“Not for the money”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Newark, Ohio
“Not for the money”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Could not sleep in the hard bed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was in need of updating! They just seemed to try to fit a whole lot of furniture in a very small space. So overall the stay was not worth the expense! The location was very good right in the middle of town and the only noise we heard was from the people upstairs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Galbk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cheney, Washington
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We have our choice of where to stay when in Port Clinton during the National Matches at Camp Perry, and we have chosen to stay here twice since going to the Nationals. We will choose to make it a point to stay at this particular hotel for many reasons, however, the most relevant reason will be its location. It is close to many shops, restaurants, the Lake Erie shoreline, and let's not forget the Jet Express for Put-In-Bay or Island hopping. It is also a family friendly hotel, as some rooms have separate rooms for children (information learned from a fellow guest with a child). The staff seem eager to please the guests because whenever I asked for something or wanted something done, they would take care of the matter. Also, they have an on-site Listening Room for live entertainment on variable weekends at a very reasonable rate, with alcohol available for those who like to drink.

Room Tip: Room 409 is a secluded suite with a claw and ball old style bathtub. The first floor in the main bu...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Edi1971
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have always read reviews of hotels prior to deciding where to make a reservation when I travel, but I never took the time to actually write one myself. The reviews of OurGuest Inn & Suites were all over the place, so I was a little nervous after I made the reservation. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The room was cute and clean. The lady at the front desk was very helpful with providing me with an iron, directions, and good conversation. I thought the place was very cute and I would definitely stay there again in the future. We also loved that we could walk over to the Jet Express and could leave our car parked at the hotel.

My only complaint is that the bed was super hard. It didn't matter a whole lot for the one night that we stayed there because we went for a bachelorette party and we only slept for a few hours. However, I'm not sure how many more nights I could have slept on that mattress.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2013

This hotel, if it can be called such, is not worthy of your hard earned money. While every place in Port Clinton during season is over priced this dump is an embarrassment to the hotel industry. Lets start with the room entry door not locking. Push it open with no key, no problem. Management, "oh we are sorry." No toilet paper. Same response from the front desk. Dirty room, bring flip flops to walk around the room, two towels that I would not use to wash and dry my car. Entryway to hotel filthy, entry to second floor rooms filthy, room furniture, bed, shower and sink could not be given away to Goodwill. The good news for ownership it only cost the patron almost $200 on a Saturday night. The bad news for a "guest" is they paid it! Do yourself a favor if you are considering this place, sleep in your car it will be more comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank 466disappointed

Travellers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were looking for a place close to Jet Express, and fairly reasonable. We got both. Girl at the desk was very friendly and helpful with questions about the ferry.
Our room was very simply furnished, nothing special..but honestly, who stays at a place like that for the atmosphere? It is a great place to lay your head and use as a home base for your adventures. They did have the air and fridge on for us upon arrival, but the TV and microwave were unplugged. Glad my husband was able to slide the large dresser out that held everything so we could access the plugs.
I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. I usually cringe a little staying in hotels, but this one made me feel comfortable that I wasn't dwelling in other peoples' germs..well, as few as possible.
Beds were pretty comfortable, but the pillows were TERRIBLE! Woke up with a sore neck both mornings.
Will stay here again..and will bring my own pillow.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohio
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed the night at OurGuest Inn and Suites in Port Clinton, OH several weekends ago. We enjoyed it very much! The location is great, with many thing to see and do within walking distance.The staff there is friendly and helpful. We both remarked about how clean our room was, much cleaner than other hotels we stayed at this year. I cannot speak for other rooms, but ours was not dated or musty. It was very clean and smelled good. An added bonus, one that brought us here to stay, is that there is often live music here in the Listening Room Port Clinton. Not just live music, but GOOD live music! You can get great room specials for the weekends they have live music, which makes for a great outing.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed 27 May 2013

If you are looking for a no frills, decent place to sleep for a night, this is fine. The exterior of the place is deceiving, because the interior rooms are very disappointing. The furnishings were decades old, the wallpaper stained, the carpet worn, and one of the bedspreads had a large cigarette burn hole on the top. Port Clinton can be a heavy duty party place on weekends, and the walls here are quite thin. We heard our neighbors until about 3 a.m. If this place is the best available in Port Clinton, I may sleep in my car next time. On a positive note, the front desk attendant was very nice.

Room Tip: Drive to the Catawba Island/Route 53 area and stay there.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank dskibg
Lynne D, Owner at OurGuest Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Our Catawba location is older than our downtown location but has been updated over the years. We do not have wallpaper but the staining could have been on the walls. This hotel in particular was built with concrete block between the walls and concrete between the floors for noise purposes. I am sorry that given this you still had noise and hope you addressed your concerns with the front desk when this happened. They are trained to take care of these late night issues. The bedspread concerns me and I will be addressing that issue also. Thanks again for our review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Clinton
#10 of 17 in Port Clinton
South Beach Resort Hotel
South Beach Resort Hotel
#2 of 3 in Marblehead

Been to OurGuest Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!