My in-laws are members of an RV camping club of some sort so they paid an upfront fee to get to stay at places around the country. We came here to camp and the amenities are above what I was used to camping as a child. That being said, you cannot be anything but disappointed when promised amenities are not delivered. This for me was the downside to the resort. My in-laws were happy as they have stayed at worse places in their short RV camping history.
We stayed overnight in the RV on site and the tent site.
Check-in was easy. Just give your information and get your parking hanging cards. Get your wrist bands for the day. We had a tent site as well as the RV site. We had been told that the tent site would be next to the RV site. This is not the case. It is a short walk. We did not mind. You can only have 1 tent on the RV site, we had two. This is a health department law, they say. The RV sites were nice and provided the function we needed. electric, water, sewage hookups. the tent site is in the middle by the bathrooms without assigned spaces.
The bathrooms are better than most campgrounds. Adequate for sure.
The main recreation center by the pool is very nice. There is billiards (extra fee) and there are video games (coins). The pool outdoors is nice but they have brown algae. The indoor pool is nice as well and heated. The indoor and outdoor hot tubs are very nice. The outdoor again has brown algae.
The wifi promised was impossible to get onto. I could never logon due to a "too many clients" message all 5 days we were there even at 3 and 7am. This is a promised amenity that functionally does not exist.
The mini-golf initially said available now says under construction on the web site. It is dead, there is no construction going on.
The play areas for the kids are nice but obviously not tended to since there are deep pools of water at the bottom of the tire swings.
I never saw where the racketball was and the kids club was never offered or noticed.
The life guards did a decent job except for one who spent the whole time we were there talking to the kid in the little bar side restaurant, even when kids were swimming. This is unacceptable.
The paddle boats and some of the other "amenities" cost extra, just a heads up.
Day trips to east harbor state park, port clinton, and cedar point are easy.
Overall we would likely stay here again since the lack of things like wifi did not really affect our trip as it was good to not be on wifi all day. I am not sure what the regular rates are. I really think that if some changes are made this place could be wonderful. Add more wifi logins, fix the mini golf, get rid of the brown algae, and get your tall lifeguard to do his job and things would be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands is one of the top destinations in Midwest receiving nearly seven million visitors a year. Port Clinton is a central location to a wide array of fabulous activities that range from catching the Jet Express to the Islands; Cedar Point amusement park; several indoor water parks; winery’s; water sports; boating; fishing; camping & bird watching. If you love fishing you have to visit Port Clinton the Walleye Capital of the world. Our beautiful 375-acre waterfront resort is nestled on the Portage River, a tributary to Lake Erie, in Port Clinton Ohio. Erie Islands Resort enjoys an exclusive location very near the myriad of area activities but just far enough away to enjoy amazing Sunrises overflowing with spectacular color, Sunsets gently touching the water with a million dollar view in every direction and unspoiled star filled nights right at your door step. Erie Islands offers a variety of accommodations from our Victorian Style waterfront hotel, spacious cottages, luxurious vacation homes with private dock, or for the camping enthusiast 138 campsites. For our boating guest at Erie Islands we can accommodate you with our 100 slip marina. Indoor and outdoor enthusiasts, and children of all ages, will find a wide array of amenities and activities right here at Erie Islands. When you visit Erie Islands you will soon find yourself in the midst of a recreational paradise with our 15,000 square foot recreation center and 375 acres of grounds. Some of the many onsite amenities include restaurant, lounge, Aveda Spa and retail store, outdoor/indoor pools, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, kiddie pool, 10 private stocked fishing lakes, 125’ river fishing pier, exercise room, racquetball courts, basketball court, tanning spa, general store, snack bar, arcade, billiards, pool bar & disc golf course.At Erie Islands Resort & Marina, you really can have it all – it’s all about family, fun and relaxation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Erie Islands Resort Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Hotel Port Clinton
- Erie Islands Hotel Marina
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Port Clinton, Ohio