“Best lodging in Put in Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BayShore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
BayShore Resort
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
buffalo. new york
“Best lodging in Put in Bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2007

Just returned from 3 night stay at the Bayshore resort and found it to be one of the nicest places we've been. Property and rooms are spotless, and the staff is helpful and friendly. Location is walking distance to town, where there are LOTS of bars and restaurants. Boardwalk complex is a new addition to waterfront and has a really good food and indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the harbour. Pools and large hot tub at the hotel are right on the water and there is a Tiki bar there too. Screened in balconies in all second and third floor rooms have a great view of the water. Restaurant on site has decent food at reasonable prices; the menu is somewhat limited so you might want to walk to town for more variety. They discourage bringing alcohol on to property (they even check your coolers). No room service available if that's important to you. (Coffee pot in room). This property is not the Ritz, but it's the very best place to stay on the island.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — must purchase alcohol on site
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank skipus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbus Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2007

My fiance' and I stayed at the Bay Shore on a Sunday and Monday night. (Aug. 26& Aug. 27) I must say that I really wasnt expecting to find more than a place to sleep for a couple of nights, but I couldnt have been more wrong. As soon as we entered our room on the third floor, and took a look out from our screened in balcony, we fell in love! Let me tell you, there is nothing like waking up in the morning and looking out on Lake Erie while still in bed! I had read the reviews on here prior to making the reservations, and I admit that a few of the things I read raised red flags, but I am glad that I "took a chance" and booked our room at the Bay Shore anyway. While it is true that you are discouraged from bringing in outside alcohol, you are more than welcome to purchase alcohol at the Tiki Bar and take it up to your room. I do have to say that you will pay slightly more for your libations this way, but it was in no way exorbitant. We had the good fortune of meeting the owners at the Tiki bar on our first night, and we found them to be very friendly, accomodating, helpful, and to be honest , a lot of fun! Pam and Greg gave us some excellent pointers on bars to check out, and things to do while we were on the island. (Thanks Guys!) If you are looking for a hotel with a party atmosphere, with people coming and going at all times, this may not be the place for you. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, with a BEAUTIFUL view, and friendly staff, this is the perfect place for you. Plus the bar tender at the Tiki bar is GREAT! (Thanks Andrew!!) Also contrary to a few of the reviews I read on here, I did not notice an obtrusive security presence. There were no roving bands of security guards patting you down, or kicking down your door, nor did I notice an overabundance of security cameras. Quite frankly, this was just a very enjoyable place to stay, with a great view, nice amenities, and friendly staff. If you are looking for a quiet, romantic place to stay on the island, look no further than the Bay Shore! If you are looking for a non stop party atmosphere, stay elsewhere. Although I will admit that we did our fair share of the party scene, and still have no complaints! Honestly, I will be back. Soon, and Often!!!

• Liked — The View and people
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank richprp
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2007

We booked a two night stay ($165 each night) on a quiet weekday (Tuesday & Wednesday), the hotel is very nice, the staff was friendly, good restaurant, pool and Tiki bar. It is close to downtown, but we chose to rent a golf cart for $55 each day.

The property is somewhat plain, the grass and grounds could use some flowers and TLC. The recently built restaurant is not marked by any signage.

While our room had a beautiful view of the pool and Lake Erie it was so hot on the screened porch due to the
(noisy) airconditioner expelling heat plus the sun out of the east made it all but impossible to sit out even in the morning and evening. But it was August and near record temps.

The bed (room 336) had a mattress cover that needed replaced, it felt like paper or cardboard that had wrinkled.

All in all, its a fun place to visit, you feel like you are in Key West.

• Liked — Close to the downtown area and on the water.
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable bed and noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank wingsOhio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2007

We just returned from a middle-of-week visit to Bayshore Resort located on Put-In-Bay. It was a wonderful experience and can't wait for January to book our stay for next year. The staff was friendly and accomodating, the rooms were clean as well as the rest of the facility, and we loved the fact that it was a nice, quiet atmosphere to relax. Hard to believe anyone had a bad experience there. The drinks at the Tiki bar are reasonably priced (and less during happy hour), and the food at the onsight restaurant is fabulous. The view of the sunrise over the lake is breathtaking , and watching the moon rise was just as wonderful.....every room has a view of the lake. If you are looking for a get-away for two or a family vacation, we would recommend Bayshore Resort; if you are looking for a place to get wild and party, you need to stay downtown. Cudos to the staff at Bayshore for making this a great place to stay!

• Liked — The hotel is right on the lake away from the hussle & bussle of downtown
  • Disliked — Loved it all
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
8 Thank rosenbls
Hamilton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2007

Had an excellent stay at the BayShore Resort. Went for Christmas in July weekend with 5 friends. Stayed in a suite with a fridge and microwave. It had 2 queen beds and a queen sleeper sofa. The TV is mounted to the ceiling and swivels from bed to sleeper sofa. The staff was very friendly. We were allowed to bring a cooler with water and soft drinks, not a problem. The room had a great view of Lake Erie and Commodore Perry. The screened in porch is a great feature. Highly recommend the breakfast at their onsite restaurant...great view, good food.

• Liked — The View/location
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank travelknurd
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2007

Since I used this site to decide what hotel I wanted to stay at I thought that it was only fair that I posted my experience here. After reading reviews about all the hotels on the island we decided to stay at BayShore Resort. I called to make my reservation and I booked a lakefront room with 2 queen beds. I was told of the cancellation policy and of the deposit I needed to place. No problem. Was also told they had plenty of parking there and golf cart rentals available to rent at the front desk.
We booked for 3 nights from July 24-27. Ferry ride to the island was pleasant. When we arrived at the hotel check -in went quick and smooth. We had some questions about the island and the front desk workers were more the willing to answer them and even provided us with a map of the island. We found our room to be very clean and spacious. My wife loved the custom shower and we both loved the screened in balcony overlooking the pools and lake. We had cocktails at the tiki bar and found the bartender Andrea a joy to talk with. She was also very informative about the island and told us of some good places to eat and entertainment to see. The pools were some of the cleanest I have ever seen and the whrlpool spa on the lake was perfect for us to relax and hang out with the other guests. We tried the new restaurant for dinner one night and the food was DELICIOUS and at a very reasonable price. (Try the Tuscon Chicken!) We also saw people eating lunch out by the pool one day but we did not eat lunch there. Over all we had a great stay here and will for sure be heading back next year. Hope this helps you in making your decision of where to stay at Put-in-Bay.

• Liked — The room and being right on the lake.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank jtanner57
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2007

After reading all of the "security" reviews, we were not sure what to expect. We are in our mid-twenties and still like to have a good time, but we certainly have our limits. This hotel was great and one of the cleanest hotels I have ever been in. We arrived on a Thursday afternoon and stayed until Friday afternoon. We did not see a single security person eyeing us. We were able to have a blast and go back to a very clean room. The pool/bar area is very nice as well and there is a great view from every room! We plan to go back and would reccomend this hotel to anyone. We will definitely go back on a week night again as the same room costs $100 more on the weekends.

• Liked — It was very clean, quiet, and had a great view
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#6 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to BayShore Resort? Share your experiences!