Denny and Linda were great. The place was very clean and the staff was very responsive to any request we had. It is a family owned operation with a close eye on the property, which we really didn't mind because they didn't bother us. However, they were also around to make sure their property wasn't destroyed. It is Put in Bay so they understand that most people go there to party like rock stars.
The location is perfect for those who want to walk to the bars, catch the ferry and hit the local market. I will definitely book here for our next stay....year 4.
The only bad thing I will say is the water pressure is a bit low and the water temperature doesn't get very hot. In reality, who cares. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a great place to stay! Clean, professional and accommodating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio