“Always Enjoyable”
Review of Cedarlane RV Park

Cedarlane RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Clinton
Cedarlane RV Park
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
“Always Enjoyable”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

My family and I were told about this campground about 4 years ago and decided to give it a try. We have a pop-up and like to be toward the front of the park if at all possible. We have never had an issue at this park and the staff has never been anything other than pleasant with us. We look forward to the camping season so that we can return to OUR paradise! I have and will continue to recommend this park to anyone who is a camper and looking for a GREAT place to camp and of course will return again and again! Thanks for giving us a place to love and look forward to returning to, you are definately doing something right!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Shelly S
Cedarlane, Owner at Cedarlane RV Park, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
We appreciate hearing that you have enjoyed your stays with us! To be referred to as your paradise is extremely humbling; comments such as those are what give us the drive to do even better for you next time. Our team will be pleased to hear that their hard work makes such a difference in your family’s visits. Thank you again!

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sandwich, Illinois
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We have a 35ft motor home and I found the park to easily accomodate us, there was more than enough room and I did not feel like we were too close to our neighbors. When we travel we like to talk to our neighbors and this was an excellent park to do that. We enjoyed our stay very much and if we come through this part of town again would stay here.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank taylankt
Fombell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 October 2010

My boyfriend and I came here in June and didn't have high exceptions at all because we figured a campground or RV park would just be cheap and be a place to rest our head for the weekend in our tent. We just wanted something close to the Ferry to Put In Bay. We were impressed with how organized everything is and loved the convenience of the store and the prices. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful at Cedarlane and so was everyone in the park. Even though we are a young couple, we appreciated the fact that everyone had to be quiet after 11 and no loud parties were going on. It wasn't overcrowded or dirty either and we loved the fact that they had an adult pool since it is a family RV park. It is definitely top notch with a great atmosphere and we will be coming back next summer!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank abergman
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Campsites too crowded! Too many cars per campsite and parked way too close to our trailer (within 5 feet), Not enough space for a screen tent and they don't allow you to put down a rug! Also, fire pits are not in good spots. When having a fire, we were practically sitting next to a neighbors car!! Great idea...an adult only pool! Playground and store looked great. HOT showers and hardly ever a wait. The staff was pleasant and friendly. Suprised to have a golf cart escort to our campsight! If visitng the Bay, this is a great facility! If just relaxing, suggest picking a different campground with larger sites.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ziggy0886
OH
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We rented the Sault St. Marie cabin over this 4th of July weekend. I was concerned when I heard that it would be too crowded because all campsites were filled but it was wonderful! The cabin was short walking distance to the office, pools and play areas. My older son spent his time there playing basketball, making new friends and my younger son loved the pools. The cabin was fairly clean but the most important areas liked the kitchen and bathrooms were immaculate. The pictures on-line fairly represent the cabin we stayed in. The a/c was a wonderful treat as we are mostly tent campers. I also spent time walking around viewing the smaller cabins (beds with small refrigerator/microwave) and the tent-camping areas. There are at least two different tent camping areas in the campground and they look very peaceful and enjoyable. I visited a few of the restrooms and all were very clean.

The office/camp store is well-stocked and we all enjoyed the reasonably-priced Tofts ice cream right there on the premises. There is a lot to do in the area so you won't have a shortage of things to do. Boat storage was available to us and a public ramp is across the street.

We can't wait to go back. Upon departure, we alerted them of two concerns we had with the cabin and before we could even get home, there was a message on our machine explaining measures they have already taken to make sure the next tenants don't have the same problem. I call that incredible service! I felt the staff was amazingly pleasant and helpful. A fellow on a golf cart is always seen escorting new arrivals back to their accomdations or tent sites and checking upon things. Nice to see....

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank justanohmom
Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We camped here twice in 2008 and look forward to returning again in 2009. While we had heard prior to arriving that the campground attendant on the campground was rude, we had no problems. He lead us to our pull-through lot, helped us get our camper lined up, asked us to review the campground rules, asked us if he could do anything for and was on his way. While he was past our site routinely, I took it as a customer service passby and not as an eagle eye on our campsite activity.

Our campsite neighbors we're extremely friendly and even took down our canopy during an unexpected thuderstorm while were sightseeing miles away.

We never had any problems after quiet hours, and were warned by the front desk that the previous night a "bunch of drunks were out of control but won't be bothering anyone tonight." I wouldn't put up with that either.

It seemed very much like a friendly family campground. The kids and wife absolutely loved the pool, food and sprayground.

The dump station was convenient, but I was only aware of one station. However, I didn't have to wait but a few minutes during our stays.

I would definately go again and have already recommended this campground to no less than 15 other couples!!!!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank grandfunkrr
New York, NY
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I've camped for many years and found this campground to be very clean and impressive. We rented a cabin for two nights and had a great time. The cabin was clean, as were the bathrooms and showers. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are four swimming areas consisting of three pools and one waterpark-type facility with buckets that fill and pour on you and water showering you (very cute) kinds of things. One pool is a kiddie pool, one is an adult pool and the third is for everyone. You have to get a bracelet each day before using the pool; this is to ensure that only paying customers use the facilities which, in my opinion, is very reasonable. The park also has a laundry room, although I didn't use it, I did check it out and found it to be clean. There was a MAJOR thunderstorm one of the nights we were there and the park staff was out immediately after the thundering/lightening stopped, while it was still raining, to clear up the tree limbs that fell. I was very impressed by this. There is also wireless internet available for campers' use right behind the store. There are three picnic-type tables under a roof and electrical outlets are available. The wireless internet worked very well.

Additionally, there are numerous interesting places to visit nearby, including the private community of Lakeside and the Marblehead lighthouse; Cedar Point is fairly close, as well. Finally, be sure to stop by Jolly Rogers in Port Clinton for a delicious fish sandwich--YUM!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Best Western Port Clinton
Best Western Port Clinton
#4 of 17 in Port Clinton
Cedar Point's Lighthouse Point

Been to Cedarlane RV Park? Share your experiences!