“Excellent Service at this Hotel.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Boardman

Red Roof Inn Boardman
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Parkersburg, West Virginia
“Excellent Service at this Hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

I travel to the Youngstown area 3-4 times per month on business and I used to stay at one of the higher priced hotels. However, one trip my regular hotel was booked so I tried the Red Roof Inn in Boardman. The service at the Red Roof has been excellent. The front desk is always helpful in resolving problems or suggesting good local restaurants. I have received especially good service from the evening manager, John Wehringer, who has gone out of his way on multiple occasions to insure that I had a pleasant stay. I have since stayed at this location five times and I do not have any plans to make different arrangements. In addition to saving my company money (I never really used the indoor pool at the other hotels anyway) I am also closer to my customers. This is a good hotel at an affordable price. The rooms are comfortable and the hotel is always quiet in the evening. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was looking for a hotel within an hour or so of my business meeting the next day in Cleveland, Ohio. I initially went to Holiday Inn & they were booked/no rooms available. I then went down the road to Days Inn & actually checked into a room and it was AWFUL. I stayed 5 minutes & immediately checked back out. Now clearly frustrated I headed to my 3rd stop at the Red Roof Inn arriving at about 11:00 PM. Immediately upon entering I was made to feel welcome and special by John Wehringer. He gave me a first rate room at a great rate. I couldn't have been more pleased especially after the events of the night I described above. I would highly recommend this Red Roof Inn and especially John, his customer service skills are top notch.

Thanks,
Nick C.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My family and I are moving from Germany back to the USA. During the flight my dog had injured three of her paws pretty badly. When we checked into the Red Roof Inn in Boardman Ohio, the gentleman checking us in asked if I was military and I said yes. He said that they offered a very good military discount. As we were talking I explained what had happened to my dog, so he took the time to find me a room on the first floor directly next to an exit so the dog would not have to walk far at all to go out. He told me the price of the room and it was more than reasonable. I was expecting a beat up bed and a shower that only had cold water, what I got was a room that I would have expected to pay $200 for. The room was very large with a huge TV and an extremely comfortable king size bed, a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a great shower. I would personally like to thank Mr. John Wehringer for taking the extra time to make sure this night was so easy on my poor dog and I would like to thank Red Roof Inns for supporting the military and our four legged friends. There is no additional charge or pet fee for animals. If you are traveling with pets, or if you are military, this will be the best hotel you can stay in in the Boardman area, and you will never beat the price.

Room Tip: The hotel is a little hard to find if you don't know the area. Make sure you have the correct a...
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Driving from MI. To VA. Just needed a stopping point that would accept my perfect dog. I knew Red Roofs were pet friendly. It was about 6 miles off the turnpike but it was worth the extra ten minutes. Beds were comfy and clean. Water pressure in shower was good. Shower could have used a bit of maintenance. AC vent cover was broken but it worked fine. Security lock was broken. I would definitely make this a stopping point again!

Room Tip: Room 302 had a great bed!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

My boyfriend and I went to a wedding on Saturday, August 3. When we checked in John Wehringer greeted us and checked us in, in an efficient manor. His demeanor and kindness was greatly appreciated after we drove around all of Boardman looking for a place to stay. After we were settled in and ready to go drinking with the newly weds we asked him for directions and he took the time to walk around and direct us in the right direction. It was a pleasure to have such a patient and kind person to make our stay welcoming and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment! It was dirty, hallway smelled like urine, and had more dogs than people staying there the night we were there. The room across from us had 5 large dogs that barked non-stop from 4-4:30am. Barking dogs was an issue the entire night and early morning. My son has bad allergies and we were not made aware that this was a pet friendly hotel. I will never stay at a pet friendly hotel or another Red Roof.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many hotels, many of which are mom and pop places that may not be fancy but they are clean. Honestly, I am a traveler who only asks for clean. My room smelled strongly of smoke (my father smokes so I have a tolerance, but this was bad). Ohio is a smoke free state and has been for many years; for a room and hallway to smell that strongly of smoke means guests have been breaking the law and the management doing nothing!

But I diverge from my main point: cleanliness. Our sheets and comforter were stained, fuzzy, and just didn't feel clean. The carpets were not freshly vaccumed and the counter surfaces were dusty. Perhaps the stench of the room exacerbated the overall feeling of sleeping in an unsanitary place.

From the number of positive reviews, I see my stay (and my parents in an ajacent room who also were not pleased) seems to be abnormal, but I don't think I would ever give Red Roof a second chance. My strong stomach and simple expectations finally met their match.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your stay. My staff and I pride ourselves on a clean, comfortable, and well maintained room for everyone of our guests. I will pass your comments on for review. Please know that our hotel has been renovated (June 2012). Red Roof Inn has many different renovation packages and different looks it chooses for its properties. Rest assured all the carpet, bedding, TV’s, and soft goods have all been replaced and upgraded. The next time you are in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation and upgrade you to one of our suites. We hope that you'll give us another chance to see why we are ranked number 1 in our area on Trip Advisor.

We hope to hear from you soon,

Adam Pondillo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Davis Motel
Davis Motel
#2 of 6 in North Lima
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Hampton Inn & Suites Youngstown - Canfield
Residence Inn Youngstown Boardman/Poland

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!