The Island House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 25 May 2014

A birding friend of my husband's recommended Island House and we are so glad we booked. Originally booked 4 nights but we were very happy we were able to stay 2 more nights due to some cancellations due to the rainy weather. Had to cancel the 2 nights we booked at another hotel. Booked a queen room with microwave, fridge & coffee maker. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. There was some noise from fans outside our window but no really problem. The staff was friendly and very helpful. For breakfast there were bagels, English muffins, bread, various small Danish, hard boil eggs, cereal, oatmeal, butter, cream cheese, jams, milk, orange & apple juice. We enjoyed breakfast. My husband wants to return next year for the birding festival at Magee Marsh so we plan to stay here again. You will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Susan L

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Upon entering this charming, historic hotel in downtown Port Clinton, I was greeted warmly at the front desk. I had booked a queen room about an hour previously from my car. My room was very clean, with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in, a cute pedestal sink in the bathroom, small fridge, microwave, and a coffee pot. There was a small flat screen TV with several channels available. I loved the fact there was a closet to hang my clothes, as well as an ironing board and iron. The only thing stopping me from giving this hotel 5 stars was the fact that I had to let the water run for 10 minutes to get a hot shower (a fact that was stated to me by the front desk, so I had forewarning). I am happy I found this hotel and wish I could have stayed more than one night, not only to sleep in such a comfy bed, but also to spend more time exploring the area. I have already recommended the Island House Hotel to several friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kara S
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Husband and I so enjoyed our week end stay at The Island House Hotel. The convenient location,
historic charm and wonderful service made for a unique experience. Peggy and her staff exceeded our expectations for service, cleanliness and assistance. Thank you all and we look forward to a return visit soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise, very unique, very charming, clean and comfortable. The rooms were small but have everything you need for a nice relaxing retreat from the ordinary. I am looking forward to coming back on our next trip and highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a special place to make their trip a little more memorable.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Island House for three nights. I am so glad we found this hotel. We stayed in a king room that was super clean and the staff bent over backwards to make our stay fantastic. The rooms are small but great for our romantic weekend. The location is close to Fisherman's Wharf and the Jet Express Ferry and the hotel offers free wi-fi and a continental breakfast. Loved this hotel and will definitely recommend to my friends and stay here again.

3  Thank mgbgtowners
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room we had was bright and clean, but it was extremely small. One had to slide sideways to get into bed from the wall-side; there was no room for a chair or desk--any computer work was done sitting on the bed (which was so high, it was not easy for me, a 5'4" woman to get up on). The electric outlets were difficult, too--we had to wiggle a plug from an angle, but I couldn't insert my three-pronged plug. The bathroom had a sink, but no counter. The wi-fi connection worked, but several things wouldn't go through. Though the ambience was nice, we'll find a more modern motel next time we stay in Port Clinton.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Reminded us of hotels in Europe. Modest size rooms with a ton of charm. If you are looking for cookie cutter modern hotels look somewhere else. Even though the hotel has an old world feel the rooms are updated, clean and have all the things we needed including a small refrigerator and microwave. Staff was friendly and the location is great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends