were nice
  • Disliked — The live roaches and the nasty tub and toilet
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank travlinggirl2433
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2006

We were in Piqua, Ohio for a wedding and visited friends at the Red Carpet Inn that were also attending the same wedding. That was the worst hotel I have ever seen. Flithy and disquisting. How in the world does this company stay in business? The room was very small and the bathroom was like a closet. If I had been actually staying there, I would have asked for my money back and slept in my truck. I hope our friends didn't catch any diseases staying there.

• Stayed April 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piqua
Baymont Inn & Suites Piqua
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dayton Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
Hampton Inn Troy
#1 of 9 in Troy

Been to Red Carpet Inn Piqua? Share your experiences!