“Aviation”

Liberty Aviation Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Liberty Aviation Museum is a newer "working" museum that opened in July of 2012 at the Erie-Ottawa International Airport (PCW Carl Keller Field) in Port Clinton, Ohio. Our museum consists of our B-25 Mitchell, WWII bomber "Georgie's Gal" built in 1945, recently restored by Aero Trader out of Chino, CA. Ground vehicles include a 1941 Dodge ambulance, 2 Jeeps, German 37mm AA gun, German Horch Truck, German Field Kitchen, German Kubel, 3 BMW Motorcycles, Tiger Tank Replica, Hetzer Tank Replica, Panther Tank Replica (currently undergoing restoration away from the museum), & 2 WWII PT boats under current restoration (The PT-728 Thomcat is currently on display while restoration work is being completed in the museum's new hangar expansion. The sister boat, the PT-724 is currently on display outside by the museum's second hangar. The PT-728 Thomcat will be available for boat experiences when restoration is completed. We have many items that are on rotating display that may not always been on display throughout the year during your visit. Please contact us if you are interested in viewing a specific item. On permanent display within our galleries is the WWII service uniform of actor Clark Gable. The museum also has 3 screen worn uniforms from the actors who played Col. Klink, Col. Hogan, & Sgt. Schultz from the TV show Hogan's Heroes. Also, throughout the year we have many events such as big band hangar dances, Ford Tri-Motor rides, WWII era B-25, B-17, C-47, & AT-6 aircraft rides, Waco Biplane rides, concerts, books signings, car shows, and more. Please visit our website for more information!
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Cute little museum. Loved the old planes. We ate in the diner,. Good food and you can watch the smaller planes take off while you eat.

There are newer reviews for Liberty Aviation Museum

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Small museum, but a lot of cool items! I loved seeing the war vehicles. Make sure to eat at Tin Goose Diner before you leave, it's like a walk into the 1950s!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you like planes, or history, this is a great place to check out. Only like $5 to get in, and you can easily spend a couple hours here.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I flew out to Liberty Aviation Museum to have dinner with my son, Aunt, and Uncle a few months ago. It was a trip specifically to have dinner at the Tin Goose Diner so my family could fly with me and experience the joy I have of flight. I knew we could make it out and have dinner plus visit the museum. Unfortunately for us, I got held up in traffic on the way to the airport and we didn't make it by the time we got the airport during "regular" business hours. The staff for the museum didn't care. They turned the lights on and let us poke around anyways! We were allowed to hang out as long as we wished looking at the airplanes and other awesome stuff they had stashed in their hangar. The staff of the museum and diner are second to none and it's a fantastic experience for anyone to have. Take the whole family, check out awesome WWII (and other era) memorabilia, and have yourself a fantastic dinner/milkshake!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is in my back yard and bring back so many memories, as I flew out of Port Clinton all my life. It is still in the working, but has a lot already. It is very well laid out , has great displays, and provides a lot of info on planes.