“Absolutely the best place to stay in Put-in-Bay.”
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely the best place to stay in Put-in-Bay.”
Reviewed 16 July 2010

After reading some of the other reviews I was a little apprehensive, but after staying at Bay Shore Resorts I found it to be exactly what my husband and I were looking for. It is a clean, friendly, family oriented place to get away for a few days of quiet relaxation. I found the staff to be quite friendly and accomodating. Our suite was quite large and very clean. The bed was not overly comfortable but it was adequate. We were not bothered at all by any kind of security inspections or questions. All of their policies are clearly stated and in the best interest of keeping a quiet family oriented environment. I did not see any other hoel on the island where I would consider staying and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bluesadie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Wiltshire UK
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My Husband and I stayed at the bayshore for 3 nights in the first week of July to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
From the off we were not impressed.
The check in staff were not very friendly or welcoming and gave no information about the hoel etc. We were very shocked by thier attitude which was quite rude. Thankfully after a change of shift the other staff we met were more polite.
The two pools are a lot smaller than you are led to believe from the website
We paid $175 per night.The weekend rate was $275. This is ROOM ONLY. You don't even get a piece of toast thrown in!
I appreciate everything is more expensive at Put-In-Bay but I do not think it is worth $175 per night let alone $275
The pool, pool bar and resturant are open to the public. My advice would be save your money and go elsewhere without a pool and visit BayShore for a dip!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slimlinegandt

Travellers are raving about these Put in Bay hotels

ironton, oh
Reviewed 1 June 2010

When I read the reviews I was shocked! How hard must those people be to please?

Was it a 5-star plush and elegant resort? Of course not, this is Put In Bay, Ohio people. But the staff was very friendly, rooms were just fine (clean and bathrooms surprisingly nice/updated, large screened in balcony with beautiful view!), the grounds were very nicely landscaped, the pool was refreshing, the bar and restaurant were convenient and prices were very reasonable.

We lucked out and had the most beautiful and warm Memorial Day weekend in Put-In-Bay. My girlfriends and I are in our mid-twenties and we wanted to go out at night (distance to all the action is definitely walkable but for us in our high heels it was more convenient to take a taxi for $3 each), but during the day we wanted to soak up the sun and relax. And the BayShore had the perfect atmosphere for relaxing, as well as the most spectacular view. So it wasn't wild and crazy like some of the other hotels we saw (THANKFULLY), but we could still sip Pina Coladas while we enjoyed the sun and pool!

I just can't imagine any other of the hotels competing with the BayShore because of their location and views. We had a spectacular weekend, and the BayShore was GREAT!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank natkay02
fort wayne In
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Was going to stay at this hotel with girlfriends. Looks like a really fun, relaxing hotel from the outside but I soon found out otherwise. After finding out we could not bring our own alchohol drinks we gave it a second thought. Then we began reading reviews on the hotel and found out the hotel staff and security stalk your every move to make sure you are not having fun!!!!!!!!! When I called to cancel our reservation, the extremely rude lady on the phone told me I was going to be charged 20 dollars even though I made my reservation just 5 days before I called and gave them 30 day notice. Crazy!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank asurine
ohio
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I was worried about choosing the Bayshore after reading reviews. We loved the resort. All rooms have a lake front view. Our room was a standard room and it was large. The bathroom was huge, with a glassed in shower. We had a great patio. All balonies were screened in and everyroom overlooks the lake, pool and tiki bar and resteraunt. We rented a golf cart at the hotel. The staff was great, giving us recommendations for the area. WE were about a 4 minute drive from Miller ferry. You could walk to the area shops in 3 minutes. The only down side was , we wanted to stay a 2nd. night and they were booked up. We will stay here again when we come back to Put-In-Bay, This is a great hotel . I am so glad we didn't stay uptown. Those hotels were filled with what looked like high school kids hanging everywhere. We ate dinner here also and it was great. We were given recommendations for the dining here from others around the island.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
clevelamd
Reviewed 25 March 2010

We stayed on second floor in a suite due to my daughter being handicapped. The room was spacious, so we had plenty of room for her medical supplies and wheelchair. The room was spotless. The only thing that I didn't like was the view of the balcony was the restuarant. But that's just where the room was situated. I plan on coming back this summer or fall. But will get a 1rst floor. In case the lights go out again, hard to get a wheelchair down stairs. This is a beautiful place to stay. The people were friendly! I felt safe and secure there.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
akron, ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2009

This was our third year in a row to stay at the Bayshore Resort. We have always had a great time and have never had any problems. We have always gone during the week and always request a room on the first floor sice it it easier to get to the pool and tiki bar. The rooms on the second and third floor all have screened in balconies which would be a real plus during the may flies season. I have never been questioned at check in and have always been treated very nicley during all of my visits.
It is a short walk to downtown, jet skiis can be rented next door and golf carts rented at the front desk. The view of Lake Erie can not be beat.
We will be back again next year.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Edgewater Hotel
Edgewater Hotel
#6 of 7 in Put in Bay
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!