“John is great”

Red Roof Inn Boardman
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Poland
Reviewed 12 December 2013

checked in after being pretty upset after watching a football game at a bar near by. i figured a hotel room was cheaper than a dui. john at the front desk must have known i was upset (although i tried not to take it out on him) and he said that he would try to help with my night. john upgraded me to a suite! the room was nice, and big. when i returned to thank him he was very nice even though it was well after midnight by this time. the property is dated but if john is working i would definitely say its a good place to stay. john does everything he can to fix any problems that arise and take care of the customer. john definitely puts the customer first, which is hard to find now a days.

Room Tip: talk to john!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Boardman

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

The rooms are dated. We had to move from the first room because the heater was too noisy. After getting into bed at the second room, my wife jumped up because of a spider crawling on her. After stripping the covers, I found a flea under the sheets.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GeneralManager253, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boardman, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello,

My name is Adam Pondillo and I am the General Manager for the Red Roof Inn Boardman. Please allow me to thank you for recently staying with us and offering your feedback. It is very much appreciated. I would also like to thank you for the kind words you shared about my staff. I do apologize for the rooming issues you've experienced during your last visit. The next time your in the Boardman area and are in need of lodging please give me a call directly at 330-758-1999 and I will personally handle your reservation. Again I apologize and hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Really enjoying this particular Red Roof Inn! I stay at many and they can really vary from updated/newer furnishings, cleanliness, polite/helpful staff, price, etc. This one had the most comfortable bed out of any RRI I've stayed at (room 116), very clean (I always take a washcloth upon any hotel stay and wipe basic surfaces down with cleaner. It's not uncommon for the washcloth to show dirt of some magnitude but this time it was still clean. I was pleasantly surprised!), furnishings up to date and in very good condition, and the staff have been very nice & helpful. Many RRI's are very noisy through the night as the staff does not mandate that all hotel guest stay relatively quiet during overnight hours ,i.e. running up & down hallways, loud talking/partying, etc. After a very long day of driving, I appreciate a clean, comfortable and QUIET nights sleep before another long day of driving. I stayed here 3 years ago and also had a good experience then too! The only negative was I had called the morning of arrival to request a downstairs room due to medical reasons & that I would be a late arrival and was assured it wouldn't be a problem but when I arrived, my room was on the third floor. Many thanks to John Wehringer for his help in accommodating my first floor needs & making my overall stay pleasant and safe with my dogs and the girls were wonderful on morning shift on 11/12/13 (sorry, I don't know your names!). Thanks too for the use of the broom to brush off the couple inches of snow from my Florida truck!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2013

John Wehringer provided excellent customer service -He even upgraded our room! Location is great - near highway and plenty of dining choices & free parking for customers. He provided us with bottle water when we arrived to quince our thirst from the already long drive were doing. The rates are reasonably low.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn from 10-10-13 thru 10-13-13. We traveled with our two dogs and were very pleased with the way they welcomed our pets. It is also very nice to know that there is no additional charge for them. The staff was pleasant and friendly.Patricia in housekeeping was very helpful and went out of her way to make sure we had a comfortable stay. The room was exceptionally clean and the price was very affordable.

Room Tip: I recommend the first floor if you travel with pets. I like to take the dogs for walks and you can e...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I travel to Youngstown quite often for business. My home away from home is the Red Roof in Boardman. The rooms are comfortable and always spotless from the carpet to the bedding, I have never encountered a problem. The staff is probably the best part of the hotel, always friendly and accommodating to your needs. John Wehringer one of the front desk managers has been very helpful and accommodating on numerous occasions weather it be room needs, restaurant suggestions or directions to other landmarks he has gone over and above to make me feel right at home. That is a big reason I call this Red Roof my "Home away from Home"
Thank you John.

Room Tip: I always ask for a "quiet room", and they accommodate me.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 27 October 2013

my name is Quintin Sheares and i recently had a chance to stay at this hotel. my incounter with this perticular red roof inn came about after i had a rather unpleasant encounter witha near by Days Inn. While trying to get comfortable in my room at the Days Inn i pulled back my sheets to find the sheets covered in a substance that looked like dead skin. also at the same time my girlfriend noticed hair on the towels in the bathroom. upon trying to get our money back we were told we would have to come back in the morning even though we paid with a credit card. Upon leaving in disgust and utter disbelief we came to the Red Roof just looking for a clean place to lay down until morning when we could go to talk to the manager of the filthy Days Inn. At the Red Roof we were greeted by a very kind and helpful gentleman by the name of John Wehringer. he not only completely understood the problems we were having with the other hotel he did everything in his power to make our stay at his hotel a great one. he not only discounted the room for us he also told us about this site where we could go and let the whole world know how rudely and inhumanely we were treated at the Days Inn. i hope this review sheds light on what a wonderful establishment the REd Roof Inn Boardman, Poland Ohio really is.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80
Quality Inn & Suites North
Quality Inn & Suites North
#22 of 36 in Youngstown

Been to Red Roof Inn Boardman? Share your experiences!