“Nicest place yet!!”
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed 8 August 2008

We have been coming to PIB for the last 6 summers for a girls get away...after staying all over the island..we tried the BayShore. We were so pleased..It was close enough to walk to the nite life..but far enough away to be nice and peaceful. The resort is clean and one of the nicest places we have stayed. The view from the pool area and Tiki bar was awesome, and the staff was VERY VERY nice and professional. The waitress at the tiki bar gave us the best service we got on the island. We have found our place to stay...from now on it will be at the Bay Shore...

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 August 2008

We stayed at the Bay Shore for our annual girls get away, August 3rd thru the 8th. This place was the best one we've ever stayed at. We've been going to PIB for the last 6 years for the Regatta and stayed at 3 other hotels. The view was beautiful. The rooms and lobby were so clean and the staff was wonderful. The bartender at the Tiki bar was sooooooo happy, even when the place got busy. She was running around like a track star! The only thing we didn't like was our golf cart but who cares about that. It got us to where we wanted to go. We are definitely going to stay here again for year 7 get together.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank PIBROCKS
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Positives:
* Room was clean
* Nice bathroom/shower
* Quiet--not a lot of noise
* Nice Pool
* Great jacuzzi
* FABULOUS seafood bisque at their restaurant--the Waterfront

Negatives:
* Told them when we booked the room it was our honeymoon...no "congratulations" note or anything in our room upon arrival.
* Very expensive, for no apparent reason
* Rooms are nothing special, especially considering the price
* No ironing board
* No refrigerator
* Only 3 pillows on king sized bed, and told us they were out of extra ones---I wonder why
* Front desk acted like we were an inconvenience
* Restaurant separate from hotel, which made the hotel feel dead with not much positive energy
* Mattress was worn out and uncomfortable
* Asked the front desk where we could go for breakfast, they knew nothing...said they "thought" there were a couple of restaurants downtown, but knew nothing specific...no real interest in providing either service or information.

Would not stay there again...too much money, too little value. Would opt for a bed and breakfast next time.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Honeymooner7408
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend at the Bayshore resort. I was a bit concerned about some of the reviews I read regarding rude staff and security but found none of this to be true. Everyone from the front desk, restaurant staff and owners were extrodinarily nice and helpful and we never saw a security guard.
At breakfast our last day, we noticed that the owners were helping in the restaurant due to the short staff now that college help is back in school. Pam, took the time to talk with us about the hotel and their life on the island and made us feel very welcome.
The hotel was in emaculate condition and very clean. We loved the large rooms and bathrooms with large custom showers. This hotel was nicer than many of the resorts we have stayed in Vegas.
The location is absolutely wonderful. It is two blocks from downtown and right on the lake with fabulous views. I think Pam and Greg have a gold mine here.
We were also impressed that the woman at the front desk never pushed us to rent a golf cart and as it turned out, we never really needed one.
My wife and I had a wonderful weekend at the Bayshore and look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DaveandWendy
Reviewed 18 September 2007

Just returned from 3 night stay at the Bayshore resort and found it to be one of the nicest places we've been. Property and rooms are spotless, and the staff is helpful and friendly. Location is walking distance to town, where there are LOTS of bars and restaurants. Boardwalk complex is a new addition to waterfront and has a really good food and indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the harbour. Pools and large hot tub at the hotel are right on the water and there is a Tiki bar there too. Screened in balconies in all second and third floor rooms have a great view of the water. Restaurant on site has decent food at reasonable prices; the menu is somewhat limited so you might want to walk to town for more variety. They discourage bringing alcohol on to property (they even check your coolers). No room service available if that's important to you. (Coffee pot in room). This property is not the Ritz, but it's the very best place to stay on the island.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank skipus
Reviewed 2 September 2007

My fiance' and I stayed at the Bay Shore on a Sunday and Monday night. (Aug. 26& Aug. 27) I must say that I really wasnt expecting to find more than a place to sleep for a couple of nights, but I couldnt have been more wrong. As soon as we entered our room on the third floor, and took a look out from our screened in balcony, we fell in love! Let me tell you, there is nothing like waking up in the morning and looking out on Lake Erie while still in bed! I had read the reviews on here prior to making the reservations, and I admit that a few of the things I read raised red flags, but I am glad that I "took a chance" and booked our room at the Bay Shore anyway. While it is true that you are discouraged from bringing in outside alcohol, you are more than welcome to purchase alcohol at the Tiki Bar and take it up to your room. I do have to say that you will pay slightly more for your libations this way, but it was in no way exorbitant. We had the good fortune of meeting the owners at the Tiki bar on our first night, and we found them to be very friendly, accomodating, helpful, and to be honest , a lot of fun! Pam and Greg gave us some excellent pointers on bars to check out, and things to do while we were on the island. (Thanks Guys!) If you are looking for a hotel with a party atmosphere, with people coming and going at all times, this may not be the place for you. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, with a BEAUTIFUL view, and friendly staff, this is the perfect place for you. Plus the bar tender at the Tiki bar is GREAT! (Thanks Andrew!!) Also contrary to a few of the reviews I read on here, I did not notice an obtrusive security presence. There were no roving bands of security guards patting you down, or kicking down your door, nor did I notice an overabundance of security cameras. Quite frankly, this was just a very enjoyable place to stay, with a great view, nice amenities, and friendly staff. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic place to stay on the island, look no further than the Bay Shore! If you are looking for a non stop party atmosphere, stay elsewhere. Although I will admit that we did our fair share of the party scene, and still have no complaints! Honestly, I will be back. Soon, and Often!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank richprp
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We booked a two night stay ($165 each night) on a quiet weekday (Tuesday & Wednesday), the hotel is very nice, the staff was friendly, good restaurant, pool and Tiki bar. It is close to downtown, but we chose to rent a golf cart for $55 each day.

The property is somewhat plain, the grass and grounds could use some flowers and TLC. The recently built restaurant is not marked by any signage.

While our room had a beautiful view of the pool and Lake Erie it was so hot on the screened porch due to the
(noisy) airconditioner expelling heat plus the sun out of the east made it all but impossible to sit out even in the morning and evening. But it was August and near record temps.

The bed (room 336) had a mattress cover that needed replaced, it felt like paper or cardboard that had wrinkled.

All in all, its a fun place to visit, you feel like you are in Key West.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
#7 of 7 in Put in Bay
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!