“Lower your expectations”

OurGuest Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you are looking for a no frills, decent place to sleep for a night, this is fine. The exterior of the place is deceiving, because the interior rooms are very disappointing. The furnishings were decades old, the wallpaper stained, the carpet worn, and one of the bedspreads had a large cigarette burn hole on the top. Port Clinton can be a heavy duty party place on weekends, and the walls here are quite thin. We heard our neighbors until about 3 a.m. If this place is the best available in Port Clinton, I may sleep in my car next time. On a positive note, the front desk attendant was very nice.

Room Tip: Drive to the Catawba Island/Route 53 area and stay there.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dskibg
Lynne D, Owner at OurGuest Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Our Catawba location is older than our downtown location but has been updated over the years. We do not have wallpaper but the staining could have been on the walls. This hotel in particular was built with concrete block between the walls and concrete between the floors for noise purposes. I am sorry that given this you still had noise and hope you addressed your concerns with the front desk when this happened. They are trained to take care of these late night issues. The bedspread concerns me and I will be addressing that issue also. Thanks again for our review.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

Ok so i have stayed at hotels that have cost 500 a night (honeymoon) to ones that have been maybe 100. Being that we just came to stay the night in good ol PORT CLINTON OHIO and had our kids with us I was happy with our stay. We did stay at another hotel a month or so ago just down the road from this one and this was much better!. It is a older hotel and room did just have a little maybe musty smell (but hey so do old libraries and zoo's and people go in there) but this hotel was much better then the last. My biggest concern when going to stay just a hotel for basically just sleeping and showering is I want a clean bed/sheets, clean shower/towels and with this hotel i got it. We had 5 so one slept on the couch that was in there but I did ask for sheets for that and they happily gave them to me. I think new carpet would get rid of the musty smell but really i wish there was anything but carpet in ANY hotel. The lobby was nice and the front desk people were nice and even when calling to make my reservations. Hotel is in a great location if you are going to put in bay for the day...we just walked to the jet from there. I guess the only thing i did wish is that there was like one of those flip locks for extra security on the door. Not that I didnt feel safe but just because I am a mom. lol Price for hotel was fair I thought. Thats why i said some people are just not realistic, they expect a luxury hotel then dont book a trip to port clinton ohio, if you dont want to pay 130-200$ a night then dont go during the ONLY months of the year that these business' have to even make money. Next time we decide to go back we will DEF pick the OUR GUEST INN & Suties THANKS!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank nmeoct
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed here after being on Put-in-Bay all day... the rooms were SO dated...not that dated is so horrible, but they were dirty... ours smelled of cat pee and mildew. I stayed in this room 3 weeks after staying in Las Vegas at a 5 star resort that cost me $149/night... this room in Port Clinton cost me $189/night!!! Come on Our Guest Inn.. have a little pride...for the price, my suggestion is to sleep on a park bench... much cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ShannonMichigan
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Stayed here after a long day @ put in bay. lobby was nice, pool was nice but when we got to our room, it smelled very musty! I had to get febreze in order to be able to enter room without holding our breath! Bedspreads & carpet were very dated! Bathroom & sheets did seem clean. Would definitely NOT recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Macbuckeye1313
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stay here annually for a meeting. The location is really great. Otherwise, it's just OK.

I've never had any problem with the staff - they're always very nice.

It is what it is. I've never left thinking, "I'm never coming back" nor have I ever left thinking, "I can't wait to come back."

Room Tip: try for a top floor. For some reason, the aging structure of the building makes those footsteps sou...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Towels were used in my room. Maid only make the bed, thats it. Rooms are cramped dirty and out dated. Would not recommend for the price.staff made no effort to remedy our issues. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank unhappyguest1234
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Our Guest Inn on several occasions. We have always found it to be a wonderful experience. The rooms are immaculate and spacious. The staff is always ready to assist or answer questions about the area. We like the location and the nearby restaurants.
Thank you Our Guest!!! We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family