BayShore Resort
Edgewater Hotel(Put in Bay)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$167
US$163
Commodore Resort(Put in Bay)
US$179
US$242
Hotels.com
Victory Station Hotel(Put in Bay)(Great Value!)
US$192
Bird's Nest Resort(Put in Bay)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
Bay Lodging Resort(Put in Bay)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$138
US$222
Put-in-Bay Condos(Put in Bay)
TripAdvisor
Park Hotel(Put in Bay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbay shorehot tubplace to staylake eriescreened in porchrooms facetiki bar and restaurantfirst floorrent a golf cartkeep coming backcan't wait to go backhave a good timepoolsbalconiespibislandfun
Reviewed 2 June 2014

To me this is the best hotel on the island because the second and third level rooms have a great view of the lake from their screened in balcony and you can easily walk to town.
Alcohol is not allowed in the room, hence no party like atmosphere and it is quiet at night.
Yes the rooms are definitely dated, old TV's and a weird bedspread, but this is PIB and we weren't there to hang out in the room.
A gentleman cleaning the pool and hot tub each morning we were there.
Golf cart rental was inexpensive for hotel guests.
I would not eat at their restaurant as so many other better places to eat on the island.

Room Tip: Second or third level with a screened balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jodi D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were in PIB for Memorial Day weekend. We had stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago and liked it. We liked it this time too but there were some annoying instances during our stay. First of all, security is at the front door. While T.J The security person was very friendly and helpful, the no alcohol policy is ridiculous. You are not allowed to bring any alcohol in and coolers are searched. They do have a really nice bar at the pool but the bar closes around 10 pm so after 10' there is no access to alcohol in the building if one wanted to drink. The pools are very nice but close right at 10 and they are very strict about this policy. The lights on the pool are very pretty for a couple of hours at night. Those are turned off around 11 and the property although patrolled very thoroughly by 2 security guards, it is dark at night in the front and back of building. This property feels safe though and it is perfectly located within walking distance of all the action but very calm and quiet. One thing that I am perplexed and extremely annoyed about is the comment that the front desk guy made to me on the morning of our checkout. We had voluntarily skipped room service the day before so we didn't have any coffee packets for the automatic coffee maker in the room so I called front desk and asked for 3 packs of coffee. These are very small coffees pots, btw. His comment to me was, "ewww wow! OK." I was very shocked at his comment so I called back to verify that I meant just 3 small packets of coffee and he said" yes, yes, yes." This was poor customer service, rude and extremely annoying. I should have confronted him at checkout and wish I would have but itn seemed petty at that time.,Is asking for 3 packets really that outrageous when the pots are small? I like strong coffee and everyone knows that hotel room coffee is usually weak when you use one package. We had called the night before to get some coffee packs from front desk but told that the front desk didn't have access to the coffee packets at night, to call in the morning. In every other hotel I have stayed in, they are able to get housekeeping items at night from desk desk. The positives of this hotel is the beautiful view, nice balconies and clean rooms. They need to update to flat screen t.v.'s. kudos to T.J. From security. Even though he has to search coolers and enforce the rules, he was more helpful than the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Betsy A
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After reviewing the comments left by Carol C. I will have to agree with nearly all of what she has posted, going to Put In Bay you understand before hand that this is a summer tourist town and they WILL make their money when they can, where they can and the lodging is no exception, so with that in mind, I will not repeat what has already been posted or described.

During our two night stay we did have a few issues of concern, while nothing extreme, there were still some issues that should be noted.

Check In: It was my intention to pay cash for our entire stay as we did not want to place undue charges on our credit card, however we were advised that the hotel would not refund or credit our first night's deposit stating the owner / manager will not approve any such transaction unless it is a "valid or legitimate" request and also because it "costs the hotel to conduct this transaction".

Sorry, as a guest who is paying the nightly prices that they are charging I feel I am entitled to handle my funds as I see fit, not the hotel. While I understand the need for a deposit to hold the room, my request was not unreasonable and the refusal to honor it did not sit well with me...simply never heard of anyone refusing cash as a payment...

Security: Immediately upon entering the hotel we were approached by hotel security advising us of a cooler inspection stating Ohio code does not allow for patrons to bring any alcohol onto the property.

Please know that we are a slightly older couple that were at the hotel for our 28th wedding anniversary, and did not give the appearance of those who were really looking to "let loose" for the weekend as many visiting the island do. While the possibility that Ohio "could" have such an ordinance that "may" exist I do not recall ever encountering such an ordinance or law in any hotel I have ever stayed at and question how they could restrict an adult from enjoying a beverage in their own room that they have personally brought?

Funny, the two Ohio police officers we met also advised that they were unaware of such an ordinance or law in their own state, I wonder if this has been developed to curtail excessive drinking (understandable) and restrict the purchase of alcohol to the hotel's inflated bar prices?

My concern as well is the manner in which security handles situations such as this, as a retired law enforcement officer it is how you handle your encounters with the public which will determine the final outcome.

Our room was "fairly" clean, and as reported earlier, not lavish or well appointed by any means. While again you have to accept the fact well in advance of where you are going and what the cost will be, it still however stings to know that you are paying excessive rates for what would normally be a fine hotel and this is certainly not.

Could our room have been cleaner, absolutely, again especially at the nightly rate they are charging.

Security: patio door would not lock, at least we were on the 2nd floor.

Over all it was a nice trip, just expensive.

Room Tip: Rooms face the lake and have a beautiful view...I would recommend the 2nd or 3rd floor for noise reasons.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DANIEL F
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A lot has been written about the Bayshore and, having stayed there for several years, I agree with most of it. The location is, indeed, perfect. Close enough to town, overloooking the lake, with 2 pools, a hot tub, a tiki bar and restaurant all on site. That is what you pay for. The rooms are not luxurious by any means, but some of the criticisms we have had in the past, which have been echoed by other readers, seem to have improved. The rate, of course, has not been reduced, but the front desk staff on our recent visit was very cheerful & helpful, not surly as we encountered in the past. We had a king room and our mattress was quite acceptable, not awful as in other years. The lobby area and restaurant were very clean and attractive. On the down side, the pool towels were ridiculously small and the bath towels in the room were thin and worn. But - we had fun!

Room Tip: We enjoy the first floor with patio doors leading right out to the grounds.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was for a Boy Scout weekend while the boys were under the monument in tents, we decided to be close to the center of it all and still have a place to unwind in a quiet area.
The staff was friendly. They had a security guard manning the entrance which is good since we don't drink and didn't pay to be in a party resort with a bunch of drunks.
The room was on the second floor. Good view of lake and it was screened in so the bugs did not get us.
The queen beds were ok. The bathroom was large and clean. The TV was old and no ESPN. Hmm... maybe they can pay the extra charge and offer to the rooms? No big deal, wasn't there to watch TV anyway.
Glad we chose this after driving through the back area behind the strip. Loud and full of drunks. I was a part of that when I was young but now want to be away from it. This place was the ticket

Room Tip: Turn off the AC when sitting on the back porch so you can have conversation.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends