“Charming and Unique”

The Island House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, very unique, very charming, clean and comfortable. The rooms were small but have everything you need for a nice relaxing retreat from the ordinary. I am looking forward to coming back on our next trip and highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special place to make their trip a little more memorable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Island House for three nights. I am so glad we found this hotel. We stayed in a king room that was super clean and the staff bent over backwards to make our stay fantastic. The rooms are small but great for our romantic weekend. The location is close to Fisherman's Wharf and the Jet Express Ferry and the hotel offers free wi-fi and a continental breakfast. Loved this hotel and will definitely recommend to my friends and stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mgbgtowners
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room we had was bright and clean, but it was extremely small. One had to slide sideways to get into bed from the wall-side; there was no room for a chair or desk--any computer work was done sitting on the bed (which was so high, it was not easy for me, a 5'4" woman to get up on). The electric outlets were difficult, too--we had to wiggle a plug from an angle, but I couldn't insert my three-pronged plug. The bathroom had a sink, but no counter. The wi-fi connection worked, but several things wouldn't go through. Though the ambience was nice, we'll find a more modern motel next time we stay in Port Clinton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Reminded us of hotels in Europe. Modest size rooms with a ton of charm. If you are looking for cookie cutter modern hotels look somewhere else. Even though the hotel has an old world feel the rooms are updated, clean and have all the things we needed including a small refrigerator and microwave. Staff was friendly and the location is great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Island House this past Saturday night and before we even got into the building we were impressed w/the outside. A beautiful brick building. The inside is absolutely beautiful with a quaint, old fashioned charm about it. Our room was somewhat small.....but very cozy. Has to be one of the cleanest hotels we've ever stayed in! The attached restaurant/lounge is nice and convenient. The hotel is in walking distance to alot of other places to eat/drink as well. The front desk staff/ lounge staff were amazing at making you feel at home!! Would def. recommend for a nice overnight getaway.
Angela Abbott

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AngelinaAbbott
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I am a nursing student and needed a short getaway near a body of water during my spring break to decompress. After doing some research on Port Clinton hotels, I decided on The Island House. I was not disappointed! The room was small but very clean and cozy. The bed was comfortable and the staff very friendly. The hotel is a very short walk to the lake and several restaurants. There is a fridge in a room and a nice complementary breakfast in the morning. It was also pretty quiet at night. Aside from the random conversation in the hallway, I did not hear any noise and was able to sleep in peace. I am already looking to book another stay during my next short break.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank MsT83
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with lots of character. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The attached restaurant and bar make it convenient, and there are several other great places for food and drinks within very quick walking distance. If you stay here, you have to wander across the street to McCarthy's Pub and try their homemade and dip. Delicious... and extremely addictive! Very pleasant stay at the Island House. I definitely hope to return someday.

Room Tip: The Starboard Suite was extremely spacious and we had no problem with noise. Full-sized refrigerator...