“Front desk staff not at all helpful”

Travelodge Port Clinton OH
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 14 June 2012

The room was nice and it was conveniently located, but the staff wasn't so hot. I indicated we were taking the ferry last Sunday and the staff didn't offer details on their shuttle, didn't provide directions, and didn't offer any help. Two minutes of the front desk's time that afternoon would have saved us $10 in parking, driving around looking for the dock, missing the ferry because we couldn't find the dock, and the hour plus wait for another ferry. Next time we're staying in Marblehead I think. Much cuter and the people seem more helpful. If Port Clinton had nature trails, places to walk/run, a cute coffee shop, or a nice place to spend the morning, I couldn't find it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank itwasfunwhileitlaste
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Port Clinton OH

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 days, not many people here, which meant check in was a breeze and peace and quiet,which was good for me! the hotel is average, but the front desk service was great and made up for the hotel.The hotel was a safe place to sleep and close to the 2 main attractions-the put-in-bay and the african safari. The pool was too small and no one seemed interested in going in..
This hotel is near 2 great eatery; Pattaya Thai and Sushi ( hi jackie) and Casa Las Palmas
I would recommend this hotel for short stays.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

blankets were thin as paper the pool didnt work they should of sais something on phone when i had mad reservation that it was out.I had to call front desk 3 times before i got a room move because there was kids in a room above us running around at 6:15 in the moring waking us up.I finally got a room move at 1:30 that afternoon.Front desk didnt give me any information on hrs on anything.I will never return to this hotel again I do not recommend it to any one.

Room Tip: i do not recomend this hotel to anyone service was very poor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tammy w
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I was quoted one price at check in and charged another when checking out.I questioned the clerk and she stated it was the correct price.Not a way for new owners to run a business.The room was clean but had a musty smell.The continental breakfast left a lot to be desired.Was close to lake and restaurants.All with in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goat Man
Reviewed 7 May 2012

we stayed in travel lodge at port clinton on May 4-6. The room was clean, little musty smell at first, but it was the first day it was open for the season. lake right outside of the rooms with nice walkway and place to fish if you don't want to travel far. Breakfast was very good and staff was very pleasant during our stay. The price was right and the heating and ac worked very well. Also was very quiet. Nothing bad to say here

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We were traveling and spent one night on our trip out and one night on the way back. The hotel was recently remodeled. Clean and fresh, right on Lake Erie, beautiful sunsets and in the early morning we could see the lighthouse flashing it's light from an island. I found myself looking forward to spending another night on our trip back. I plan on spending more time there next trip. Edie, at the front desk was friendly and helpful. She recommended Diana's Deli & Restaurant in a neighboring town and the food was wonderful. Thank you Edie. :)
Also, there is a walkway and benches along the lake side.

Room Tip: We spent both nights toward the rear of the hotel which put us by the lakeshore and away from the st...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terrie Ann S
Reviewed 12 September 2011

As a rule, I always book our hotels ahead after reading reviews and comparing prices. This time I winged it I couldn't have been more pleased. The price was right, the waterfront location on the shore of Lake Erie was lovely, the property was fresh and clean and Edy at the front desk was extremely professional, helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our complimentary breakfast with a beautiful water view.

Room Tip: Request a room on the lake end of the building for a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family