I just returned from a weekend visit to Put In Bay. Our group of four couples stayed at one of the townhouses operated by Harriet's House & Island suites. The townhouse was very clean and quite honestly the bathrooms were spotless. My problem with Harriet's House was that the townhouse was described on the website as a four bedroom townhouse. This townhouse is in no way, shape or form a four bedroom rental. The first floor does include a bedroom with a door. The second floor includes a second bedroom with a door but also has a bed that has absolutely no privacy. The bed is at the opposite end of the second floor from the bedroom with a door. Let me tell you that when I saw that bed sitting out in the open of the second floor I was absolutely astonished. No door separating that bed from the first floor, the second floor or the third floor. In order to access the third floor you actually have to walk past the bed that is out in the open. You can pick up on that detail on the pictures on the website. Past the bed up the steps to the third floor where there are two more beds in what I would only describe as a sleeping area. No door on the third floor sleeping area. As advertised this place can sleep ten, but should advertised as a two bedroom with additional sleeping areas for six.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio