“Absolutely enjoyed BayShore!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Ohio
“Absolutely enjoyed BayShore!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

Since I used this site to decide what hotel I wanted to stay at I thought that it was only fair that I posted my experience here. After reading reviews about all the hotels on the island we decided to stay at BayShore Resort. I called to make my reservation and I booked a lakefront room with 2 queen beds. I was told of the cancellation policy and of the deposit I needed to place. No problem. Was also told they had plenty of parking there and golf cart rentals available to rent at the front desk.
We booked for 3 nights from July 24-27. Ferry ride to the island was pleasant. When we arrived at the hotel check -in went quick and smooth. We had some questions about the island and the front desk workers were more the willing to answer them and even provided us with a map of the island. We found our room to be very clean and spacious. My wife loved the custom shower and we both loved the screened in balcony overlooking the pools and lake. We had cocktails at the tiki bar and found the bartender Andrea a joy to talk with. She was also very informative about the island and told us of some good places to eat and entertainment to see. The pools were some of the cleanest I have ever seen and the whrlpool spa on the lake was perfect for us to relax and hang out with the other guests. We tried the new restaurant for dinner one night and the food was DELICIOUS and at a very reasonable price. (Try the Tuscon Chicken!) We also saw people eating lunch out by the pool one day but we did not eat lunch there. Over all we had a great stay here and will for sure be heading back next year. Hope this helps you in making your decision of where to stay at Put-in-Bay.

• Liked — The room and being right on the lake.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jtanner57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2007

After reading all of the "security" reviews, we were not sure what to expect. We are in our mid-twenties and still like to have a good time, but we certainly have our limits. This hotel was great and one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon and stayed until Friday afternoon. We did not see a single security person eyeing us. We were able to have a blast and go back to a very clean room. The pool/bar area is very nice as well and there is a great view from every room! We plan to go back and would reccomend this hotel to anyone. We will definitely go back on a week night again as the same room costs $100 more on the weekends.

• Liked — It was very clean, quiet, and had a great view
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie K
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

Our group rented 3 rooms for the weekend and aside from the nice view, my husband and I were quite disappointed. The staff was not very friendly and the security guard made us feel like we were criminals. There are security cameras EVERYWHERE, which in most places would be welcomed, but they have gone too far. I understand they do not want loud parties and such, but as a middle-aged adult, I felt I had no privacy. They checked our cooler upon check in to see if we had alcohol. There was none, but if I wanted to have a beer in the privacy of the room i paid for I couldnt, unless I bought from their bar. I paid enough for the room. They even confiscated our friend's bottle of wine, after we returned from our tour of the winery. They saw them carry it down the hall on the cameras and the security guard actually came and knocked on their door and asked for it. We had no car on the island to store it in. We will NEVER stay at this "resort" again. There is a difference between tight security and invasion of privacy.

• Liked — view
  • Disliked — security toooo tight
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank ln121768

Travellers are raving about these Put in Bay hotels

NW Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2007

Overall a nice experience at Bayshore! Glad we were prepared by knowing beforehand about their rather odd policies on deposits, and being charged in full on checkin with no refunds. Had a few minor issues and questions during our stay, front desk staff seemed uncaring and snooty. One dark haired, younger girl especially so, but service was marginally better after we were sure to avoid her. Bar staff was friendly. Room was very clean, nice large bathrooms, they've started closing the pool at 9 because of mayflys (there were none on our visit, Jul 1-3). Very quiet and peaceful during our mid-week stay.

Basically loved everything about the hotel except the front desk staff...get past them and you're home free!

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness, Quietness
  • Disliked — Front Desk Staff, Odd Policies
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank penguinnet
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2007

We have been going to PIB regularly for over 20 years. Yes, we used to go for the bars and party atmosphere, and stayed in many different hotels. Now we're older, don't party, and want to take our kids to the island with us. (week days only!) This is the only hotel that is truly making an effort to attract a more upscale, family oriented guest. We appreciated the security being in place-the security guard is only there on weekends to control the people who try to break the rules. It's stated everywhere on their website that there's no alcohol allowed to be brought on property. (this is now normal for many other PIB hotels too) It's also made extremely clear when you book the room, but guests show up with cases anyway! (they're confiscated.) What hotel doesn't make you pay at check in? Other reviewers-get real! It's stated on their web site, and when you call them. All guests must be listed at check-in, which ensures no parties or bar pick ups wander in. We found the front desk extremely helpful & pleasant, but yes, strict about the rules. This is our second year staying at the Bay Shore, and our rooms have had the most gorgeous views, spotless & spacious rooms, comfy beds, awesome screened balconies,& wonderful soundproof walls!!! The new restaurant will be nice when they get the kinks worked out. If you want to be loud, rude, drunk, and inconsiderate of offending others DON'T stay here! Go downtown to Mr. Ed's, or one of the many party hotels. We don't want our kids exposed to that behavior. BUT if you want great views, great pools, management who cares about you and your kids--this is the place for you. PIB is trying to make itself more family friendly with its new amusement park right across the street, and this hotel is awesome for aspiring for the same thing. Thanks BayShore! By the way, I found the bartender to be snotty, stand-offish, and unhelpful. I reported this to the front desk, as it was out of character with the rest of the staff.

Stayed June 2007
5 Thank AlwaysHope
Danville, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2007

Ok, I understand this is a holiday area, it's an island and it's summertime, so I expect to have to pay more. But this was nothing more than a very basic hotel at a very inflated price. We stayed on a weekday so it ONLY cost $165. If I'd paid the $265 a night weekend rates I'd have been really disappointed. There was nothing wrong with it, but calling it a resort is a real stretch. It was just basic in every way. The bathroom was downright dreary. We got one tiny little round piece of soap. The room was clean and the property seemed well-maintained. We did have a coffee maker and coffee in our room. There was a screened in balcony. That was nice since it was Mayfly season. There wasn't much in the way of landscaping of the grounds. There are two swimming pools - just basic rectangular cement ponds. Yes it's right on the lake and every room has a water view. It's a short walk from downtown and the Jet Express dock. I guess it's all about location. The restaurant was reasonably priced but the food was unexciting and it had no atmosphere. Ditto for the so-called Tiki Bar. I suspect on weekends it's quieter than a lot of places on the island. I can't think of a good reason to stay there again. I think for the same amount of money there are better options.

• Liked — Location and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Expensive
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Innspirational1
Melbourne, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2006

I stayed over Labor Day Weekend with women ages 30-60. We booked 3 rooms and were all coming in from different cities across the U.S. We were told we could not authorize our guests to check in to the rooms which we had placed a deposit on before we arrived, which was several hours later. The front desk made us pay for the rooms in full at check-in. We were not permitted to have guests in our rooms that were not staying at the hotel and had to "register" each guest who was staying by name not to exceed 4 per room. Our bags were searched after a security guard claimed she had heard the word "alcohol" spoken from a room where my 60 year old mother and aunts were staying. We had no alcohol. We noticed security guards eavesdropping outside of our doors several times. We spent approximately $2500 for over 2 days in room fees and at the hotel bar and were treated like criminals. Only the bartender at the tiki bar treated us with respect. We met the general manager at another restaurant who told us to ask for her card from the front desk, upon checking out we were told that there was no information available to us regarding mangement. I completely regret staying there and feel totally violated and cheated. The worst part is that there is no way to voice your complaints.

• Liked — Location and view from rooms
  • Disliked — The harassment from security
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay anywhere but here
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Island Club
Island Club
#2 of 4 in Put in Bay

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!