“Very basic and clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Michigan
“Very basic and clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2010

My wife and I stayed in the building behind the lobby in a king smoking room. The room was plain but very clean and inviting. It had all the amenities you would expect, and even a small fridge for extended stays. We walked to the Jet Express just a few blocks away and had dinner and drinks at Put In Bay. Overall a very nice little place to stay in Port Clinton. I would stay again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2009

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for Labor day weekend. It is close to the Miller Ferry, Jet Express, and Kelley's Ferry. When we got to the hotel we were greeted warmly. They gave us $2.00 discount tickets to the Jet express. I reserved a room with outside excess. Well, when we got to our room it wasn't. Then, on top of that we had a handicapped room. The walls were scratched up, the shower stall was built for a handicapped person, which by the way when I took a shower water got everwhere! The bed was hard and the room smelled like smoke. That night I was going to bed and I can hear the people upstairs jumping, talking, banging stuff, and listening to music. The next night I heard them again, I went down to the front desk and told the lady that it is 11 and the people above me are loud. She gave them a warning. Throughout the night (5 times) I went downstairs to complain and she said she would call the police. Well it never happened. Other people were complaining too. At 7:00 am, I heard them again. I went down and complained the lady went back up to talk to them and the other customer service lady was coming in for the morning shift. She asked me how many times did I come down to complain I told her a total of 6 times. Of couse she said she would of called the police after a second time. So as we proceeded to check-out they were just going to charge us for the whole weekend. I asked if we can be compensated for the noisy guests upstairs. She gave me a look and huffed. I said my sis and I got no sleep. I should of not have to come downstairs 6 times because of loud and rude people. She then said she would give us 35 dollars off. I took it of course, but I think they should of given us the room for free.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lolo1981

Travellers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

This is the third time my husband and I have stayed over-night in the Port Clinton area. We kinda know what the motels are like and I start out with very low expectations. This was the best experience we have had in PC...hands down. We stayed on a Sunday/Monday night...first plus, you avoid the Saturday night....ummm....party goers would be a polite way to describe the usual Sat night crowd in PC.

So it was relatively quiet in PC...we were there post Cedar Point...Sunday is a great, low line time we found out!

Room had all of the things others complained about...oh, those darn scuff marks...and all the rest of the blah blah blah...no kidding, compared to where I stayed before, it was a DREAM come true! Quiet, clean bed and bathroom, helpful desk person who pointed us to the 2nd Street Diner for Breakfast...AWESOME!...

The pool is small. Really small. But while watching the kids swim, we also got to watch a softball game across the street and the gorgeous sunset.

The bed was a bit firmer than I like. The garbage is picked up Monday morning at the restaurant next door which woke me up...right back to sleep...no problem.

Wendy's being right next door was great for a late night Frosty.

There is probably no hotel/motel in PC that would hold up to many of the reviewers needs and expectations. Honest. We paid $80 per night for the suite. It was quite a savings from their regular rate.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Wooster
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

This place was a total dump. I have seen better funiture to the curb! Bricks should not be holding up a chair where a leg used to be. There were holes in the walls along with peeling wallpaper. The room smelled horrible and there were stains all over the carpet. The "manager" was never there to hear our compalints and the front desk person was not helpful at all.

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank bwgreek
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2009

I am a little disappointed as I hear children running over my head. My first issue with this place is the black scuff marks on the walls in the room & bathroom. Cleaning people don't see these? My next issue is that there is a coffee maker, but no coffee. I checked the maker basket and low and behold it is the grounds from the last guest!! EWWWW! I called the front desk and was told they have extra items and I can come get them. Thanks, let me rush right down. The room overall is nice, it's on the main drag and the internet is great...just disgusted with other peoples filth.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carry778
Akron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

I was skeptical on staying at this hotel, but it offered the amenities that I had wanted for a romantic night and a fun filled day at Put n Bay. This hotel was awesome....We stayed in the room that has the fireplace and 2 person jacuzzi. The room was extremely clean and very nice just what I was looking for. It was only 2 blocks from the jet express and the hotel gives you a discount coupon for it. The lady at the front desk by the name of Lynn was totally so nice and sweet. I have no idea what these other negative reviews are about. I am extremely picky and have traveled the world and I would definitely stay here again. I absolutely loved this place!

• Liked — 2 person jacuzzi room
  • Disliked — i had no dislikes
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank SunshineAkron
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2008

I wasn't sure about a room that sleeps 6 for under $100 a night. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. My husand and I did not use the pool but our daughter (21) and son (15) did. They said it was nice. We stayed 2 nights and would go back again.

• Liked — close to beach, within walking distance of dining and ferry to island
  • Disliked — not really walking distance to beach, but a short drive
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)