We checked into a 3 bedroom cottage for a 7 day stay with family. When checking in and out we had absolutely no problems. We drove up to the cottage and I have to say after reading some of the reviews on here I really had no idea what to expect. I took cleaning supplies and blankets just in case! I opened the door to the cottage and was taken aback as it wasn't at all what I expected. I was very pleasantly surprised. We walked through the entire unit and I could find nothing negative about it. If I were to nitpick there was a scratch on the refrigerator but I honestly did not see anything else. We had double doors that opened out onto a deck on the inlet that leads out to the big river so we could watch boats coming and going from the marina. I love wildlife so I was able to have my coffee in the morning and watch the various animals and birds coming and going. It was very quiet in the area that we were located in but that is what we prefer. The location is close to Cedar Point and Kalahari Water Park which is why I chose it. This unit was an exchange through RCI and I would do it again. Both of my Grandkids and the bigger kids enjoyed the fishing lake, we also enjoyed the pool and walks around the property. I plan to stay here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands is one of the top destinations in Midwest receiving nearly seven million visitors a year. Port Clinton is a central location to a wide array of fabulous activities that range from catching the Jet Express to the Islands; Cedar Point amusement park; several indoor water parks; winery’s; water sports; boating; fishing; camping & bird watching. If you love fishing you have to visit Port Clinton the Walleye Capital of the world. Our beautiful 375-acre waterfront resort is nestled on the Portage River, a tributary to Lake Erie, in Port Clinton Ohio. Erie Islands Resort enjoys an exclusive location very near the myriad of area activities but just far enough away to enjoy amazing Sunrises overflowing with spectacular color, Sunsets gently touching the water with a million dollar view in every direction and unspoiled star filled nights right at your door step. Erie Islands offers a variety of accommodations from our Victorian Style waterfront hotel, spacious cottages, luxurious vacation homes with private dock, or for the camping enthusiast 138 campsites. For our boating guest at Erie Islands we can accommodate you with our 100 slip marina. Indoor and outdoor enthusiasts, and children of all ages, will find a wide array of amenities and activities right here at Erie Islands. When you visit Erie Islands you will soon find yourself in the midst of a recreational paradise with our 15,000 square foot recreation center and 375 acres of grounds. Some of the many onsite amenities include restaurant, lounge, Aveda Spa and retail store, outdoor/indoor pools, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, kiddie pool, 10 private stocked fishing lakes, 125’ river fishing pier, exercise room, racquetball courts, basketball court, tanning spa, general store, snack bar, arcade, billiards, pool bar & disc golf course.At Erie Islands Resort & Marina, you really can have it all – it’s all about family, fun and relaxation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Erie Islands Resort Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Hotel Port Clinton
- Erie Islands Hotel Marina
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Port Clinton, Ohio