“WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT A "5"”

Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Port Clinton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Enjoy a front row seat to a culinary performance at Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi. Hibachi chefs entertain with dazzling knife and spatula tricks while cooking the meals to perfection. Utilizing only the freshest and finest, Nagoya also offers an expansive sushi bar featuring fish flown in from around the world.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because I'm not that in to showmanship while I'm eating. Service was super, as was the food. Plenty of food and the server and chief were great.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Every year that I go to Port Clinton, I have to eat here. The food is wonderful and the drinks are superb! They do not water down the drinks, they are delicious! Ask for the volcano or the happy budda a combination of juices and rums. I get the hibachi shrimp and my friend gets the chicken. Since she is allergic to seafood, they always cook hers first to make sure that it touches nothing else. I don't eat sushi but my husband does and he says that it is the best he has had (we are from Columbus). If you have plans in Port Clinton, maybe going over to Put in Bay or Marblehead, make sure to stop here as well. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank LewisCenter1
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This a a favorite restaurant for our family. We usually sit at the bar until our table is ready. The bartenders and very friendly and helpful in selecting specialty drinks. Prices are reasonable for location. We always sit the the Hibachi tables, were the chef entertains you while preparing your food right in front of you. You get a soup, salad and your main course. I recommend the Nagoya roll, and the shrimp and steak hibachi with fried rice. Don't forget the yum yum sauce! I have never had a bad meal there and the steak is always cooked to my liking. It can be expensive but we feel it's worth it for the service and food you get. The do have a sushi bar that everyone raves over, but we do not usually order much off that menu. Great food, will go back again.

1  Thank Kimberly H
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were visiting relatives in Ohio and they invited us to dinner at the Nagoya. While not big Japanese food experts, nor sushi fans, they really liked the Nagoya and wanted to get the opinions of people who enjoy good japanese food.

OK...nuf said. As you can see from the other reviews, there are three parts to Nagoya, the Hibachi tables, the sushi bar (although they also have booths in the sushi bar), and the bar. We sat in a booth in the sushi bar.

We were seated immediately upon arrival, probably due to our early arrival. As I understand it, Nagoya can get very full and you can face a wait if you do not have a reservation.

The wait staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I have a food allergy, and they really tried to establish whether or not this would be a problem. When they could not confirm specifically, they made sure that the food items we selected were "safe" for me to eat.

The nigiri sushi was really quite nice. No complaints here. The wasabi was really hot, and the sushi fresh and tasty. really well done. They have a multitude of sushi rolls to try, and each one was very nicely done. They tend to use a lot of "sauce" on their specialty rolls, which i think would be more palatable to a broad audience (my perception). But they were good.

Compared to other eating establishments in the area, it is expensive. But compared to what we are used to, the prices are appropriate.

So...Good food, good service. We will go again on our next visit to Port Clinton.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We have eaten at Nagoya several times and it is always good. The chefs are entertaining ; usually have a few good tricks up their sleeve. It is usually very busy, so there is a lot going on all around - but I think that makes it more fun. Their Yum Yum sauce is the best!!!!

1  Thank Tam1222