“Good location, average to low accomodations”
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The BayShore Resort is one of the most expensive (if not the most expensive) hotel on Put-In-Bay. At almost $300 per night, perhaps its hefty price tag is designed to keep out the younger, wilder crowd. If so, mission accomplished. The crowd there was definitely in the over-30 category.

The rooms look like very standard low budget hotel. Nothing special, nothing offensive. Of note of the nice little patios/balconies they have. Perfect for having an evening drink. Unfortunately, there didn't appear to be any daily maid service, which for $300/night seems ridiculous.

The pool area has decent seating but the pools are strictly standard. The "Tiki Bar" does nothing to evoke a Tiki mood, though the bartenders were exceptionally friendly.

The best part about this hotel is the location. It is a fast and easy walk to the center of all the action, golf cart not required. Even with luggage, it was quick to get there from the ferry.

Would I stay here again? Yes. As they say - Location, Location, Location!

Room Tip: I liked being on the 1st floor - an easy walkout to the pool and bar. Also close to the front desk...
8  Thank Caitlin M

Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

stayed here with my family this june 2012 and we had a fabulous time. reasonable golf cart rental and friendly staff. If you are able to its actually a short walk to downtown. Also next to it is a cute little ice cream/breakfast place. Stay was also reasonably priced. View from the room was beautiful. Will def stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank TSHTraveller
Reviewed 21 August 2012

First of, the rooms are not that great - very pricey and just regular rooms! Almost $300 a night is not worth it at all...great views but that's about it. They are very rude and felt like we were kids and had a sitter all day/night long! We rented a room for 2 nights for a vball tournament.... yes, only 4 people max in a room but I didn't know we weren't allowed to have guests???? We had 2 guys wants to just freshen up before we hit up the bars and they will not even allow them to come up to our room. The security guards stayed outside the whole time and just watching the whole night - very creeepy!! But....we had 2 other friends - which are girls walked in with us and they did not say anything at all!!! Is this some kind of discrimination??? Our guys were going to stay in our car that night to sleep - which is registered to the hotel and they were not even allowed!!!! They have to leave the premises - really?????? The next day after playing 10 hrs of vball, again they were trying to go up to our room to shower so they can go home and catch the ferry - they are not allowed but let the girls in with no problem! We will never stay at this place ever again and I will surely let everyone I know about this hotel. They will be reported to BBB - DISCRIMINATION for sure!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!
9  Thank Chelly P
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I will start by saying that this is not a resort, it's a hotel. This hotel is in a GREAT location. Right on the water. Every room has a good view. The rooms are basic, nothing fancy. For $300 a night I expected a little more, but they were clean and pretty large.The bottom floors have a walk out patio right near the pool, restaurant & bar. The 2nd & 3rd floors have screened in balconies which are also very nice, except they should patch the holes in the screens, we found a few mosquito's that came in through the hole in the screen. The only compliant I have is that you are watched during your entire stay. If I wanted Big Brother watching me all the time I would apply for the TV show. They state their rules up front, no outside alcohol, no smoking in the rooms, etc and believe me they enforce them. We witnessed a couple get thrown out our first day because the guy smoked a cigarette in the room, no warning, nothing, kicked out. For me the worst part was the big deal they made of it. Security stood outside the fence of the pool area staring at all of us in the pool. That was uncomfortable! Then he finally came over and yelled the room number and ask the guy if he had smoked in the room. The guy said yeah, I'm sorry I did. (how did they know he did so soon?) Within a minute or two a couple of police officers showed up and took him away and then came back out and announced to the lady he was with that she needed to get out of the pool they were being evicted. So these people were fined AND evicted. I understand that rules were broken, but really did it need to be discussed and taken care of in public? With the police!? Then there was a man with a radio playing music at the pool. Not terribly loud, some people were even asking him to turn it up, but he was keeping it at a decent sound level. Everyone seemed to be fine with it. At any other "resort" I've ever been to the resort provided music at the pool, but not this one, so he was playing his own. Wasn't my normal type of music, but it wasn't hurting anyone and it was better than silence. Security made him turn it off. Really? The people staying below us were in trouble with security for having outside alcohol. I'm not sure if they were thrown out, but we could hear security loudly speaking with them below us. After seeing all of this, we tried to spend as much time as possible away from the hotel. Didn't want to take the chance of doing something wrong, plus feeling watched all the time is creepy! I hate to spend that much money on a room and then not want to hang out at the hotel at all. Could have gotten a much cheaper room if I had known we weren't going to spend any time at the hotel. This is a decent hotel, the room is only basic but it is probably the best location on the island. Just keep in mind that your paying $300 a night on an island that is known for winery's but you won't be able to purchase any wine at them because you can't bring it back to the hotel.

8  Thank helln72
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Stayed ay the Bayshore for a short anniversary weekday stay on the island. Booked a King Suite, mainly because that was all they had left. Nice size room, clean with a great view. But a bit pricey, especially considering we only spent a few hours actually in the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms offer balcony with screen so you can sleep with the sliding door open to catch a nice breeze. Only problem is you can hear the neighbors conversations on their balconies. Heard a very loud midnight conversation / argument from two ladies about the Cleveland Indians for about two hours and then shut my door.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor for screened in balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ron R
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned from another amazing weekend at the Bayshore Resort. This is the ONLY place to stay on the Island if you are looking for a fun, relaxing weekend with friends or just as a couple. My wife and I have stayed her every year since it has opened and have NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED! Rooms are clean, view is spectacular, staff amazing, especially Andrea in the Tiki Bar who remembers us from year to year. Restaurant is fine and the Tiki Bar drink prices are very fair....hot tub is a lifesavaer when the weather gets a little iffy! This is a great place for adults or kids; not a wild place for the 25 and under crowd but a great place for all ages. How do you know? Because year after year, the same people keep coming back to the Bayshore, because they know its the Best Place to Stay at the Bay! Thank you Bayshore for making another great PIB weekend for us! See you in 2013!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the entire resort!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank z0nebuster13
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at this resort and felt compelled to tell others our perspective. All of the staff in the hotel were informative, friendly ,and intent on making sure all the guests enjoyed their holiday there.
The rooms were nothing special in a decorative sense. However the room was very clean, large, and each room overlooked the lake ,pool, and tiki bar. The view from the large screened in balcony were incredible and serene.
I especially enjoyed the lack of noise in the rooms and the close proximity to downtown Put In Bay.
The hotel does have a strict no outside alcohol allowed in policy. We were told the policy at reservation. We had no big brother problems others mentioned. Our cooler was searched as expected and we are elderly so no favoritism there.
There is a restraunt on the premises that serves breakfast,lunch, and dinner. We had breakfast both days and found it decent. The waitress had a thick foreign accent .She was professional yet a bit on the cold side. I chalked it up to this perhaps not being her home country.
There is a large hot tub, and 2 pools. It was too cold for us to enjoy however they were well cared for.
if we return to Put In Bay we will definitely stay here!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
#7 of 7 in Put in Bay
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!