“I recommend you go elsewhere!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this quality in because it's no longer the comfort inn anymore last night where when I went to check in I had to press a buzzer to apparently wake up the front desk clerk. I finally get my key after 10 minutes I going to my room there's white spots all over a blue carpet got only knows what that is. I did not have a remote control for my TV my air conditioner did not work half the night. The overall experience was horrible and I recommend you do not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank YoYoManDTW
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I called the reservation number about a wk ago and reserved a "lake view" suite. Nothing "suite" about it! My husband and I thought it'd be a great. We walked into a room that was not even close to the pictures they show online. When I called I even asked the man I spoke with. He told me that all the rooms are really nice and had been recently remodeled. For the $$$ we paid, we walked into a room that wasn't lake view. It was straight at the pool so my window stayed closed! Then the walls have cracks all over. The tub had hairs in it & on the ceiling as well. The coffee area was dirty and the actually pot as well. Half of the shower head worked & only 1 of 5 settings on it. When I called front desk to ask why the room wasn't what I booked & its problems there was nothing they could do about it -_- and suggested that I go up front the following morning and ask if I could get a different room but it wasn't guaranteed. I was upset but I learned my lesson. Next time read reviews!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank C-Hawkey86
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Booked a first floor room with roll-in shower over phone for three day get away. Rates were good, location perfect. The room not only had a standard tub, but the 'only' one they had left was on the second floor with no elevator. Complaint process ended with manager yelling on the phone and saying that if I wanted an accomadated room I should have stayed somewhere else.
They have no ADA accomadated room according to manager, dont be mislead. Dead flies from last summer on dirty window sills, filthy worn carpets. Left without staying an hour. And to top it off, they charged my card for three nights. Pictures and deck look good, but in reality they are a mess and havent been cared for in years.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else, this place run by indifferent and hostile people. The property is very run d...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Pingo A
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is rude. The service from the manager is horrible. Beware there is a 48 hour cancelation policy. Even if you call 47 hours before you will be charged . Better off at best western across the street. Customer service is not to be desired.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank cmrmarshall
Reviewed 25 February 2013

For the past 2 winters we have stayed a night in this hotel in February. We had a king room, very clean and comfortable. it has a tub for 2, fridge, microwave, wifi, tv. And the hot breakfast was good too. The front desk provided excellent service. A bargain for about $60. We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Two double beds I a room with no refrigerator. The window had a hole in it large enough to see through. The bathroom could use some work, scape the moldy caulk off and replace with some mold proof stuff. We just needed a place to sleep and shower, and we got that for $60.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 30 November 2012

It's off season so the pickings in the Port Clinton area are slim. The hotel is full of lower echelon construction workers/laborers from some unknown project. This is never a good thing. They come blowing back in at night, loud as possible, slamming doors, standing in the halls yakking on their cell phones, yelling down the hallways, and up until all hours of the night in their rooms laughing, talking loudly, etc. Compounding all this is there does not seem to be any sound insulation between rooms....you can plainly hear every word.
Then there is the TV situation..new flatscreens...but....due to some problem with the system, you only get 7 channels and 2 of them are religion.
Linens were nice, room was very clean, bathroom spotless, nice toiletries, hosekeeping does a great job (and I saw one of the rooms where the workers were staying....TRASHED...so they have their work cut out for them).
If you can sleep through anything and/or are stone deaf, and have an aversion to television this might be the perfect place for you.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business