I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel because of it's proximity to Lake Erie. I was thinking it would be a much more relaxing stay on the lake, I hought there would be some greenery and perhaps some sand on the lakes edge. The hotel itself was older, and I could tell they had done some minor upgrades, but there needed to be a few more. Based on the price paid, I thought it would have been a little nicer. There was only a small patch of grass, next to a concrete or cement wall that was directly connected to the lake. No sand at all, just a direct drop off to the water. There were also hotels, and condos directly next door limiting your space. This could be excused, but the hotel itself was a little older.
Upon opening the door, we were greeted with a musty, almost mildew-y like smell that must come from the proximity to the lake. Also, the walls here are paper thin. We heard evey single sound on either side of us, and outside the door. Kids playing at all hours, a woman crying here eyes out all night, truckers with the huge trucks reving their engines. It was definitley not a place for a good nights sleep. I never used the pool, or ate breakfast so I can't comment on those. The staff was also very good at their jobs, and extremely friendly which was a plus. If I could give another half a star it would be for them. The location is great, you're close to the Jet Express, and Miller's ferry. You're closer to the Jet Express Ferry, that's the better option if you want to return after midnight from Put-In Bay. The Millers Ferry is Faster (I took them both), and cheaper but the last boat returns at 9pm, and it doesn't drop off in downtown put in bay like the jet express, so it depends on your needs. Also, I don't knock the hotel for this becasue it's nature, but the MayFlys were out of control. It was like a scene from a horror movie. Millions of them everywhere, quite fascinating actually.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are newly renovated as of June 2011. We have beautiful rooms with king or two double beds. We are located on waterfront of Lake Erie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Port Clinton OH reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portside Hotel Port Clinton
- Travelodge Port Clinton OH Ohio