This hotel is in downtown Put in Bay, and caters to the Party crowd. If you're used to 4 or 5 star accommodations, you may want to look elsewhere, but the rooms in this hotel are average though a bit small, and clean.
The location is right in the middle of downtown, which means you can walk to restaurants, bars, the docks, and other attractions. A golf cart rental place is next door.
The pool area was redone a couple of years ago, and is pretty nice- a waterfall, swim-up bar, private cabanas, and a main bar. There's usually a DJ during the day crankin' out the tunes.
We held a convention for around 100 people in September, and the hotel's management did a fantastic job making sure everything we asked for was in place! Ed & Jennifer were very accommodating, and I received compliments from many of our guests on how well things went. By the way, we are a group of people ranging from our 50s - 70s.
We reserved Mr Eds (bar/restaurant in the same bldg) for private breakfast Saturday & Sunday mornings, and the rooftop deck for a Saturday morning business meeting and Saturday night dinner, with cash bar & buffet.
Everything was arranged according to plan, and this with an OSU football game on in the bar during the day, which is a busy time for the staff!
We had a chef & a bartender on duty for us at the dinner. The food was very good for the value, I would say above average volume food.
About prices on the island in general- they are higher than you will find on the mainland, but remember, these businesses have a 5-month season. I take it with a grain of salt, knowing I'm in a fun location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have a lot to offer. We are located in the heart of downtown Put in Bay. We are the only Put in Bay hotels on Delaware Ave with a Caribbean style, MIST swim up pool bar with cabana bottle service. We are also proud of Mr. Ed’s Bar and Grille. Mr. Ed’s has become a must needed stop for great food and great entertainment. Known for their tasty wings, burgers, large sandwiches, fresh cut french fries, perch, and wraps. Need to dance? Party the night away in the open air at the Green Room, a dance club atop of Mr. Ed’s Bar. Open Weekends at 10:00pm. Yes! This is true! Commodore Resorts has a Subway Restaurant located in the hotel lobby. Need a golf cart for the day? Ask at the front desk. We have that too. One of the best Put in Bay hotels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Hotel.de so you can book your Commodore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Commodore Hotel Put In Bay
- Commodore Motel Put In Bay
- Commodore Resort Put In Bay, Ohio