See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

Although we had a nice time visiting the Port Clinton area we would NOT recommend staying at the Bay Shore Inn in its current condition. The check-in was unwelcoming and initially given keys to room already occupied. The room we stayed in included: dirty sheets, dirty comforter blanket, dirty shower curtain, horrible "pillows", 2 broken lights, no ice machine.
The only positives were the close proximity to the lakefront, 24 hour Kroeger and a local ice cream and deli that offered delicious, freshly made box lunches perfect for our spontaneous evening picnic at the local public beach just a few miles away.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ValerieNBChicago
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Worst place I have stayed in a long time. Bedsheets had blood on them which is a sign there might be bedbugs, Carpet was old, smelly and stained. Wallpaper was falling off the wall. Owner would not refund my money after stating he would. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room tip: don't stay here ever!!!
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank znut2015
Reviewed 3 August 2015

So I booked this hotel threw hotels.com, it was a last minute booking. We were in ohio for the day and decided to spend the night. I actually was trying to book a different hotel and had to call hotel.com for assistance. The woman talked me into booking this hotel. It was me, my daughter and my three grand daughters (5,4 and 2). When I went to check in the man behind the desk asked me if I was scared....I asked should I be? He went on a rampage about a woman who booked a room and then wanted to cancel because there were no cars in the lot, she was scared. I told him I was not scared and I just laughed. It took him so long just to check me in because he kept complaining about this woman. Finally he gave me my key and told me there would be a continental breakfast in the morning, he said "you know, maybe eggs and crackers" hmmmm. So we get to the room and it is sooo dirty. We had been at the beach all day, so we all took a shower and then went to eat. Fortunately, we had sleeping bags in the car, we actually unfolded them and slept on them and used the others for blankets. In the morning we wanted to shower again before heading out, I went to the office to get a few clean towels. The woman behind the counter asked how many, I said three, she paused and said no, come back after 2. I said we are checking out at 11, we want to shower before we leave and we used the ones in the room last night. She told me that we could only have one set of towels per day and that we had used our allowance!!!! REALLY! Thank goodness the gentleman came back and asked what was wrong. He ended up giving me two towels. I took a few pictures to show the dirt, but I did forget to take some that I should have. The shower curtain had black mold all over the bottom. I took pictures of the shower, but the picture did not show the filth at the bottom of the shower and all over the handle and spout. The carpet was so gross, the bed frame also. IF you do not mind dirt and just need a quick cheep place to sleep, this is your place, but if you are like me and can not sleep in such a place for fear of what might climb out of the holes in the walls and bite you, then don't go here.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 9966chrisp
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I booked through Expedia and paid for the room. I called to cancel and spoke with "Michelle" who assured me she spoke to Expedia, "they know who I am, I deal with them regularly." I also called Expedia and cancelled. But, I was charged anyway! Michelle is now no where to be found, but a very rude "Amin" said Michelle was a housekeeper and should not have been on the phone! This is the worst, shadiest place I have ever dealt with. Now I have to call my credit card company and attempt to get my $300 back!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joe Jenn W
Reviewed 7 June 2015

Certainly wasn't expecting the Ritz Carlton, but i was expecting clean, not stained, possibly not laundered, bath towels and sheets ! A closed swimming pool, due to a pump problem....but I'm guessing by the look of the water it must be a really hard to find part to replace. Nothing, and i mean nothing was clean about this hotel, right down to the disgusting filthy carpet. I've stayed in plenty of older, dated hotels but they were at least clean!! Save your money people and book a room somewhere else!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
Date of stay: June 2015