“Is This the Best You've Got?”
Review of Gooseneck Tavern - CLOSED

Gooseneck Tavern
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were in the Powell area on business and were looking for someplace that was not fast food or a chain and read some favorable reviews of Gooseneck. The decor is OK...kind of a fire house theme with an overlay of kitsch but it was OK and had kind of a dark clubby feel.
The food and drinks however, were below par. My wife ordered a margarita which arrived in a tulip shaped glass that looked like it would have been more at home at the Ohio State Fair and it was filled with something orange that looked more like a screwdriver than a margarita...but it did have salt on the rim. My cajun burger while adequately cooked was ruined by several slices of room temperature, chalky, pepperjack cheese that was neither melted nor fresh. My wife's
reuben was just average and her french fries had obviously been "poured" out of a bag. Can anybody out there cook! The food across the street at City Barbeque is a much better bet!

Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

This is a great little neighborhood pub. Friendly service and really good food. The Turkey Ruben is made with carved, roasted turkey breast - not lunchmeat. It is outstanding. The meatloaf is incredible and the 7 onion soup is delicious.

You can also order light sides like steamed broccoli.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

LOVE Gooseneck. They have THE BEST GREEK NACHOS I've ever had. Their Grilled Cheese is to die for as well... which is why I haven't been there in awhile... their food is all delicious but I haven't found a thing that's healthy on their menu.

I wouldn't change a thing - I just can't go as often!

Reviewed 14 September 2012

We like to head over here when we are in the mood for upscale pub food. For years, we have enjoyed the Greek nachos, bleu cheese burger, buffalo chicken Mac and cheese, and fresh salads with a wide selection of beer and friendly service. Recently, we noticed a change in a couple of menu items that seemed to tale them down a notch - the gyro meat in the Greek nachos and the pasta in the Mac and cheese were noticeably not as good, but the service, atmosphere, and overall value are still true. We probably won't go back with these inconsistencies, but are glad that the Powell area has plenty of good food choices these days, from local, regional, and national players. The Gooseneck's main draw seems to be it's tavern roots, so I think they're true to that. Just not as good as it used to be for some of it's food items. Worth a visit for a good time with friends.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have never been disappointed with any meals here! Their salads are great, large portions! They have a wide variety of items from appetizers, burgers, wraps, salads and so forth. Very decently priced. Always bring out of town friends here for casual meals. Great spot in Powell! Friendly staff! (Especially Ray!)