“Best Weekend Ever”
Review of Bay Lodging Resort

Bay Lodging Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Put in Bay
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here a few weekends ago. It was really a last minute trip with my buddies. We were able to score 2 awesome rooms. Everything was clean and the staff was very nice and accommodating. The best part of this hotel is the bar. Great atmosphere, and a great place to hang out with other people. My guys and I will totally come back next year.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is an older motel, but is very clean. That is the best thing about it. It advertises continental breakfast on weekdays, however upon our arrival we were not advised of anything about it. There are no coffee makers in the rooms, but on the morning I checked out (today) I learned of a machine in the office. There is no elevator, so if your room is on the 2nd floor be prepared to climb some very steep stairs with luggage in tow. There was also no remote control for the TV and when asked was told they checked with the maid and one was not available. Also, a charge slip was requested to be signed and left at the desk although the room had been prepaid. When questioned about this I was told it was for "incidentals." I can't imagine what they would be as it is impossible to even make a local phone call from the room. Would I return to this place or recommend it NO

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carol V
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Room was clean and in order. Away from all the noise and craziness that PIB is known for but close enough to get to where you need to go on the island when you want to be in the center of all the noise and excitement! The scenery is beautiful and my family really loved everything about it! We will definately be staying here again next year! I highly recommend this place to anyone planning a weekend or week long getaway!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Simply put- after being recommended by a local of the island we will never stay anywhere else. Paid too much for years at other places. The units were amazingly clean, and the staff went above and beyond in making sure our stay was a vacation and not a hassle. Will be back next year. Happy vacationing

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for an over-nighter at Put-In Bay. I have to say it was a great choice! The hotel is not located in the center of all the downtown activities which makes it nice. Room #1112, was very nice. They are a tad small, but great for a short stay. Room was clean, everything worked, AC nice and cold. Staff was great. Very accommodating and helpful. If you plan on drinking beer, drink at the hotel bar instead of in-town. Drinks are much cheaper there, especially if you can catch the "grab bag" offer.
If you need a ride, they have a shuttle that cost $1 pp for a trip to town or $3 pp to and from any ferry service, so make sure to get the phone # and call for a pickup if arriving on one of the ferry services. Otherwise, it's a fairly good walk to the resort, especially if your dragging a suitcase.
If I plan another over-nighter in Put-In Bay, I will definitely stay at The Bay Lodging Resort again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We simply needed a short getaway. Its close to downtown restaurants. We are also huge OSU fans. Everything was extremely convenient for us. Clean, friendly staff, and a lot of fun. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was my first time to Put in Bay and when I was booking my trip, I did not know where to stay until I made a call to the Bay Lodging Resort. Not only were they very helpful with all of my questions, but they gave us advice of where to go without us even asking. The pool and tiki bar are great to have right outside the room because we didn't have to walk downtown if we wanted a quick swim. It was a very clean facility and the eight minute walk wasn't bad at all for when we did venture downtown. I would recommend this place to my friends and certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#3 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to Bay Lodging Resort? Share your experiences!