Spent 2 nights and 3 days on a Groupon deal. First the good... Staff was very nice and helpful. The free dinner, though not the best food, was a very nice time as was the wine and cheese reception. The spa was very nice as my wife loved her massage. The property was beautiful on the Portage River but that leads to the bad. The property could be so much more with the addition of simple lit walking paths or bike trails. The pool and rec was nice though a quick stroll from the inn. The resort could use a shuttle to Port Clinton as there is not much to do on the resort. Also, the rooms were small and old-fashioned and blah. They could use a spruce up and a way to watch or rent movies on the tv or a dvd player. Also, it would be nice if there was a small restaurant on the resort even if it is off-season. Finally, the staff was very nice but very unprofessional looking. All wore jeans and whatever shirts. Uniforms go a long way to making a place look professional. I would go again but not at expensive prices and not without a sprucing up of the establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands is one of the top destinations in Midwest receiving nearly seven million visitors a year. Port Clinton is a central location to a wide array of fabulous activities that range from catching the Jet Express to the Islands; Cedar Point amusement park; several indoor water parks; winery’s; water sports; boating; fishing; camping & bird watching. If you love fishing you have to visit Port Clinton the Walleye Capital of the world. Our beautiful 375-acre waterfront resort is nestled on the Portage River, a tributary to Lake Erie, in Port Clinton Ohio. Erie Islands Resort enjoys an exclusive location very near the myriad of area activities but just far enough away to enjoy amazing Sunrises overflowing with spectacular color, Sunsets gently touching the water with a million dollar view in every direction and unspoiled star filled nights right at your door step. Erie Islands offers a variety of accommodations from our Victorian Style waterfront hotel, spacious cottages, luxurious vacation homes with private dock, or for the camping enthusiast 138 campsites. For our boating guest at Erie Islands we can accommodate you with our 100 slip marina. Indoor and outdoor enthusiasts, and children of all ages, will find a wide array of amenities and activities right here at Erie Islands. When you visit Erie Islands you will soon find yourself in the midst of a recreational paradise with our 15,000 square foot recreation center and 375 acres of grounds. Some of the many onsite amenities include restaurant, lounge, Aveda Spa and retail store, outdoor/indoor pools, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, kiddie pool, 10 private stocked fishing lakes, 125’ river fishing pier, exercise room, racquetball courts, basketball court, tanning spa, general store, snack bar, arcade, billiards, pool bar & disc golf course.At Erie Islands Resort & Marina, you really can have it all – it’s all about family, fun and relaxation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Erie Islands Resort Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Hotel Port Clinton
- Erie Islands Hotel Marina
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Port Clinton, Ohio