I arrived to the island from Arizona and spent a few days this past week at Harriet's House and had a great time. I have traveled the world as an airline pilot and along with our planned family vacations I have experienced the extremes in accommodations. I would rank the Harriet's House in the upper tier for what they offer, and along with the modest pricing for their units makes them a sought after refuge for the island . The rooms are clean, well maintained and very appropriate for a visit to the island. Denny and Linda are wonderful accommodating hosts, extremely friendly and were available for my questions and needs. Denny and Linda live on the grounds at Harriet's House during the busy summer months and I found that while they attended to everyday business duties they still took the time to engage in conversation if I was in the area. I don't envy them in this ruthless business of attempting to please everyone's needs and desires while hosting and attending to a vast array of personality types that frequent the island. There is an 11p.m. quiet time on the grounds at Harriet's House. I mention this because I am grateful for the fact that Denny will do his best in his attempt in keeping the noise of party people to a minimum, while respecting the rights of his many other guests who are looking for some quiet time at that time of night. I plan on returning to Harriet's House as it is a great place to stay offering not only great rooms, but peace of mind knowing that the owners truly care about all their guests. Thanks for the memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio