“Average. Old, but not filthy.”

Super 8 Port Clinton
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
“Average. Old, but not filthy.”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My family and I stayed in one of the 2 bedroom suites during our recent visit to Port Clinton. The evening hotel staff was very friendly, while the morning staff was a little dry. The room is not safe for small children as the vent near the oven had broken, rusty pieces of metal sticking out. The carpet is dirty, the cold water doesn't work well on the sink, but it was ok overall. The beds were clean and that's really all we needed after leaving the only other vacant hotel 15 minutes into our stay at Budget Inn due to a puddle of someone else's blood on the nightstand and my daughters black feet from walking around the room without shoes.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank KYmomma12
jane s, Manager at Super 8 Port Clinton, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are remodeling our guest rooms this winter (2013). We hope
you will come back and allow us to serve your lodging needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 30 July 2012

So not only did the hotel charge me 5 separate times, but I am now being told that due to the manager being off work they cannot do anything about this until 2-3 days after my stay. The first impression was awesome- Renee, then after driving 6 Hours from home I was told I could not check into my room early after I had called at 10am to let them know I would be in early, then 12 pm I called again to check on the room, and she told me 1:30pm, then when arriving at 1:30pm I was told I had to wait until 3pm which completely threw off my schedule the rest of the weekend, very very unhappy with this woman ( NOT RENEE ) an older woman gray hair. Anyway then my room was switched from front to back of hotel, then room was disgustingly full of a musty mold smell (bad sinuses), then my room had no trash bags, no ice liners, phone did not work therefore I did not receive my wake up call, alarm did Not work as well- yes it was on- set, tv was blurry, bathtub falling apart, floor not vacuumed, and charged for a safe I did not use or request! Then my sister and I had to wait in a dark alley for 30 minutes waiting on the shuttle to return after going to put in bay, after being told people were being drugged and raped. No elevator, all bags packed up stairway, no ice machine on second floor, no wireless available in hotel room. I feel as though this hotel was the worst mistake I made during my trip. Very unsatisfied although Renee was the sell point, I think she was very helpful, friendly, and always smiling. Did I mention the Juice and milk available for breakfast were VERY WARM as well, who drinks hot juice? Not satisfied at all, completely over charged, and will not be back, although I will miss Renee.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank PerkinsSisters

Travellers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

ohio
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I and our 3 kids just stayed 2 nights at the Super 8 Port Clinton. The people at the front desk all days we were there were really nice and so that helped give it a little better rating. The room did smell musty like mold or something. I did check for bed bugs and didnt SEE any and i hope its just cause i didnt see them. The bathroom was clean. There were 2 chairs in the room which they may as well just toss out the door because they were so stained i'd just rather not see any chairs in the room. We did take the free shuttle to the Jet Express which was a nice feature and did have the free breakfast which was a choice of some fruit, cereal, yougert, waffles coffee tea oj bagles and i think oatmeal (microwave). Waffle iron DOES need some nonstick spray! If you basically just want a place to sleep so you can go over to put in bay this hotel will work. It was a little pricy for the WEEKEND but I know that these hotels need to make their money during the high season so i cant blame them. Def cheaper then staying on the island.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nmeoct
Thank you for staying with us. Your comments and suggestions are taken seriously. We are remodeling our guest rooms this winter. We hope you will come back and see our new look.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Renee was extremely accomidating to our needs. Being a Executive of a fortune 100 company it is very pleasing for me to engage in business with Renee. She was very pleasant, bright, and helpful. This qualities in customer service is what I strive to achieve with my workers. Because of these attributes I will ensure my continious stay at super 8. Thank you so much Renee for your kindness and caring. You are one of the greatest.! Thank you much!

Room Tip: Please speak with Renee.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank John D
jane s, General Manager at Super 8 Port Clinton, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your compliments regarding Renee. She is a valued employee.
PA
Reviewed 14 May 2012

spent 4 nights here while bird watching in magee marsh, good value, my bed was very comfortable, slept very well, mattress on firmer side, pillows kind of lumpy, but ok, have nice breakfast area, with waffle maker, just stopped serving hard boiled eggs, bummer, but plan to start serving yogurt. conveniently located next to mcdonalds, and across street from burger king and bob's big boy. little noisy at 4 am when fishing folks slamming doors and starting their trucks. desk folk extremely helpful, especaily day shift gal, couldn't have been nicer. very clean, no fridge in room, but plenty of ice in lobby, have washing and drying available next to lobby, could use more parking, share lot with a local resturant, gets a little tight..

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank PaRubes
jane s, Manager at Super 8 Port Clinton, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
We are glad you had an enjoyable stay. We appreciate your comments.
We hope to see you again.
ostrander
Reviewed 26 September 2011

my husband and I and son and his girl friend stayed the weekend. we had two sep. rooms . our beds had to have bed the worst beds we ever slept in. we could feel the springs in the mattress. and when we rolled over we both ended up in the middle of the bed the mattress was so wore out!! we tried sleeping in the other bed in our room but same thing with it.for the price we payed we should have went to the hotels down the street and got better beds. not staying here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
janeeishen, Manager at Super 8 Port Clinton, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
I am sorry for your experience during your stay. Thank you for letting us know.
Our mattresses were purchased 2 years ago. So we will be looking into this
situation.
We want all our guests to have a comfortable stay with us.
pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed at Super 8 Port Clinton for 2 nights last weekend. This hotel is a great value! We were with a group of 13 people traveling for the Sandusky Boat show, with a side trip on Saturday via JetExpress to Put-In-Bay. I heard no complaints from our group about the hotel accommodations at all. Only compliments. The checkin went smooth. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly! Even though my husband and I don't usually sleep in separate beds we went with the 2 double beds room for our best value. The room was very clean! The beds were very comfy as well. We had a good nights sleep both nights. The only complaint and it's not the hotels fault was that people leaving early in the a.m. should be more considerate of the other guests still sleeping when leaving their room and slamming their door! They offer the continental breakfast that includes one of our favorites, Belgian waffles. The breakfast area was kept very neat and clean and everything served was fresh! Once again, the staff kept everything clean and stocked for the breakfast. Overall, this was a great stay and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book online for best value based on any discount you may be eligible for
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us. It is our goal for all guests
to have a comfortable, quiet stay with us. We hope you stay with us again
the next time you are in Port Clinton.