My husband, myself, and our 6 year old son was staying here to be close to Nationwide Children’s Hospital for an early appointment we had the following morning. We got to the hotel about 9:30pm hoping to turn in early so we could get up early the next morning for the appointment. Upon arrival, the hotel receptionist was standing outside smoking (which was not a problem in and of itself, but because the smoking area was directly beside the front entryway the entrance smelled of smoke). After checking in, we went upstairs to find the beds a mess (which obviously meant the room had not been cleaned). We came back downstairs and the receptionist told us there were no other rooms available and there was no housekeeping in at that hour. She apologized and said if we’d give her some time, she would clean it herself. About 45 mins later, she came back downstairs and said she apologized if the beds didn’t look perfect, but she had never been trained in housekeeping. She said everything in the bathroom had been wiped down and there were new sheets on the bed. Either way, we knew the room hadn’t been cleaned appropriately and I would not let my son walk around barefoot because I knew the floors had not been swept. In the receptionist's defense, she should not have had to clean the room, so I appreciated her going above and beyond her duties to take care of the issue.
The receptionist was very friendly throughout the whole ordeal and as far as her personality went, she was great. I understand these things happen and we were very calm with her through the whole situation because we knew it was not her fault. She offered to discount our room by $5. To me, this was unacceptable since we waited for an hour for our room to be only partially cleaned. On a positive note, the breakfast the next morning was really good.
Although past experiences in staying at Holiday Inn Express have been very satisfying, on this trip, we did not feel like we received the quality of room/service we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hotel Columbus East. Ideal location near all the best attractions, only minutes away from Port Columbus International Airport. If you're traveling to the area on business, you'll appreciate our hotel's location near corporations, universities and government facilities. Not only do we offer a relaxing indoor heated pool, but we also boast a fantastic location off I-70, near everything to see and do in Columbus Ohio. Our hotel just has it all! When you stay with us in Reynoldsburg our rooms will make you feel at home. These spacious rooms have an executive work desk for getting down to business. located in the heart of Reynoldsburg Ohio the New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East Hotel Reynoldsburg
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Columbus East
- Country Inn Reynoldsburg
- Reynoldsburg Country Inn