“Great service, beautiful hotel!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Poland Fairfield! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was comfortable - from the lobby to the breakfast room to the pool - everything was welcoming. The room was very clean, and housekeeping did an excellent job and accommodated our requests for extra towels. (3 sets were provided, but we had 2 adults and 2 children, so we needed one more set.) Breakfast was very good and was kept replenished. We would absolutely stay here again!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had a great night's sleep in a comfortable bed. Room was clean and nicely appointed. Breakfast was plentiful and yummy. Everyone came to breakfast at the same time and the staff worked hard to bring more food as needed.
Front desk staff were cheerful and helpful. I asked to store cold packs in the freezer and some drinks and food in the fridge, as we had a cooler for our car. The staff were great about storing it for us since there were no rooms available with a fridge.
I had made a mistake on my reservation, and the manager, Brian Necastro, was gracious in helping me resolve my error.
Hotel is close to the highway, and near all kinds of restaurants. Easy to get to, easy to leave.
All in all, a wonderful trouble free stay. I'd stay there again when I next drive through!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

I was impressed by the staff at this hotel. Friendly and helpful. The breakfast options and presentation were noticeably upgraded since our last stay. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom and amenities, quiet atmosphere, which was very much appreciated after a long day with family & friends. Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Because the residence inn was sold out ( and every other hotel for that matter) I stayed at the F airfield Inn this past weekend. The employees were very nice and always smiling, the breakfast was crowded, but good. The room however was sad. Upon checking in to the room it smelled of mold immediately. The AC was turned on full blast at 1AM I suspect to offset the smell. The sheets were thin and did not provide warmth ( because I had AC blowing so the room would not smell too bad). There were children ( possibly adults) running through the hall ways and stairwells till close to 11:30 every night of my stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Nataliausn
YoungstownFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback and the kind comments regarding the staff. I apologize you had a negative experience with your room and I want to assure you that the issues you had are being addressed. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Youngstown Fairfield Inn again next time you are in the area.

Brian Necastro
Youngstown Fairfield Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I had stayed there before and it was pretty bad. They have remodeled but it still smells like an older motel.
The sheets weren't up to normal Marriot standards, they were pretty scratchy.
Although they don't say they have a laundry on site that would be a nice addition.
I would stay at the Residence Inn across the street for just a few more dollars a night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Welcomed promptly, check in was smooth and speedy. It's a three floor hotel, so I always request 3rd floor so no one is walking over my head, accommodation met without a problem. Entrance is clean and lobby had coffee, tv and pc station if you need it. NOTE to hotel. Smoking area is right at the front door. Might want to consider moving that if at all possible. Every time I walked in or out there was someone smoking and I had to walk through it. Not a major deal, but something to consider.

Someone called within 15 minutes of getting to my room to see if everything was up to snuff, which it was...nice touch. Room was clean, plenty of towels. In-room coffee. But for two cups there was only one sweet and low and one creamer... Something for the hotel to consider. So I had my second cup in the lobby, which always had coffee and plenty of creamer/sweetner.

Food! OK, when I travel I stay away from chains. I like to eat local and see what each city has. The first night I was looking for a liquor store and just around the corner (you could walk) was the Vintage Wine and Beer. So I thought it was simply a liquor store, but they have outdoor seating (maybe 15 tables or so) and served sandwiches and flatbreads...They have over a 1000 different kinds of beer, so if you're a beer junkie (I am not) you'll likely love this place. They also have hundreds of kinds of wines. They have tastings for some if you like. I sat outside, it was a nice night and had a flatbread and a few glasses of wine. If you leave the hotel, take a left, and an immediate right..go to the main road, take a right and the place is about 100yards down in a strip mall... The second night I went to Alberino's. It's across the street in a large strip mall. Odd place. It's nice and clean but their menu is a mix of Asian and Italian... hmmm... nevertheless, it was good, I'd go back likely.

The bed in the hotel was comfortable, the heater, AC worked fine. Free internet Wifi, that had no problems during my stay. A bit slow, but nothing I couldn't handle. Plenty of hot water, good water pressure, tub clean, floor clean.

Good stay. this is my first trip to Youngstown to visit a new client. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stay in this property several times during the year when visiting family in the area, most recently during Easter weekend. The room was clean and I was allowed to check-in early. The location is just off the main road which offers many restaurants and shopping plazas of all types. The hotel staff was very attentive and even called me to ask if the room was to my liking. The morning breakfast was fine and really helps when if you are on a budget. I will certainly be staying here in the future.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Austintown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Youngstown Boardman/Poland? Share your experiences!