“Rodent Infested! AVOID THIS MOTEL!”
Review of Bayshore Inn

Bayshore Inn
Bayshore Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Port Clinton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here in July of 2014 while going to Put In Bay for the weekend. My friend booked the hotel because of the price and some of the fairly positive reviews (though obviously we did not do enough research). The first night we got there we noticed that the walls were dirty, towels were stained, and wall art had mold on it. But, we thought it would suffice given what we paid and that we weren't planning on spending much time in the hotel room. We wore flip flops in the room, and did our best to touch as little of things as possible. WiFi was only available in the lobby.

The second night we stayed here was worse than the first. After we got home from Put In Bay two of us saw a MOUSE!!!!!!! We immediately called the front desk reporting the mouse, and though we did not explicitly say we wanted a new room, it was expected. The manager answered, said "okay", acknowledged that we saw a mouse and stated that no other customers complained of rodents in their room then HUNG UP ON ME!! We expected him to come to the room and take care of the problem but he never did. When I looked behind the entertainment center, it was covered in cobwebs and dust. During our stay, we found dead bugs in the sink area. As we were walking to the reception area we saw a two inch hole in the doorway of another hotel room, which is likely where rodents and other animals are getting into the hotel rooms.

The next morning when we re-addressed the rodent problem when we checked out, we were told that because we booked online, we were not able to get a discount/refund. The manager was extremely rude, and blamed his accent for his poor customer service. Luckily, they have a young English-speaking receptionist who looked like she was just out of high school who was very kind and helpful. She told us that the owner would call us later that day to try to resolve the issue because she reported he was much nicer than the manager on site. We waited days, and left multiple messages for the owner, to which he never returned. A few days later, I called the hotel and asked for the owners phone number so I could talk to him myself. When I finally got a hold of the owner, he wasn't even the owner, but another manager. He also refused to amend the rodent situation in any way and called me a liar for reporting a mouse. All that was offered was a free night's stay on our next trip, to which I responded that I will not be patronizing this hotel again.

This is by far the most disgusting motel/hotel I have ever stayed in, in my entire life! The management is extremely rude, and denies their rodent infestation. We did not spend much time in the motel room (who would?) yet still saw rodents, which likely indicates that there are many more... I would rather sleep in my car than stay another night in this motel. I filed a complaint against them with the BBB, hopefully we will get our money back!

Room Tip: Avoid this motel at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Stacey D

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a non-smoking room but smelled a lil smokey when we first walked in.
The tv is still an analog tv.
Online it says there's a coffee pot in the room but they make coffee in the morning & provide donuts.
It also says there's wi-fi but it's only guaranteed in the lobby.
The pillows are flat & there are only 2 per bed (we booked a double bed room for 3 people).
The blanket had a couple spots on it like they were stained or not washed.
My daughter went to bed on day 2 & asked why there was lipstick on her sheet- I don't wear lipstick & she's 7.
Overall, it was ok for the time spent there but this is one example of getting what you pay for.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank ccop518
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for my bachelorette party to save a little $. The man who own it's/ manages it was EXTREMELY RUDE!!! My sister accidentally locked her key in the room, she went to the office & ask for one, he said "REALLY?!?".... and then he THREW the key at her.

My mom is disabled by arthritis and he told her there would be coffee in the morning (helps get her joints moving).... There was NO coffee & the pop machines were "out of order."

Checkout said 1pm, he ended up yelling @ my sister and said that checkout was 11 and we MUST GO!

Worst experience EVER at a hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Meghan9286
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We needed a room over Father's Day and didn't want to spend much $. Now we wish we had spent a bit more to upgrade. We slept ok, but clearly this place needs major work. The pics are nicer than what is really there. It wasn't dusty, but was musty with stains on carpet, mattresses, toilet and bath. The wallpaper was taped back into place. Breakfast was a prepackaged donut and coffee. The manager was quiet but cordial. On our 2nd day, we didn't have maid service, but found several hand towels left just inside the door on the refrigerator. Perhaps we got what we paid for. Will upgrade next time, for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dennese D
Reviewed 29 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jaime F
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Thought it seemed really cheap - but we checked it out and you do get what you pay for. Horrible, smelly, moldy rooms. After switching to different rooms twice we got our money back - we had booked through Hotels.com - who helped us.
Manager said they were going to remodel - they should be CLOSED until then and I still would NEVER go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank charpotts
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My husband and I checked in for our anniversary two days ago. The reviews scared me but we already booked and it's non-refundable. We figured if it was horrible we would go elsewhere. We thought they were closed since we were the only ones there. We expected the worst but our check-in went smoothly, the room was basic but clean with a king bed and jacuzzi, microwave,tv,and fridge/freezer. We ended up with an almost empty motel the whole time- which gave us the pool to ourselves ( could have been skimmed but was acceptable) and we could go outside in our pajamas at night to watch the deer without the crowds. They cleaned the room the next day and replaced the sheets towels and shampoos and were neat and tidy. They don't Bother you. The reviews are probably hurting their business but for our trip- we loved all the privacy! I have stayed in motels that weren't even half as nice but were big names and we paid double. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple