“Nice place”

OurGuest Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 17 May 2008

Very nice, cozy room, friendly staff. Clean comfortable and well worth the money. Nicest hotel of the three I've used in Port Clinton.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 May 2008

I travel frequently and out of hundreds of hotels, I've never had an experience this unfortunate.

After running two jobs and studies, I booked a much needed weekend at 'Our Guest Inn & Suites' Downtown for my husband and me. With a printed proof of booking in hand we arrived and received a speech like two naughty school children. We were told never to book online without calling the hotel as well etc… Due to my work I book several hotels every month and have never, ever ‘had’ to call. The fact that I had proof of my booking in hand made no difference. The reception were so rude I was close to tears and later I was sorry that we did not turn around right there and then. We got a Jacuzzi Suite, but the room was much too small for the Jacuzzi to fit and photos of the property were truly deceptive. (Entrance were more of a cheap bazaar than a hotel). Late the first night our phone rang and the lecture on how to do bookings continued.

I really feel that I am pretty easy going and have never before given a hotel a bad rating. However I have also never dreamt of such terrible experience. I wrote to the owner after returning home but never received a response.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank antoine321
Reviewed 18 December 2007

I don't usually write reviews but wanted to offset some of the negative reviews about this hotel. My family and I travel extensively, and with business travel, consider ourselves "hotel snobs". With that said, this hotel is nothing like where we usually stay, but then again we are usually staying in hotels in major cities that we have flown into.

This hotel is in a small town reached primarily by car. And for where it's at and the kind of trip you're likely on when visiting this area, this is a GREAT hotel. I think you would be hard pressed to find anything better (in the area). It's clean, resonably priced, and very convenient. The staff are friendly (although they won't necessarily kiss your behind like you might demand from more "uptown" hotels).

If you're going to be in the area, go ahead and stay here. Just don't expect the Drake and you'll be fine.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2007

Wife & I decided on a road trip to Put-In-Bay with last-minute planning. No vacancies on the island per net searches.

This place is a block away from JetExpress ferry, and several resturaunts within that block. You'd be hard pressed to find better without booking on the island (well in advance).

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank Neises
Reviewed 18 August 2007

We rented a room for 2 nights here. Our room was clean enough. Our bathroom was very clean. Liked the sink outside of the bathroom. The beds were fine, and the housekeeping staff were quite helpful. The only complaint I have was that there was something on the ceiling, maybe a dead bug, which my son removed quickly. Never saw another bug the whole time. I looked for them too, and didn't see anything.

The fridge was a little too cold as our beers froze, so check your temp. We liked that we could walk to/from the Jet Express. McCarthys' was delicious too, and only 3 blocks away!!!! Loved the Shepard's pie and the Green Pepper soup. Wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank ktype
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Last yr we stayed at the Our Guest Hotel that was right by the dock for Jet Ex. It was so nice, the room was clean, and the staff was wonderful. Well we couldnt get the same Hotel on 8/11/07, so we thought we would try the other Our Guest a little farther away, We wanted a non smoking room , The door read non smoking!! wow, As a Housekeeper at another Hotel I must say the need a new staff, we ended up driving all the way home that night after a long day at Put in Bay. If your wanting a non smoking room this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Frogger3
Reviewed 4 August 2007

Even though there were some unfavorable comments in the reviews, it still ranked in the top 3 and we decided to take our chances. We loved it!! Will do it again, and will highly recommend it to any budget conscience travelers. The quaint European style room was clean and comfortable. The fully equipped kitchenette made it convenient to pop into a our room for a small bite whenever, which allowed us to splurge on dinner--quilt free. The pool isn't quite as big as you think, but it's clean and refreshing. Since we didn't like the beach areas in Erie, we used the pool while everyone else was away, we practically had it to ourselves. It's central location is convenient and easy to get to other attractions. This isn't your standard franchise hotel--It's better! It's more personable and accommodating. And, that alone is worth the very reasonable rate they ask.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple