“Old TVs and Dim Bathroom”
Review of Islander Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Put in Bay
Islander Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Put in Bay B&B and Inns
“Old TVs and Dim Bathroom”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

The old tv mounted on the wall was very surprising and hard to watch. The bathroom was so dark and not the cleanest. There was something spattered on the the top part of shower curtain which terrified me to think what it was. The pool and bars looked like they would be fun on at a busier time, but it was mostly closed down. We booked at the end of the season. On the upside it is very close to everything. We brought our car but barely needed it. Not a luxury spot but a doable place to crash after a long day of drinking.

• Stayed September 2013

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

My husband and I took a spur of the moment trip to Put In Bay and booked a room here. On the ride out, I read many of the reviews on this site and prepared myself for the worst. Fortunately, we had a much better experience than others have depicted. Our room was clean and appeared to have been recently upgraded (fresh paint and new fixtures). The bathroom was also clean and had plenty of hot water. Given the party atmosphere of the town, I expect many of the rooms to be a little worse for the wear however, I was more than pleased with our accommodations. We would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Cslugdog
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I went to Put in Bay for the Historic races in August. We stayed at the Islander Inn for two nights. I was very disappointed in our room, which was in dire need of refurbishing. There were stains on the carpet, the television was old and had a terrible picture, the lampshade was stained and torn, etc. My husband had booked the room and when I found out it was over $200 per night, I flipped. I don't know how anyone in good conscience could possibly charge so much for such a substandard room!! Unbelievable!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JoAn N

Travellers are raving about these Put in Bay hotels

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I'm writing this review simply to inform others that the Islander Inn had bed bugs in our room. Where bed bugs live in one room, it is sure that all the rooms have them as they spread like wild fire. If you've already booked your room and intend on staying here still, check under your mattress and on the sheets and inside the pillow cases. For those of you unaware, once you have bed bugs, they are nearly impossible to eradicate and they will come home with you and infest your home. You've been warned.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Dbp129
pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed in the middle of the week, so the cost was only horrendous. It was dirty and damp. They charged twice as much for the weekend. DON'T DO IT! Stay in a nice hotel near Sandusky, and go out for the day. You will save $100s and have a better experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank frank k
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I went to this hotel with a large group of friends. I would NOT recommend this for a family or a couple that wants a quiet get away. The pool is public. There are a lot of bachelor and bachelorette parties on the weekends. It's a fantastic place for groups that want to visit, drink and have a good time by the pool.

The rooms were recently renovated but the bathrooms weren't done. The toilet leaked, the towl dispenser was rusted, and there were tiles missing.

It wasn't horrible for a group of friends drinking on the weekend.

The bar staff was amazing and the dj did an excellent job providing entertainment.

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the pirate ship are louder.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Upon arriving at the hotel we were promptly checked in. Everything was fine until we arrived to our room 396. Heading up to our room the hotel was extremely hot. Before entering our room we looked up and saw spiders and cowebs all over the lights and corners as if nobody had cleaned in a long time. As we proceeded into our room we opened the door to find an unclean room. While the bedding was nice and clean, as soon as you looked up it had looked like someone had licked and rubbed all over the window and no one had cleaned it, by my bed I found smashed up cigarette butts and entering into the bathroom there was pee all down the seat. Extremely unsatisified, especially considering the amount we paid, I went to the front desk (because our phone was not working) and was assured the mess would be taken care of. Giving them the benefit of the doubt we left the room for about two hours only to come back and find the same disgusting mess! I walked back down to the front desk and the girl just apologized and sent the cleaners up with me saying that she sent them up to clean our room. (Clearly not!!) Finally after having the mess cleaned up I was hoping for everything else to be ok...Nope! The next day our toilet flooded, had to walk back down again and was told that there were 2-3 othee toilets on our floor that were flooded and it would be awhile but they gave me a plunger to fix it myself in the mean time. We finally left the room after having taken care of that issue only to come back and find that house keeping never came to clean our room or give us fresh towels. So, back down to the front desk I go. I asked for new clean towels and the girl refused to give me any, saying that unless we return some we couldn't havr any! Then I explained that house keeping never came, etc. Again I was assured someone would be up to clean and bring fresh towels. Four hours later we go back to our room only to find NO fresh towels or anything. Again I go back to the front desk with all the dirty towels so I could finally get new clean ones. At that point I had enough and asked to speak to someone in charge. The girl said there was nothing she could do and that if I come back in the morning I could speak to the manager. Thia trip was nothing but a hassle! I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. Absolutely ridiculous considering the amount I paid!

• Stayed August 2013
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Island Club
Island Club
#2 of 5 in Put in Bay

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!