“The Island House Hotel”

The Island House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 28 December 2013

From the moments we arrived we were treated like the most important guest there. The staff was so accommodating and thoughtful. Rosie's bar was inviting as well as The 1812 Restaurant. The Bed was awesome, King size with the most comfortable mattress. I was comfy the whole time. The Concierge was very informative directing us to all the sites we wanted to see. Giving us recommendations for restaurants and telling us the local history. I will be back . I can't wait!

Room Tip: The King Suite. Roomy, comfy, and the view Beautiful. The front corner of the building.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa H

Reviewed 27 December 2013

the island house was a little more than i expected, very nice place but formost was the quality of personnel that was very friendly, helpful and went out of their way for us and made us feel more like old friends, we were very pleased. room was clean and comfortable with very controllable heat and air , I plan on spending more time at this establishment.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tommysayers
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Island House, and we both had a great experience! As a guest, the staff made me feel like I was very valued customer. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The hotel also ranks high on historic charm. We are looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dan s
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect from this hotel, but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly. The historic feel of the hotel was quite impressive. The attached restaurant (1812) had great food and fresh, local seafood. The hotel is right across the street from the water, so a quick walk even with it being 26f outside, was enjoyable. The rooms were very spacious, up to date flat screens, refrigerator and microwave. The things I took exception to were the fact that you had to run the hot water for about 3 minutes in the morning for it to get warm, and the continental breakfast was a bit lacking...but it was free so I can't complain. Overall a very nice hotel and I would definitely stay here vs a local chain hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jesse M
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Thanks so much to the staff of the Island House for making our stay great! This is a great place and was a very enjoyable overnight. Bed was great as was the room. Front desk was very helpful in suggesting restaurants as well. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank julieb312
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I loved my stay at The Island House, the reviews are right. I normally stay in Sandusky at The Breakers when I visit Cedar Point, but rates during Halloween are outrageous. $230 a night? So I started looking around and found this GEM on TripAdvisor. I got a queen room for AAA rate of $81, unfortunately it was 46 degrees and raining when I arrived so I did not go to the park but I did go straight to the hotel, which let me check in early. Sarah at the front desk was a wealth of information about the history of the hotel and surrounding area. Thank you much! The room was just right, small, quaint, warm, kozy. From what I could tell the restaurant on site was packed, I will definitely make time to eat there next time I visit. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: No real tips, I just asked for a room on the top floor. I hate people walking on my head when I'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank COASTERQUEEN60
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My Great Grandmother's father, Conrad Gernhard, built this lovely hotel in 1886 and in 2013. It is still going strong and is a lovely historical property. Its location close to Cedar Point and the Islands makes it convenient for those on vacation but it is equally well situated for anyone doing business in the area. The King bedded room with the parlor provides a space to both sleep and work. Staff members are personable and very helpful. Also appreciated was the opportunity to dine onsite at 1812 and awake to a continental breakfast. So if you want to experience history, as well as enjoy the comfort of modern amenities, make plans to stay at the Island House. It is a welcome change from the cookie cutter hotel chains and you will love your stay!

Room Tip: Room with King Bed and Parlor has interior views but is spacious for those who like to sleep in a sp...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
#5 of 17 in Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#4 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to The Island House Hotel? Share your experiences!