“What A Wonderful Time!!”
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed 14 July 2009

OMGosh!!! What a wonderful place to stay! The rooms are very nice and clean! The pools are so relaxing and GREAT for kids, along with the hot tub!! And with the bar right close by, soooo convenient! The view was beautiful!! Being righ on the lake was just what we wanted and away from the main street crowd. I cannot say enough good about th BayShore Resort! Our first stay, but definitely not our last! See you next year!! (if not sooner).

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HotGrammy

Reviewed 15 June 2009

We just returned from a trip to the Bay. Their were 18 friends and family.
We were treated very well. The staff was friendly and accommodating
We have visited the island for years and have stayed at other establishments and rental homes. I have to say this was the best stay I have had in a long time. Other places are good for the partiers but this hotel is just what I wanted. We had children from 2 to 14 and adults from 23 to 56. Yes as stated in other reviews, the beds are hard but I haven't stayed anywhere on the island that has a comfortable bed like mine.
I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank jenb813
Reviewed 4 June 2009

The lake view was nice and the rooms were clean. Breakfast was a greasy mess for almost $10.00 for a simple bacon and eggs! Front desk girls acted like they were annoyed to be working.
Hotel allows NO ALCOHOL in rooms but has a tiki bar that you can purchase expensive drinks from. During our stay a few groups of us went to the EMPTY tiki bar to watch the Stanley cup play off's and when we asked the bartender to turn the game on one of their two televisions, she informed us that she was watching her Ohio team sports!!! Finally she turned one T.V. on with the game with no volume!
I would assume that most people who stay here are not from Ohio? Would never stay here again and would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank rbfamily
Reviewed 7 March 2009

This past June me and some of my girlfriends decided to head to Put-in-Bay during the weekend of June 13-15. Our group consists of 36-42 year old professional women who exhibit great pride and class. However, it felt like Prohibition at the Bayshore, and we were treated like vagrants or drunks. The perils started right from our check-in. We were excited for our trip, and took the Jet Express over to PIB. What a ride? However, when we arrived at the Bayshore our outlook for the weekend changed. The front desk staff treated us so poorly that I soon forgot that we were here to relax and be catered to. Instead the receptionist coldly asked us for our information, and proceeded to look up our room. No smiles, no welcome to Put-in-Bay... We were informed that the suites we had requested were not available and that we would have to move. Not the biggest deal in the world except for the Bayshore staff didn't even apologize for the mix-up. As we were standing in lobby we noticed the security guard eyeing us intently. We are not big time partiers, nor do we appear to be a potential problem. Stil, this creepy guard eyed us down. Soon he came over and asked my girlfriend to open her bag. We looked at each other in amazement! A shakedown? We resisted at first, but the rent-a-cop said it looked like there was a bottle in her bag. At the Bayshore they provide a sub-par room at a ridiculous price and alcohol is not permitted in the room. Yes, you read correctly. You are at Put-in-Bay, Disneyland for Drunks, and you can't have alcohol in your room. Even if you visit the winery and support the local economy, they will confiscate your bottle(s) of wine! My girlfriend opened her bag and pulled out a bottle of Herbal Essences conditioner!! Yea, we were going to get wasted and destroy the room with that. Puh! Even after the security guards hassled us for no reason, they continued to scope us out everytime we came to and from the Bayshore. What an invasion of privacy! I can understand they want to protect their cheaply put together hotel, but c'mon I have rights too! I would never again stay here. The price, quality of rooms and creepy security guards make this an absolute waste. We checked out some other hotels while we vacationed, and they seemed much more of a value, and you could actually enjoy a glass of wine in your room! Wow! Geesh, I felt like a kid in college with the RA taking my booze. Don't cut your Put-in-Bay trip short, and stay somewhere besides here!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
10  Thank Wally W
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Let me start off by saying the view was great. This is the only hotel that is Lakefront. Other than that, there is no reason to pay the extremely high rate. There are many other hotels on the Island for a much cheaper rate. But I knew what the rate was going in, so I wanted to see if this hotel is worth it and now that it is out of my system, I'll stay at one of the other lower end hotels.

For the price paid, the hotel DIDN'T have: extra pillows, extra blankets, note pad/pen, some kind of information (about the hotel, about the restaurant, about the Island). None of that existed.
What the hotel DOES have are rude check-in people (not even a thank-you upon departure), crappy TV stations, and most annoying of all.....gestapo security !!! I'm 50 and I'm not a college partier. I felt like I was a prisoner in the Hotel of Prohibition. Do I really need a security guard looking at any package brought in to this place? If I want to patronize the Island's winery and bring a bottle back with me, it shouldn't be confiscated !!! Why should I feel guilty about doing nothing wrong? The place was dead as I could understand with the out-of-control rates and the lack of any ammenities. Pool was closed in early October eventhough this particular weekend was really warm and the pool was not covered. Restaurant was also closed so I can't comment on that.

Unless you're an old fart with lots of disposable income, do yourself a favor, forgo the view and stay someplace where you feel welcome, are treated like a guest and not a criminal and don't have to feel like you're under constant surveillance.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Markymarkohio
Reviewed 24 September 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Bayshore Resort for 2 nights. We were really pleased with our stay. We had a Jacuzzi room on the 1st floor with a walkout private patio. The view was incredible. The pools and outdoor jacuzzi is right outside your patio door. The Tiki Bar was also right outside our patio door. WIthin 10 ft. of the pool and Tiki Bar is the Lake. The layout is fabulous. The room was very clean and nice. We were treated great by the staff and manager. We had a death in the family which forced us to leave early and the manager gave us a full refund. This is by far the nicest hotel on Put-In-Bay. We will go back. You will not beat the view and Bayshore is the ONLY hotel located right on the lake.
Very happy with the service!!!
Jim and Kathy O. (Canton, Ohio)

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Let me start with saying that this is not the first time we have stayed at this hotel, however the views really are the best on the island and thats the whole point right? Had issues with the room once again the bed is as hard as a rock, we had to use blankets, bed covers etc to try to make it comfortable enough to sleep on , thank goodness for the hot tub because you will need it after sleeping on those beds (by the way we are physically fit without back problems). Had a toilet that didn't flush properly. The maids answer? Put the lid down and do nothing, by the way we left tips daily for housekeeping and still got terrible service. So in short the staff and front desk arn't very accomadating or helpful, the room is ok at best, but you do have a nice pool and view. Would I stay again?Yes but I know going in ...at PIB short of a B&B you arn't going to get any better...doesn't make this great, just the best of what there is to pick from.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank buckeyetravelgirl214
Park Hotel
#6 of 7 in Put in Bay
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!