“Admiril Perry Inn”

Island Club
ohio
“Admiril Perry Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

I have read numerous hotel reviews over the years and could read between the lines on some of the petty complaints. But I have to tell you I feel compelled to tell you about the Admiral Perry Inn (affiliated with Island Club rentals) on South Bass Island, OH or Put In Bay as it is called.
A friend rented the house for a week and my wife and I and a few other couples were invited to spend the week.
I don’t know where to begin to tell you what a dump this place is for the $2700.00 fee for the week. By no means are we fussy people. I have to believe none of the “cleaning” deposit was ever put to use. The carpets were absolutely horrid.
It is advertised 4 bath rooms…there are 2.5 and the .5 (sink top) was missing. It had a laminated sign on it. So it has been missing for some time. The one full bathroom does have two shower stalls though. There is only 1 bedroom that has a door on it for privacy.
You called a phone number for your linens and they show up in a cab in a garbage bag. Yes you have to make up your bed the first night. Very few blankets (not enough for all the beds).
Curtains were gone on the upstairs windows, closet doors off standing in the corner. You could not run the coffee maker and microwave at the same time with out blowing a breaker. Very few of the electrical outlets worked. Left over repair items left standing in the corners and in closets.
I could go on and on but my advise would be DO NOT RENT THIS PLACE!
One positive note is the new outside fire ring is nice. It should be because you want to spend as much time as you can outside this place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
6 Thank billieaustin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

Recently I was checking out pictures from this past summer. Me and my college buddies every couple years or so meet up at some location for a get together. We have been doing this for 12 years now. The second weekend in July we decided to go to Put-in-Bay. We booked a place at The Island Club. After taking the Jet Express over we called a taxi and TIMMY! was waiting for us there. Our place was great, spacious and clean. There was a grill which came in handy at 2:30 when we got back from Mr. Ed's!:) We even had a pool inside the Island Club which was tons of fun, BYOB and their was even an impromptu wet t-shirt contest.... niiiiiiiice... The staff was very friendly and helpful, going beyond to provide great service. I would definitely stay here again when I come and visit Put-in-Bay again. And I heard that during the week it is great for families with the caves and monument, golf carts and what not. The rates are much cheaper during the week too!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wally W
Eastlake, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2007

If you plan to sleep at night don't go to the Island Club. The neighbors literally screamed all night. It is private property with a security force that is interested in picking up young girls instead of keeping the peace. It is for drunk out of control immature youth. Yet they advertise for family reunions! The buildings are mouse/? infested. There was tin foil wrapped around the pipe under the sink with mouse poison next to it. You could hear rodents in the ceiling at night. There were mouse droppings in the pots and pans they expected me to cook with. Every utensil in the drawer had dried food on it. The yards were filled with broken glass, bottle caps and rocks. The back steps, two sets rocked back and forth as you walked down them. Drapes missing from bedroom windows and holes in the doors as if they had been punched. I had rented two house.....they were equally disappointing.

Stayed August 2007
South Beach Resort Hotel
South Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 3 in Marblehead
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Island Club? Share your experiences!