“Good Location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This was a good location it was right in the middle of the two major ferry lines to Put-In-bay, and was very conveniently located to restaurants and shopping. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous with everything. Typical continental breakfast for this establishment. The only gripe that I do have is that the price was a little high, for two nights it was nearly $500, I would have expected a little more room and a little more attention to detail for this price. I reserved the king suite and it seemed like a regular room with a king bed, fridge and sleeper sofa thrown in it. There were spots on the ceiling where the paint was peeling away, and the bathroom was small to where the door almost hit the toilet and there were spots where the tile on the floor was cracked or pulling away from the wall loosening the grout or caulking. I know this might sound like nitpicking but I would consider it a fair trade off for the price that one would pay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello Businesstraveler3,

Thank you for the review you sent about our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We are honored you took the time out of your busy schedule to let us and other travelers know how your stay was. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The pool was nice, and the breakfast was tasty. However, there was no hand soap or body soap, and the ceilings were very dirty. The AC didn't work very well. Additionally, there was no room to sit down for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Greetings CameraguyOhio,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how we are doing. Your input means a lot to us and thank you so much for sharing. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel was very nice. The entrance was welcoming, the pool area was nice, and our room was good. The continental breakfast was good. The views were good. The location was great because its only minutes from the ferry to go to the island. However, the cost was pretty outrageous. I can't see spending over 300 after tax to stay in a hotel room. I'd rather sleep outside. That's just me. Other than that it was a very nice hotel

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank strohman
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello Strohman,

We are so happy that you enjoyed the multiple areas of our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Yur business and Patronage is greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to let us and other travelers know how your stay was.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I arrived at approximately 2pm on Saturday after driving 800 miles. The staff were extremely helpful and had my room ready and waiting for me. I was supplied with a list of Restaurants with directions and location. The front desk clerk helped me locate my destination which was only 3 miles from the hotel. You can tell by the condition of the hotel and the grounds that the employees take pride in this establishment. House keeping were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I intend to visit the area again on vacation with my family and I will stay at this hotel again. Thanks to everyone at Holiday Inn Express in Port Clinton, Oh. for making my stay away very pleasant while being away from home.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms face the lake. I enjoyed being able to see the lake when I were in my room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hello Jeffrey F,

Your kind words of praise means a lot to each and every staff member. We do take great pride and ownership of our Holiday Inn Express and Suites; and it is AWESOME that you recognized these efforts. It was our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to welcoming you back. Until we meet again, safe travels.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was fine but since we are smokers,we were outside with no area for us . It wouldn't have been so bad but it was May Fly season so it sounded like we were walking on bubblewrap and had them all over us. I realize we are in the minority and treated like second class citizens,but it would have been nice to have somewhere to get away from the bugs!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Greetings Barbara G,

I am happy you let us know how your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We take great honor in our guests opinion and it makes us extremely happy you willing to share yours. The May Flies even though they are annoying are very important to the Great Lakes. Sorry, that you had to deal with them during your recent visit. I am also sorry we do not provide a covered area for our guests that are smokers. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here one night so we could take the ferry to Put-in-Bay. This is a primo location. You can leave the hotel and be at the Miller Ferry in 10 minutes. The place looks like it had just been redone (the lobby at least), as it all looked brand new. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. Definitely a hotel I would stay at again. They have a fitness room with treadmill, elliptical and flat screen tv.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Greetings MJA1982,

Thank you for the fabulous review about our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. It means a lot to us to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Love staying in this brand hotel!! You always get clean rooms and excellent service, and this one is tops!! Very comfortable beds and pillows, quiet, never heard anyone. Just wish the breakfast was served until 10...on vacation and don't like to rush to get it.. but that's ok... right next to McDonalds....(hot tub could have been hotter but that's just me!! ;) ).. oh and this is a review of the hotel but be ready to pay $1.80 for tea from McD... I was a little shocked on that one!! But the hotel was AWESOME!!! AS ALWAYS!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RhondaJ711
KimBGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello RhondaJ711,

It was our pleasure to serve your lodging needs. We really enjoyed your review about our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. Reading our guests comments mean a lot to us and we are happy that you are happy. We hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Clinton
#1 of 7 in Put in Bay
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#4 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton? Share your experiences!