“Great experience!”

Newark, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Captain Brian and first mate, Montie are A #1 in our book! They took us to the right spot, gave us instruction on how to catch those pesky Walleye and helped us get them in the boat! We just wish we would have had more time to go out again - but there's always a next time!

3 Thank jfjacksonNewark_Ohio

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Sassy Sals offered us the charter experience we were looking for. They were professional yet fun and are true fisherman. Would use them again for sure.

1 Thank BBroth33
Cleveland, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Had an awesome time!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I went on this charter for a work event and we had a great time! The captain and first mate were extremely helpful in teaching us all how to fish for walleye! They even helped me bait the hooks. While I didn't catch walleye, I caught multiple perch and a 24.25" sheepshead. Even though it wasn't what we were fishing for, the fish put on a good fight and it was fun!!

This is such a fun affordable activity within North East Ohio. Try it!

Tips: Bring sunblock and a cooler with beverages. We also brought a small portable radio, which just made the trip more entertaining.

1 Thank Laura G
Toledo, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Trip...Good Fishin....”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Went out for the fall of 2012 perch fishing season.

Took my 9 year old son and my step dad out as he was in from Buffalo, NY.

I have been on a two charters in my life (one ocean (Myrtle beach 2013) and one Lake Erie(this one 2012). I own my own boat so this was a trip to allow my step dad to be able to fish out in the lake without to much trouble. He has some leg issue and has crutches to walk.

The crew was excellent and the fishing was good.

Overall I would highly recommend as the crew had safety in mind and took care of us on the ship!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Chris G
Jordan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We booked two spots on a headboat with them a week ahead of our trip. We woke up the morning we were supposed to go fishing and got ready to make the hour and half drive to Port Clinton from where we were staying with family. We arrived on time, 6:30 a.m. and walked into the shop to three people who acted as if we interrupted their conversation. They looked at us after a minute and curtly said "we aren't going out today, too windy." I understand that you cannot take the boat out if it is too windy. My only problem is that they had been there an hour according to their store hours. I can't understand why they were standing around talking rather than calling their customers. I know they had a phone number for us because they asked for it when we reserved a spot. We could have saved hours of driving and alot of gas. Needless to say we will probably try to fish Lake Erie next time we are in the area to see family but it will not be with Sassy Sal.

Visited July 2012