“Could not ask for more !”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
Bodee's Bungalow Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 17 Put in Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2010

This is way over due and for that I apologize . My husband and crew on our boat does the Mills Race every year. I really am not fond of being up all night racing so I get the trnsport duty of taking gear to the island.
Bodees was like finding a treasure on the Bay. I can not stand the "hotels" on the island ( as a retired cop drunks banging on my door at 3 am gets old fast ) .
This place was quiet , quiet , quiet . I actually got sleep this year . The beds are so comfy. My husband was actually able to sleep after the race which never happens . I had to wake him up just to make the Mills party .
The location is another bonus . Getting to and from our boat was so easy . Close to town without the noise .
Did I mention the breakfast ? Worth the trip alone .

2  Thank bandit2804

Reviewed 10 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at Bodee's Bungalow for a weekend getaway. This B&B was wonderful! Very neat and clean. Breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very friendly and accommodating. Bodee's is in a great location and is within walking distance to most everything. We did use the bikes provided by Bodee's a couple times, which was ideal for some of the farther sites. If we ever travel back to Put In Bay, we would definitely stay at Bodee's again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2009

My wife and I were looking for a little get away as are large vacation wasn't planned until the end of summer. I browsed around for places to stay in put in bay and was glad I stumbled upon Bodee's! I would highly recommend this place to any couple coming to the island because it allows you to be in the middle of it all without being in the middle of it all. The B&B sits just on the edge of down town so it's quite at the B&B but you can head over to town to party at your leisure.

The rooms were all very clean and well decorated. We stayed in the New Orleans room which we enjoyed. At one point we did get to see three of the other rooms as the guests had checked out and the doors were open. All the other rooms we saw were just as good as ours. The house was built to be a bed and breakfast so each room has a spacious private bath and the room amenities are on par with a nice hotel.

During the week, they only serve a continental breakfast (which had me worried because I eat eggs almost every day of the week and enjoy a good breakfast) but don't let that deter you from staying. The continental breakfast is a really good set up - there were hard boiled eggs, cereals, bagels, danishes, english muffins and fresh fruit. The coffee, tea and orange juice were also very good and I can only imagine how the hot breakfast is on weekends. Also based on talking with the owners (Terry and Teressa) they are planning on hopefully doing a hot breakfast all week next year!

The owners are this B&B were very friendly and really cared about making your stay enjoyable. They are both full of good recommendations for entertainment and good restaurants on the island. Upon arrival you are provided with a flyer that includes a map of the island along with different ideas of things to do. They offer bikes that can be borrowed to tour around the island (so you do not have to rent one) and there is a court yard/patio which you can hang out at on the property with other guests. If you are also looking at possibly meeting other friends to hang out with, you will also find those at this B&B as every room seems to be booked most of the summer (book early!).

If you are looking for a nice relaxing stay on the island, Bodee's is it!

2  Thank das0118
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Just returned from a 2 day stay at Bodee's and had a great time. Teresa (and dog Heidi) are wonderful hosts and we had several nice conversations with her about the island and how they started their B&B. We stayed in the St. Martin's room with is part of their newly completed addition. The room was spotless and had a SUPER comfortable bed. Teresa gave us good recommendations as to where to eat on the island (The Boardwalk, Mossbacks, and the Goat), all were fine. She has several bikes available and we rode around the entire island (good biking... very little hills to tackle).

The only item preventing a 5 star rating is that the breakfast is rather simple (cereal/fruit... kind of like what you get at hotels with free breakfast). Again.. we are only comparing to other B&Bs we have stayed at that have gourmet breakfasts. But she does have great coffee!!.

We certainly would recommend Bodee's for a stay on Put In Bay!

1  Thank Doug W
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We stay here two to three times a year and it is one of the main resons we go to the island. Everything you need is there to make even your first trip a good time. Terry and Teresa have become our good friends and we will never stay anywhere else. Randy and Lisa from Cincinnati.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2008

You will not find another B&B like Bodee's.....it is the ultimate in comfort. Everything you need, all the comforts of home (only better!) It is located in a perfect location, close enough to walk to all the action. You will feel welcomed by Teresa, Terry and Hailey ( the cutest pooch ), they treat you like family.....and are great people!! After a long day you can sleep on the most heavenly bed :~) then be treated to a delicious breakfast. I am looking forward to the next visit, you will too!!! Bodee's is the **** BEST ****

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 25 June 2008

Bodee's Bungalow was amazing! We had a great time hanging out at the place and touring the island. The central part of PIB is just footseteps away. Whether you are looking to bar hop or just get some R&R this is a great place. If you are looking for ambiance this is the place for you as each room has a different theme. The owners are exceptionally welcoming and very informative. Not only were they eager to meet our needs they anticipated them as well. Theresa and Terry (owners) along with with Haley (their dog) made us feel comfortable and welcome. The place was extremely clean and almost felt like a home away from home. So if you want to make some good friends and enjoy a little bit of the island life, then check out Bodee's Bungalow!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)