“Not what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express.”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Reynoldsburg
Vienna, West Virginia
“Not what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express.”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself, and our 6 year old son was staying here to be close to Nationwide Children’s Hospital for an early appointment we had the following morning. We got to the hotel about 9:30pm hoping to turn in early so we could get up early the next morning for the appointment. Upon arrival, the hotel receptionist was standing outside smoking (which was not a problem in and of itself, but because the smoking area was directly beside the front entryway the entrance smelled of smoke). After checking in, we went upstairs to find the beds a mess (which obviously meant the room had not been cleaned). We came back downstairs and the receptionist told us there were no other rooms available and there was no housekeeping in at that hour. She apologized and said if we’d give her some time, she would clean it herself. About 45 mins later, she came back downstairs and said she apologized if the beds didn’t look perfect, but she had never been trained in housekeeping. She said everything in the bathroom had been wiped down and there were new sheets on the bed. Either way, we knew the room hadn’t been cleaned appropriately and I would not let my son walk around barefoot because I knew the floors had not been swept. In the receptionist's defense, she should not have had to clean the room, so I appreciated her going above and beyond her duties to take care of the issue.

The receptionist was very friendly throughout the whole ordeal and as far as her personality went, she was great. I understand these things happen and we were very calm with her through the whole situation because we knew it was not her fault. She offered to discount our room by $5. To me, this was unacceptable since we waited for an hour for our room to be only partially cleaned. On a positive note, the breakfast the next morning was really good.

Although past experiences in staying at Holiday Inn Express have been very satisfying, on this trip, we did not feel like we received the quality of room/service we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2013
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
We appreciate you making us aware of your time spent with us, I’m sorry it was not completely positive experience. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. I'm pleased to hear; however, that you were able to enjoy wonderful breakfast bar and our great staff.

Our receptionist tried to go out of way to make sure you were comfortable as another guest was moved from this room, she only had to do some minor touch up work so you wouldn't have to drive to another location as the area was completely sold out thus offering an additional discount to our already great discounted rates.

We appreciate your understanding as you said "these things happen" and when they do we try to make it right. Please forgive us for making you feel you that you didn't receive the quality of room/service we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn Express as it's not typical at our location.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and that your son is doing well.

Best wishes,

Alice & Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ohio
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I recently stayed here for a week and was very impressed. The hotel and my room were very clean, comfortable and spacious. Housekeeping done a wonderful job each day in my room. Breakfast was very good, hot and always full. The hotel is very quiet even though it is located next to the interstate. There are a lot of places to eat, some even within walking distances. There is a Walmart right across the street in the event you have forgotten something or need something during your stay. I was very pleased and will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to our housekeeping staff. Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Alice Tackett General Manager
North Liberty, Iowa, USA
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This was a nice place to stay. Roomy suite with extra amenities like refrig and microwave. Bathroom size decent. Bed was comfortable. However, we had a third adult traveling with us who had to sleep on the sofa-bed. The mattress on the sofa-bed was not very good and it was not comfortable. It was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. Had nice breakfast selections.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at The Reynoldsburg Holiday Inn Express & Suites, always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room and service.

The sofa beds are pretty new and may need broken in still,thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

Alice Tackett General Manager
Lincoln
Reviewed 4 February 2013 via mobile

Headed to the DC area, we spent the night at this hotel. Even though we arrived quite late, we were greeted in a very friendly manner. The hotel is well maintained, and the breakfast area was well supplied late in the breakfast time period.

• Stayed February 2013
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us here in Reynoldsburg,Ohio.We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!

The team and I greatly appreciate your sharing your kind comments.

Warm Regards

Alice Tackett
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 15 January 2013

This H.I.E. was just a little it hard to find at night, even with our GPS, as it is in the back of the shopping center. However, once we got there, the check-in was swift and easy. Sleep, bath,& breakfast quality were all fine, though we would have liked some fresh fruit instead of grits & gravy. We were back on the road after a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express
Columbus East.

Many thanks for your review about your stay at the hotel. We are positioned in an excellent location with easy access to I-70 and sometimes can be overwhelming with such a great
selection of restuarants near us.

Our breakfast provides something for everyone with the choice of continental and hot items with fresh bananas daily.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Regards

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I was staying there on business and after returning home realized I had misplaced my Ipad. I knew I didn't leave it in hotel as I always check room carefully before checking out. I looked everywhere in my office, home,etc. I had given up home. I returned to the hotel about 2 weeks later and asked just for safe measure if anyone found an ipad. The girls at front desk started jumping up and down so excited and saying " it's her, it's her!" A customer had found the ipad outside on parking lot! and brought it it to them. They had been trying to identify owner and went so far as to call apple with serial number,etc. They were as thrilled as I was that it was returned to owner. I've always had great stays at this hotel but this made them heros to me! Did I mention it was a work Ipad and I had not told my boss yet? Yes, HEROS!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
HIEASTCOL, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus East, responded to this review, 21 December 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. The team and I greatly appreciate your sharing your experience and I know that they were excited to read how pleased you were.

We really appreciate your wonderful review.

Thank you very much!

Happy Holidays :)

west chicago, il
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Stayed here for 3 days over Thanksgiving. Hotel was extremely clean. very quite. room doors were heavy and noise from hall and rooms next to us were not heard. Elevators "hid" in cubbie holes hard to find. Breakfast had a variety a changed daily. nothing fancy but better than normal. Will be staying here again while visiting family again.

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor towards the end. with a king size bed