“Really only one flaw”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Pluses: very good staff (I recall Annette as being exceptionally helpful), competent & eager to make our experience a good one; property well maintained; good beds & furnishings. Minuses: thin carpet on room floor lifting up in spots. So overall an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank classicaphilia
DanellePGM, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for commenting. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize about the carpet, and I will have my maintenance staff correct that issue. We look forward to your stay in the future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Affordable place, with clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff, and great continental breakfast. Close to the ferry and good for other activities too.
Rooms could use some updating. Overall great value. Restaurants nearby too.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Lifeisagr8adventure

Thank you for taking the time to comment and let us know how we are doing. We will utilize the information to make our guest stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites on May 3, 2014.

PROS

*price (almost half the price of Holiday Inn Express)

*breakfast (hard boiled eggs, cereal, homemade waffles, breads, fruits, sausage...)

*friendly/helpful staff

*clean

*location-close to Miller's Ferry

CONS

*very out-dated in regards to decor

*the rooms smell (The best way I can describe it is it's similar to stale odor you experience when you enter a second hand store like Salvation Army)

*noise-luckily the loudness and jumping above our room stopped by 9:30 p.m.

*the beds...oh, the beds...SO UNCOMFORTABLE! :( They are full beds (small) and hard. I woke up numerous times throughout the night.

Overall the hotel is ok. For the price you can't beat it. I know that's a popular location due to Putt-n-Bay. If you're on a budget, it's clean and affordable. Just bring an air freshner.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I took my kids to stay at the hotel for a night away from home and to do a little swimming. The hotel staff was excellent! The pool room and water was very nice and warm! The down side was that the bathroom was small and the breakfast sucked.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank zachary91011
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a regular hotel for me and my friends. We started staying here about 3 years ago when birding nearby--once or twice a year. The staff is helpful and friendly for the most part. The rooms are roomy, clean, well-lit and comfortable, but the decor is getting worn and tired. The breakfast is basic. Our gluten-free friends had very limited choices. The biggest issue was the wireless wasn't working our entire stay. For $90/night, it would be nice to have the full amenities, especially the wireless. One of my friends had work on her computer that needed attention, but she couldn't do it. The pool was also not available which wasn't an issue for us so much, but I imagine others were disappointed. (In fact, the marquee outside advertised the pool.) I will look at other options for our spring trip. We may end up back here, but I'm going to try for something a bit nicer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ilovebirdsky
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sleep Inn the Fri. of Labor Day weekend. It was the most affordable place to stay in Port Clinton that was NOT a dump. It was very convenient to the highway, beds were comfy, room was clean, & staff was exceptional! We would DEFINITELY stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank vwgn76
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here 8/22/13 - 8/25/13. Went to the room, smelled bad, I went to tell the night Front Desk Clerk, he came and up to room and agreed. We went back down to the front desk, and he upgraded us to a suite which smelled great, we were very happy with that room. The staff are very friendly! If you have an issue with your room, speak up!! I will stay there again when visiting the area!

The hotel is located close to the Ferry to Put In Bay and the African Wildlife Safari, a must visit if you are in the area!

Room Tip: A/C works well, hot water in the shower!!